|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) Holiday period.
(b) It is summer.
(c) It caught on fire.
(d) It has been condemned.
2. What does Peggotty object to?
(a) Mr. Murdstone courting David's mother.
(b) Working late.
(c) Miss Betsey moving in.
(d) David going to school.
3. Who is the headmaster at David's new school while he stays with the Wickfields?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Dr. Strong.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
4. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
(a) David cries when Miss Betsey holds him.
(b) The fact that he is not a girl.
(c) The fact that he is ugly.
(d) His mother asks Miss Betsey to leave.
5. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) To commit suicide.
(b) To flee to America.
(c) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(d) To become very educated and find a better job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
2. What does David find when he returns home for the holidays?
3. When is Peggotty fired?
4. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
5. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)