|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Barkis.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
2. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
(a) To buy a gift for his aunt.
(b) To buy food.
(c) So no one will recognize him.
(d) To buy new ones.
3. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) It caught on fire.
(b) Holiday period.
(c) It has been condemned.
(d) It is summer.
4. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
(a) The fact that he is not a girl.
(b) His mother asks Miss Betsey to leave.
(c) David cries when Miss Betsey holds him.
(d) The fact that he is ugly.
5. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
(a) By inspiring fear in his students.
(b) Mr. Creakle does not run the school.
(c) Kindly with all of his students loving him.
(d) With his wife's help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
2. What does David find when he returns home for the holidays?
3. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
4. When is Peggotty fired?
5. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)