|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) To become very educated and find a better job.
(b) To flee to America.
(c) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(d) To commit suicide.
2. What does David find when he returns home for the holidays?
(a) His mother has given birth to another son.
(b) Miss Betsey will adopt him.
(c) His mother is dead.
(d) Mr. Murdstone is gone.
3. What does Miss Betsey tell Mr. Murdstone in a letter?
(a) That he needs to come get David.
(b) That she wants to marry him.
(c) That she hates him.
(d) That David is staying with her.
4. How does David do in school?
(a) David does well in school.
(b) David does poorly in school.
(c) David is expelled from school.
(d) David drops out of school.
5. Who does Steerforth insult so badly that this person resigns his post immediately?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Mell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
2. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
3. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
4. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
5. Who is Miss Betsey's lawyer?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)