|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43 | Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
(a) Steerforth and Littimer.
(b) Miss Betsey and Mr. Dick.
(c) Mrs. Steerforth and Rosa Dartle.
(d) Traddles and Sophie.
2. Who is Miss Betsey's lawyer?
(a) Mr. Wickfield.
(b) Mr. Heep.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
3. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
(a) She tells him that she is marrying someone else.
(b) She tells him that she loves him too much for financial matters to concern her.
(c) She breaks off their engagement.
(d) She begs David never to mention poverty or hard work to her again.
4. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A proctor.
(d) A doctor.
5. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Miss Betsey.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after his father's death is David born?
2. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
3. When Miss Betsey visits David in Chapter 34, what does she tell him?
4. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
5. Why does Dora stop communicating with David in Chapter 38?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)