|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) With Steerforth.
(b) With the Wickfields.
(c) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
(d) In a hotel.
2. What student is first to return when the London school reopens after the holiday?
(b) Tommy Traddles.
3. Why does David go to Yarmouth?
(a) To visit Peggotty's family.
(b) To find a wife.
(c) To go to school.
(d) To visit his aunt.
4. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) To commit suicide.
(b) To flee to America.
(c) To become very educated and find a better job.
(d) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
5. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) A glass broke.
(b) A ghost.
(c) The appearance of a strange man.
(d) She thinks she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
2. How does David feel in his new lodgings with the Wickfields?
3. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
4. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
5. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)