|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Mr. Mell.
2. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
(a) His mother asks Miss Betsey to leave.
(b) The fact that he is ugly.
(c) David cries when Miss Betsey holds him.
(d) The fact that he is not a girl.
3. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(b) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(c) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(d) Steerforth, David's friend.
4. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
(d) Tommy Traddles.
5. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
2. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
3. What does David learn on his birthday?
4. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
5. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)