|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
(a) To buy new ones.
(b) So no one will recognize him.
(c) To buy a gift for his aunt.
(d) To buy food.
2. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) A glass broke.
(b) She thinks she is pregnant.
(c) The appearance of a strange man.
(d) A ghost.
3. How is David's mother's health affected by her marriage?
(a) She has a heart attack.
(b) It is not.
(c) She gets diabetes.
(d) She falls into bad health and seems unlikely to recover.
4. How do David and Steerforth help each other?
(a) By sneaking out at night.
(b) David tells Steerforth stories nightly, and Steerforth helps David with difficult assignments.
(c) David helps Steerforth in school, and Steerforth helps David find dates.
(d) They do not help each other.
5. What does David learn on his birthday?
(a) That his baby brother has died.
(b) That his father is still alive.
(c) That he is being expelled from Salem House.
(d) That his mother has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
2. Who comes to stay with David's family?
3. How does David feel in his new lodgings with the Wickfields?
4. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
5. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)