|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose presence disturbs David while he stays at the Wickfields' house?
(a) Mrs. Wickfield.
(b) Uriah Heep, the clerk.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
2. How is David's mother's health affected by her marriage?
(a) It is not.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She gets diabetes.
(d) She falls into bad health and seems unlikely to recover.
3. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Dick.
4. How does David feel in his new lodgings with the Wickfields?
5. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
(b) Miss Betsey.
(c) Mr. Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David learn on his birthday?
2. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
3. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
4. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
5. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)