|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Peggotty fired?
(a) After David's mother's funeral.
(b) After Mr. Murdstone marries David's mother.
(d) After David's mother has another son.
2. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
(a) That Emily is pregnant.
(b) That he is interested in men.
(c) That Emily has run away with another man.
(d) That he is not in love with Emily.
3. What does Emily's uncle, Mr. Peggotty, decide to do when Emily runs away?
(a) Move to Australia.
(b) Get married.
(c) Go to London with David to try to find Emily.
(d) Forget about Emily.
4. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(b) Miss Betsey.
(c) Mr. Creakle.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
5. Where does Mr. Murdstone arrange for David to work?
(a) Debtor's Prison.
(b) A counting house in London.
(c) Mr. Wickfield's law office.
(d) A post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David do in school?
2. Who does David serve as apprentice under by Miss Betsey's arrangement?
3. Why does Dora stop communicating with David in Chapter 38?
4. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
5. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)