|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the headmaster at David's new school while he stays with the Wickfields?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Dr. Strong.
2. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) It is summer.
(b) It has been condemned.
(c) Holiday period.
(d) It caught on fire.
3. Why does David go to Yarmouth?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To visit his aunt.
(c) To visit Peggotty's family.
(d) To go to school.
4. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) To flee to America.
(d) To become very educated and find a better job.
5. Who is Miss Betsey's lawyer?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Heep.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David have tea with?
2. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
3. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
4. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
5. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)