|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That Emily has run away with another man.
(b) That Emily is pregnant.
(c) That he is interested in men.
(d) That he is not in love with Emily.
2. Why does Dora faint?
(a) David tells her that he is going to marry someone else.
(b) She is sick.
(c) David asks her about budgeting and cooking.
(d) Mr. Spenlow catches David and Dora together.
3. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(b) Mr. Creakle.
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
(d) Mr. Barkis.
4. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
5. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) A glass broke.
(b) A ghost.
(c) She thinks she is pregnant.
(d) The appearance of a strange man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
2. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
3. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
4. Who does David have tea with?
5. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)