|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miss Betsey suggest that David visit after he finishes school?
(c) Mr. Murdstone.
2. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
(a) To find an adoptive family for Emily's illegitimate baby.
(b) To sue Steerforth for running away with Emily.
(c) To execute Barkis' will and settle Peggotty's finances.
(d) To arrange his marriage to Dora.
3. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
(a) They decide to murder Mr. Spenlow.
(b) They establish a secret courtship, and he buys her an engagement ring.
(c) They elope.
(d) They get into an argument and decide never to speak to one another again.
4. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
(a) That Dora is going to become a nun.
(b) That Dora is getting married to Steerforth.
(c) That Dora is going to visit her in London and he is welcome to visit as well.
(d) That David has no chance with Dora so he should just leave her alone.
5. In Chapter 50, who summons David and takes him to a rooming house in London?
(c) Rosa Dartle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Micawber blame for many of his troubles in Chapter 49?
2. What is Mr. Murdstone doing when David runs into him in the midst of making his legal rounds?
3. Where will this secret meeting occur?
4. What does Agnes confess to being worried about before David leaves Canterbury?
5. When Miss Betsey visits David in Chapter 34, what does she tell him?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)