|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
(a) They do not leave Plymouth.
(b) Because Mrs. Micawber's family is unable to provide financial assistance.
(c) Because they get kicked out of their house.
(d) Because they cannot stop fighting with each other.
2. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That he is interested in men.
(b) That Emily has run away with another man.
(c) That Emily is pregnant.
(d) That he is not in love with Emily.
3. Why does Dora faint?
(a) David asks her about budgeting and cooking.
(b) She is sick.
(c) Mr. Spenlow catches David and Dora together.
(d) David tells her that he is going to marry someone else.
4. When is Peggotty fired?
(a) After Mr. Murdstone marries David's mother.
(c) After David's mother's funeral.
(d) After David's mother has another son.
5. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(c) Mr. Barkis.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
2. Who does David have a crush on in Yarmouth?
3. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
4. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
5. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)