|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
(a) That Steerforth wanted to marry Emily.
(b) That Emily was pregnant.
(c) That David was courting Emily.
(d) That Littimer planned to kidnap Emily.
2. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Miss Betsey.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
3. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That Emily is pregnant.
(b) That Emily has run away with another man.
(c) That he is interested in men.
(d) That he is not in love with Emily.
4. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Get married.
(b) Move to Australia.
(c) Forget about Emily.
(d) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
5. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
(a) She tells him that she is marrying someone else.
(b) She tells him that she loves him too much for financial matters to concern her.
(c) She breaks off their engagement.
(d) She begs David never to mention poverty or hard work to her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
2. How does David do in school?
3. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
4. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
5. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)