|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43 | Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tommy Traddles studying for a career in?
2. What does David try to do after finishing school?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Buy a house.
(d) Find a suitable career.
3. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
(a) That David has no chance with Dora so he should just leave her alone.
(b) That Dora is going to visit her in London and he is welcome to visit as well.
(c) That Dora is going to become a nun.
(d) That Dora is getting married to Steerforth.
4. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
(a) To execute Barkis' will and settle Peggotty's finances.
(b) To sue Steerforth for running away with Emily.
(c) To arrange his marriage to Dora.
(d) To find an adoptive family for Emily's illegitimate baby.
5. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
(a) They do not leave Plymouth.
(b) Because they get kicked out of their house.
(c) Because they cannot stop fighting with each other.
(d) Because Mrs. Micawber's family is unable to provide financial assistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event occurs in Chapter 43?
2. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
3. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
4. What does David ask Agnes to promise in Chapter 39?
5. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)