|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
(a) Mr. Spenlow.
(b) Mr. Spencer.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Wickfield.
2. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) A ghost.
(b) She thinks she is pregnant.
(c) A glass broke.
(d) The appearance of a strange man.
3. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Move to Australia.
(b) Forget about Emily.
(c) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
(d) Get married.
4. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Barkis.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
5. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
(a) They do not leave Plymouth.
(b) Because Mrs. Micawber's family is unable to provide financial assistance.
(c) Because they get kicked out of their house.
(d) Because they cannot stop fighting with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
2. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
3. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
4. Who meets David and Steerforth in London?
5. How does Dora's father find out about the relationship between David and Dora?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)