|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dora's father find out about the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) Dora tells him.
(b) Through Miss Murdstone's snooping.
(c) David tells him.
(d) He intercepts a letter between David and Dora.
2. What does Mrs. Steerforth state when David, Peggotty, and Mr. Peggotty visit her?
(a) She blames David.
(b) She disowns her son for his licentious behavior.
(c) She has no pity for Mr. Peggotty; her son will never marry Emily, and she will never speak to Steerforth again until he renounces Emily.
(d) She hopes they find Emily.
3. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
(a) Allow Dora to marry someone else.
(b) Give up on Dora.
(c) Work harder.
(d) Move to Australia.
4. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) With the Wickfields.
(b) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
(c) With Steerforth.
(d) In a hotel.
5. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
(a) A proctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
2. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
3. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
4. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
5. Why does Dora faint?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)