|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dora faint?
(a) David tells her that he is going to marry someone else.
(b) She is sick.
(c) Mr. Spenlow catches David and Dora together.
(d) David asks her about budgeting and cooking.
2. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
(a) A proctor.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A teacher.
3. Who meets David and Steerforth in London?
(d) Miss Betsey.
4. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That Emily has run away with another man.
(b) That he is not in love with Emily.
(c) That he is interested in men.
(d) That Emily is pregnant.
5. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
(a) Steerforth and Littimer.
(b) Miss Betsey and Mr. Dick.
(c) Mrs. Steerforth and Rosa Dartle.
(d) Traddles and Sophie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
2. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
3. How does Dora's father find out about the relationship between David and Dora?
4. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
5. When is Peggotty fired?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)