|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David make legal rounds in Chapter 33?
(a) To arrange his marriage to Dora.
(b) To sue Steerforth for running away with Emily.
(c) To find an adoptive family for Emily's illegitimate baby.
(d) To execute Barkis' will and settle Peggotty's finances.
2. Who writes to David to request a secret meeting?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
3. Who does Mr. Micawber blame for many of his troubles in Chapter 49?
(a) Uriah Heep.
(b) Mrs. Micawber.
(c) Mr. Wickfield.
4. What does Agnes confess to being worried about before David leaves Canterbury?
(a) Her job and her boyfriend.
(b) Her dog and her cat.
(c) Her father's drinking problem and Uriah Heep's influence.
(d) Her hair is falling out.
5. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
(a) That David has no chance with Dora so he should just leave her alone.
(b) That Dora is going to visit her in London and he is welcome to visit as well.
(c) That Dora is going to become a nun.
(d) That Dora is getting married to Steerforth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Betsey suggest that David visit after he finishes school?
2. Why does Steerforth want to accompany David to Yarmouth?
3. What does David try to do after finishing school?
4. What happens between David and Dora in Chapter 32?
5. What is Mr. Murdstone doing when David runs into him in the midst of making his legal rounds?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)