|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43 | Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David ask Agnes to promise in Chapter 39?
(a) To move to Australia to escape Uriah Heep.
(b) That she will not marry Uriah Heep out of duty to her father.
(c) To marry Uriah Heep to help her father.
(d) To marry him if things do not work out with Dora.
2. How does David do in school?
(a) David does well in school.
(b) David drops out of school.
(c) David is expelled from school.
(d) David does poorly in school.
3. Who does Tommy Traddles plan to marry?
(a) Agnes, Mr. Wickfield's daughter.
(b) Sophie, the daughter of a country minister.
(c) Dora, Mr. Spenlow's daughter.
4. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
(a) Tommy Traddles.
5. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Kick him out on the street.
(c) Send him home with the Murdstones.
(d) Accept him as her ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
2. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
3. Who drops hints about a relationship between Mrs. Strong and Jack Maldon?
4. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
5. Who interrupts David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)