|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
(a) Miss Betsey.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
2. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
(a) That Emily was pregnant.
(b) That David was courting Emily.
(c) That Littimer planned to kidnap Emily.
(d) That Steerforth wanted to marry Emily.
3. How does David do in school?
(a) David is expelled from school.
(b) David does well in school.
(c) David drops out of school.
(d) David does poorly in school.
4. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
(a) Miss Betsey and Mr. Dick.
(b) Traddles and Sophie.
(c) Mrs. Steerforth and Rosa Dartle.
(d) Steerforth and Littimer.
5. Why does Dora stop communicating with David in Chapter 38?
(a) She marries someone else.
(b) She does not want to hurt her father.
(c) She does not stop communicating with David.
(d) She is grief stricken over her father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
2. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
3. Why does Dora faint?
4. When is Peggotty fired?
5. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)