|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dora's father react to the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) Announces his intentions to marry Miss Murdstone.
(b) Congratulates them.
(c) Demands David break off the relationship immediately.
(d) Dies of shock.
2. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
(b) Move to Australia.
(c) Get married.
(d) Forget about Emily.
3. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
(a) Traddles and Sophie.
(b) Steerforth and Littimer.
(c) Mrs. Steerforth and Rosa Dartle.
(d) Miss Betsey and Mr. Dick.
4. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
(a) A counting house in London.
(b) A post office.
(c) Mr. Wickfield's law office.
(d) Debtor's Prison.
5. Who does David have tea with?
(a) Uriah Heep and Heep's mother.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
2. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
3. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
4. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
5. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)