|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
(a) She breaks off their engagement.
(b) She begs David never to mention poverty or hard work to her again.
(c) She tells him that she is marrying someone else.
(d) She tells him that she loves him too much for financial matters to concern her.
2. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
(a) Mr. Wickfield's law office.
(b) Debtor's Prison.
(c) A post office.
(d) A counting house in London.
3. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
(a) That Emily was pregnant.
(b) That Littimer planned to kidnap Emily.
(c) That Steerforth wanted to marry Emily.
(d) That David was courting Emily.
4. When is Peggotty fired?
(b) After David's mother's funeral.
(c) After Mr. Murdstone marries David's mother.
(d) After David's mother has another son.
5. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) With the Wickfields.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
(d) With Steerforth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
2. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
3. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
4. Who does David have tea with?
5. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)