|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
(a) His aunt dies.
(b) His mother has a baby.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) His mother marries Mr. Murdstone.
2. Who begins to court David's mother?
(a) Mr. Copperfield.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
3. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) To flee to America.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) To become very educated and find a better job.
(d) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
4. Why does David go to Yarmouth?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To go to school.
(c) To visit Peggotty's family.
(d) To visit his aunt.
5. What does David learn on his birthday?
(a) That he is being expelled from Salem House.
(b) That his mother has died.
(c) That his father is still alive.
(d) That his baby brother has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
2. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
3. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
4. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
5. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)