|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Karl have?
2. Who assigns the chaplain to go to Chile?
(a) The British Navy.
(b) The Chilean government.
(c) The Bank of London.
(d) The Catholic Church.
3. Where is Rose when she is unexpectedly kissed?
(b) Her bedroom.
(d) Sewing room.
4. Who is responsible for separating Rose and Karl?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
5. Who does Jacob fall in love with?
(a) Mama Fresia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Eliza give to John for her being ill?
2. What does Tao Chi'en give to Eliza to help her hide her identity?
3. What long lost city might have been found?
4. On what condition will Rose take Eliza to England?
5. When Joaquin's mother asks him where he's been, how does he respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob do to become a celebrity?
2. Why does Rose's anger about Eliza's disappearance subside when she goes to talk with Joaquin's mother?
3. What methods does Mama Fresia use to try to cure Eliza of being lovesick?
4. Describe Jacob Todd's living situation as he settles into Chile.
5. How does Rose begin to behave after she realizes her daughter has run away?
6. Describe the roles of Tao Chi'en and each of his siblings in the family.
7. Do you think Jeremy does the right thing in interfering with Rose's love life?
8. Describe Joaquin's childhood.
9. What does Rose Sommers think about Joaquin at first, and then upon a second look?
10. Why does Tao Chi'en decide to help Eliza get on the boat to California?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)