|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43 | Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Betsey send David to Dover to attend to some business for her?
(a) To see Dora.
(b) In hopes of cheering David up.
(c) She does not want to be around him.
(d) To visit Agnes.
2. What boarding school does David attend in London?
(a) Canterbury Inn.
(c) Salem House.
(d) Mr. Creakle's Boarding School for Boys.
3. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(b) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(c) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(d) Steerforth, David's friend.
4. Why is the suspicious person at Steerforth's house unable to obtain information from David?
(a) He is stubborn.
(b) He has none to offer.
(c) He does not want to tell her.
(d) He does provide information.
5. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
(a) She cries to David about it.
(b) She returns agitated, with most of the money in her purse gone.
(c) She does not talk to a man on the street who obviously disturbs her.
(d) She slaps the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uriah Heep tell Mr. Wickfield in Chapter 39?
2. After Miss Betsey loses her fortune, what does Agnes suggest David do for work?
3. Where does David go after tending to his aunt's business in Dover?
4. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
5. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)