|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43 | Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David ask Agnes to promise in Chapter 39?
(a) To marry Uriah Heep to help her father.
(b) To move to Australia to escape Uriah Heep.
(c) To marry him if things do not work out with Dora.
(d) That she will not marry Uriah Heep out of duty to her father.
2. Who begins to court David's mother?
(a) Mr. Copperfield.
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
3. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
(a) To find an adoptive family for Emily's illegitimate baby.
(b) To arrange his marriage to Dora.
(c) To execute Barkis' will and settle Peggotty's finances.
(d) To sue Steerforth for running away with Emily.
4. What happens when David takes Agnes to meet Dora?
(a) David realizes that he loves Agnes, not Dora.
(b) The two women hate each other.
(c) The two women strike up a strong friendship.
(d) David decides that he cannot be friends with Agnes anymore.
5. What is the major problem in David and Dora's marriage?
(a) Dora's inability to do anything practical.
(b) Dora loves Steerforth.
(c) David loves Agnes.
(d) Dora is unable to get pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to stay with David's family?
2. What is Mr. Murdstone doing when David runs into him in the midst of making his legal rounds?
3. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
4. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
5. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)