|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets David and Steerforth in London?
(a) Miss Betsey.
2. Why does Dora stop communicating with David in Chapter 38?
(a) She does not stop communicating with David.
(b) She is grief stricken over her father's death.
(c) She does not want to hurt her father.
(d) She marries someone else.
3. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Miss Betsey.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
4. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(b) To flee to America.
(c) To become very educated and find a better job.
(d) To commit suicide.
5. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
(a) Move to Australia.
(b) Allow Dora to marry someone else.
(c) Work harder.
(d) Give up on Dora.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
2. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
3. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
4. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
5. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)