|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
(a) To execute Barkis' will and settle Peggotty's finances.
(b) To sue Steerforth for running away with Emily.
(c) To arrange his marriage to Dora.
(d) To find an adoptive family for Emily's illegitimate baby.
2. What does David try to do after finishing school?
(a) Buy a house.
(b) Find a suitable career.
(c) Find a wife.
(d) Have a child.
3. Whose birthday party is David invited to?
(d) Mr. Murdstone's.
4. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
(a) They decide to murder Mr. Spenlow.
(b) They elope.
(c) They get into an argument and decide never to speak to one another again.
(d) They establish a secret courtship, and he buys her an engagement ring.
5. What is Mr. Murdstone doing when David runs into him in the midst of making his legal rounds?
(a) Crying over the way he treated David's mother.
(b) Applying for a marriage license.
(c) Drinking heavily.
(d) Searching for his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 50, who summons David and takes him to a rooming house in London?
2. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
3. Who does Mr. Micawber blame for many of his troubles in Chapter 49?
4. Who writes to David to request a secret meeting?
5. Who does Miss Dartle confront in Chapter 50?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)