|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which Chilean city do Jeremy and Rose live?
(c) Vina del Mar.
2. What is the name of the ship that Eliza boards?
3. What is the name of the woman who works for Jeremy and Rose?
(a) Mama Javiera.
(b) Mama Fresia.
(c) Mama Catalina.
(d) Mama Lucia.
4. What does Joaquin steal to sell in order to make money for his journey?
5. How many siblings does Tao Chi'en have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose ask two maids to do for Eliza?
2. How old is Eliza in "Suitors"?
3. Who becomes friends with Joaquin at the beginning of "A Ruined Reputation"?
4. How does Tao Chi'en know John?
5. What is Joaquin's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the roles of John, Jeremy, and Rose within the household.
2. How does Rose's view for Eliza differ from Jeremy's?
3. Describe some of Joaquin's views on a perfect society.
4. Why does Eliza feel comfortable in California?
5. Why does Tao Chi'en decide to help Eliza get on the boat to California?
6. In what manner does Rose raise Eliza?
7. What new reason is revealed in "Miss Rose" for why Rose is not interested in marriage?
8. How does James feel about falling in love with a loose woman like Esther?
9. Why do Rose and John keep Eliza's parentage a secret from Jeremy?
10. How does Rose feel about Eliza spending a lot of time in the kitchen?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)