|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel in his new lodgings with the Wickfields?
2. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(b) Steerforth, David's friend.
(c) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(d) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
3. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That David is staying with her.
(c) That she hates him.
(d) That he needs to come get David.
4. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
(a) His mother has a baby.
(b) His aunt dies.
(c) His mother marries Mr. Murdstone.
(d) He gets sick.
5. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
(a) To buy a gift for his aunt.
(b) To buy new ones.
(c) So no one will recognize him.
(d) To buy food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
2. Who is Miss Betsey's lawyer?
3. Why does David go to Yarmouth?
4. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
5. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)