Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3
• David's father dies six months before David is born at his family home, "The Rookery", in the presence of Peggotty and his mother.
• David's aunt is present for his birth but leaves after realizing he is not a girl.
• A conflict ensues between David's mother and Peggotty when Clara begins to date Mr. Murdstone, who treats David poorly.
• Peggotty recommends that she and David take a trip to Yarmouth and David's mother agrees.
• David is introduced to Peggotty's family: Mr. Peggotty, Mrs. Gummidge, Emily, and Ham who live in a boat that has been converted into a house.
• David returns home to learn that his mother has married Mr. Murdstone and his life has been drastically altered.
Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
• David's mother is offended by David's negative feelings toward Mr. Murdstone, who is a very strict and cruel stepfather.
• Mr. Murdstone's sister moves in and...
This section contains 3,689 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)