|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
(a) She thinks he is spoiled.
(b) She thinks he is smart but misbehaves.
(c) She believes that everything he does is wonderful.
(d) She hates him.
2. Who writes to David to request a secret meeting?
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
(d) Uriah Heep.
3. What is Mr. Murdstone doing when David runs into him in the midst of making his legal rounds?
(a) Crying over the way he treated David's mother.
(b) Drinking heavily.
(c) Searching for his sister.
(d) Applying for a marriage license.
4. What does David try to do after finishing school?
(a) Buy a house.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Find a suitable career.
(d) Find a wife.
5. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
(a) To sue Steerforth for running away with Emily.
(b) To find an adoptive family for Emily's illegitimate baby.
(c) To execute Barkis' will and settle Peggotty's finances.
(d) To arrange his marriage to Dora.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives a letter from Mrs. Micawber detailing Mr. Micawber's violent and secretive behavior?
2. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
3. Who does David re-encounter when he arrives in London?
4. Where will this secret meeting occur?
5. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)