|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
(a) She slaps him and refuses to speak to him.
(b) She tells him that she loves him.
(c) She is angry and convinces him to go home.
(d) She cries herself to sleep.
2. Why does Dora stop communicating with David in Chapter 38?
(a) She does not want to hurt her father.
(b) She is grief stricken over her father's death.
(c) She marries someone else.
(d) She does not stop communicating with David.
3. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A proctor.
4. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
(a) Mr. Spencer.
(b) Mr. Spenlow.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
5. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) With the Wickfields.
(b) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) With Steerforth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Peggotty fired?
2. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
3. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
4. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
5. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)