|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
(a) That Littimer planned to kidnap Emily.
(b) That Steerforth wanted to marry Emily.
(c) That David was courting Emily.
(d) That Emily was pregnant.
2. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Barkis.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
3. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
(a) She slaps him and refuses to speak to him.
(b) She cries herself to sleep.
(c) She is angry and convinces him to go home.
(d) She tells him that she loves him.
4. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
(a) A counting house in London.
(b) A post office.
(c) Debtor's Prison.
(d) Mr. Wickfield's law office.
5. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
(a) Mr. Murdstone.
(b) Mr. Spenlow.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Mr. Spencer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
2. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
3. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
4. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
5. How does David do in school?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)