Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3
1. How long after his father's death is David born?
(a) Four months.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
2. What about David's birth offends his great aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood?
(a) David cries when Miss Betsey holds him.
(b) The fact that he is not a girl.
(c) The fact that he is ugly.
(d) His mother asks Miss Betsey to leave.
3. Who begins to court David's mother?
(a) Mr. Creakle.
(b) Mr. Micawber.
(c) Mr. Copperfield.
(d) Mr. Murdstone.
4. What does Peggotty object to?
(a) David going to school.
(b) Mr. Murdstone courting David's mother.
(c) Working late.
(d) Miss Betsey moving in.
5. Why does David go to Yarmouth?
(a) To go to school.
(b) To visit Peggotty's family.
(c) To visit his aunt.
(d) To find a wife.
6. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
(a) His aunt dies.
(b) His mother marries Mr. Murdstone.
(c) His mother has a baby.
(d) He gets sick.
Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
7. What kind of stepfather is Mr. Murdstone?
This section contains 4,758 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)