|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43 | Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
(a) She breaks off their engagement.
(b) She tells him that she is marrying someone else.
(c) She begs David never to mention poverty or hard work to her again.
(d) She tells him that she loves him too much for financial matters to concern her.
2. When is Peggotty fired?
(b) After David's mother has another son.
(c) After Mr. Murdstone marries David's mother.
(d) After David's mother's funeral.
3. What does David realize in Chapter 44?
(a) That he loves another woman.
(b) That Dora will never be a true partner for him.
(c) That Dora loves another man.
(d) That Dora is ugly.
4. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(b) Steerforth, David's friend.
(c) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(d) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
5. Who does Tommy Traddles plan to marry?
(a) Sophie, the daughter of a country minister.
(b) Agnes, Mr. Wickfield's daughter.
(d) Dora, Mr. Spenlow's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
2. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
3. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
4. Who does David re-encounter when he arrives in London?
5. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)