|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43 | Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
(a) That she hates him.
(b) That he needs to come get David.
(c) That she wants to marry him.
(d) That David is staying with her.
2. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
(b) Mr. Dick.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
3. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
(a) To execute Barkis' will and settle Peggotty's finances.
(b) To find an adoptive family for Emily's illegitimate baby.
(c) To arrange his marriage to Dora.
(d) To sue Steerforth for running away with Emily.
4. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Mell.
5. What does David buy with his extra income in Chapter 43?
(a) A small cottage.
(b) An apprenticeship.
(c) A new horse.
(d) An engagement ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Steerforth's butler?
2. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
3. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
4. Why does Dora stop communicating with David in Chapter 38?
5. Two days later, how does David feel about his behavior to Agnes while he was drunk?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)