|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
(a) They do not leave Plymouth.
(b) Because they cannot stop fighting with each other.
(c) Because they get kicked out of their house.
(d) Because Mrs. Micawber's family is unable to provide financial assistance.
2. What does David learn on his birthday?
(a) That his mother has died.
(b) That his father is still alive.
(c) That his baby brother has died.
(d) That he is being expelled from Salem House.
3. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
(a) Mr. Creakle does not run the school.
(b) With his wife's help.
(c) Kindly with all of his students loving him.
(d) By inspiring fear in his students.
4. In Chapter 13, where does David head toward?
5. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) The appearance of a strange man.
(b) A glass broke.
(c) She thinks she is pregnant.
(d) A ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
2. How long after his father's death is David born?
3. Why does David sell most of his clothes on his journey?
4. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
5. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)