|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43 | Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David unable to share with Dora?
(a) His money.
(b) His family and friends.
(c) His love.
(d) His thoughts and feelings.
2. What does David learn about Emily shortly after arriving in Yarmouth?
(a) She has been apprenticed to the tailor shop as a dressmaker.
(b) She is engaged.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has died.
3. Why does Mrs. Micawber suggest her husband take out an advertisement?
(a) To advertise his skill and ask for employment.
(b) To complain about Uriah Heep.
(c) To find their missing daughter.
(d) To find a house.
4. Who meets David and Steerforth in London?
(b) Miss Betsey.
5. How does Dora's father react to the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) Demands David break off the relationship immediately.
(b) Congratulates them.
(c) Dies of shock.
(d) Announces his intentions to marry Miss Murdstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David run into when he and Agnes attend a dinner party?
2. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
3. Why does David find the London school closed?
4. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
5. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)