|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That he is not in love with Emily.
(b) That Emily has run away with another man.
(c) That he is interested in men.
(d) That Emily is pregnant.
2. Why does Dora faint?
(a) Mr. Spenlow catches David and Dora together.
(b) She is sick.
(c) David asks her about budgeting and cooking.
(d) David tells her that he is going to marry someone else.
3. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
4. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
(a) Because Mrs. Micawber's family is unable to provide financial assistance.
(b) Because they get kicked out of their house.
(c) They do not leave Plymouth.
(d) Because they cannot stop fighting with each other.
5. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Miss Betsey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dora's father find out about the relationship between David and Dora?
2. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
3. Who meets David and Steerforth in London?
4. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
5. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)