|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
(a) She tells him that she loves him.
(b) She is angry and convinces him to go home.
(c) She slaps him and refuses to speak to him.
(d) She cries herself to sleep.
2. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) With Steerforth.
(c) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
(d) With the Wickfields.
3. Why does Dora faint?
(a) David tells her that he is going to marry someone else.
(b) Mr. Spenlow catches David and Dora together.
(c) David asks her about budgeting and cooking.
(d) She is sick.
4. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
(a) Miss Betsey and Mr. Dick.
(b) Steerforth and Littimer.
(c) Traddles and Sophie.
(d) Mrs. Steerforth and Rosa Dartle.
5. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
(a) She cries to David about it.
(b) She slaps the man.
(c) She returns agitated, with most of the money in her purse gone.
(d) She does not talk to a man on the street who obviously disturbs her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David do in school?
2. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
3. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
4. When is Peggotty fired?
5. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)