|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43 | Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dora's father find out about the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) He intercepts a letter between David and Dora.
(b) Through Miss Murdstone's snooping.
(c) David tells him.
(d) Dora tells him.
2. What does David buy with his extra income in Chapter 43?
(a) A small cottage.
(b) A new horse.
(c) An apprenticeship.
(d) An engagement ring.
3. When Miss Betsey visits David in Chapter 34, what does she tell him?
(a) That she never wants to see him again.
(b) That her husband has shown up.
(c) That she has lost her fortune through bad investments.
(d) That she is having a baby.
4. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(b) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(c) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(d) Steerforth, David's friend.
5. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
(a) David tells Steerforth stories nightly, and Steerforth helps David with difficult assignments.
(b) By sneaking out at night.
(c) David helps Steerforth in school, and Steerforth helps David find dates.
(d) They do not help each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
2. Who is Miss Betsey's lawyer?
3. What is the name of Steerforth's butler?
4. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
5. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)