|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
(a) To arrange his marriage to Dora.
(b) To execute Barkis' will and settle Peggotty's finances.
(c) To find an adoptive family for Emily's illegitimate baby.
(d) To sue Steerforth for running away with Emily.
2. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
(a) They elope.
(b) They get into an argument and decide never to speak to one another again.
(c) They decide to murder Mr. Spenlow.
(d) They establish a secret courtship, and he buys her an engagement ring.
3. Why does Steerforth want to accompany David to Yarmouth?
(a) Because he wants to marry Emily.
(b) Because it will be funny to see poor people in their natural environment.
(c) Because he wants to be with David as much as possible.
(d) Because he needs to get away from his mother.
4. Who does Miss Dartle confront in Chapter 50?
(a) Dr. Strong.
(b) Mrs. Micawber.
5. Who writes to David to request a secret meeting?
(b) Uriah Heep.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
(d) Mr. Micawber.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Steerforth feel about her son?
2. Who receives a letter from Mrs. Micawber detailing Mr. Micawber's violent and secretive behavior?
3. What does Agnes confess to being worried about before David leaves Canterbury?
4. Who does David re-encounter when he arrives in London?
5. What is Mr. Murdstone doing when David runs into him in the midst of making his legal rounds?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)