|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37 | Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dora's father react to the relationship between David and Dora?
(a) Dies of shock.
(b) Announces his intentions to marry Miss Murdstone.
(c) Demands David break off the relationship immediately.
(d) Congratulates them.
2. Who does David discuss his romantic problems with?
(a) Miss Betsey.
(d) Mr. Dick.
3. When Mr. Dick visits David at school, what does he tell David has frightened Miss Betsey?
(a) The appearance of a strange man.
(b) She thinks she is pregnant.
(c) A glass broke.
(d) A ghost.
4. Who visits David at his new lodgings after he obtains his apprenticeship?
5. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
(a) She breaks off their engagement.
(b) She tells him that she is marrying someone else.
(c) She begs David never to mention poverty or hard work to her again.
(d) She tells him that she loves him too much for financial matters to concern her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
2. When is Peggotty fired?
3. How does Agnes react to seeing David drunk?
4. What does David decide to do in order to make sure Dora gets the life she requires?
5. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)