|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Betsey suggest that David become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A proctor.
2. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
(a) That Littimer planned to kidnap Emily.
(b) That Emily was pregnant.
(c) That Steerforth wanted to marry Emily.
(d) That David was courting Emily.
3. Who does David have tea with?
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Uriah Heep and Heep's mother.
4. How does David do in school?
(a) David is expelled from school.
(b) David does well in school.
(c) David drops out of school.
(d) David does poorly in school.
5. Why do the Micawbers have to leave Plymouth?
(a) Because they get kicked out of their house.
(b) They do not leave Plymouth.
(c) Because they cannot stop fighting with each other.
(d) Because Mrs. Micawber's family is unable to provide financial assistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
2. Who helps execute Barkis' will?
3. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
4. Who meets David and Steerforth in London?
5. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)