Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David often do while staying in Yarmouth?
(a) Visit Peggotty.
(b) Visit his old home, The Rookery.
(d) Get drunk.
2. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(b) To become very educated and find a better job.
(c) To flee to America.
(d) To commit suicide.
3. When is Peggotty fired?
(a) After David's mother's funeral.
(c) After David's mother has another son.
(d) After Mr. Murdstone marries David's mother.
4. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
5. What is the name of Steerforth's butler?
(b) Mr. Creakle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Creakle run the school?
2. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
3. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
4. What announcement at Peggotty's home is interrupted by David and Steerforth's arrival?
5. Who does David have tea with?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)