|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43 | Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes confess to being worried about before David leaves Canterbury?
(a) Her hair is falling out.
(b) Her dog and her cat.
(c) Her father's drinking problem and Uriah Heep's influence.
(d) Her job and her boyfriend.
2. What major event occurs in Chapter 43?
(a) Steerforth reappears.
(b) Dora dies.
(c) Miss Betsey renounces David.
(d) David marries Dora.
3. What is David unable to share with Dora?
(a) His family and friends.
(b) His money.
(c) His thoughts and feelings.
(d) His love.
4. What is Mr. Murdstone doing when David runs into him in the midst of making his legal rounds?
(a) Drinking heavily.
(b) Crying over the way he treated David's mother.
(c) Searching for his sister.
(d) Applying for a marriage license.
5. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
(a) Emily is pregnant.
(b) Peggotty is getting married.
(c) Emily is moving to Australia.
(d) Emily and Ham are engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David earn extra money in Chapter 43?
2. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
3. What does David learn about Emily shortly after arriving in Yarmouth?
4. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
5. What is the major problem in David and Dora's marriage?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)