|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
(c) With the Wickfields.
(d) With Steerforth.
2. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Steerforth, David's friend.
(b) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(c) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
(d) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
3. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
(a) That she hates him.
(b) That she wants to marry him.
(c) That he needs to come get David.
(d) That David is staying with her.
4. Why does David find the London school closed?
(a) It caught on fire.
(b) Holiday period.
(c) It has been condemned.
(d) It is summer.
5. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David learn on his birthday?
2. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
3. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
4. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
5. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)