|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues Eliza from being accosted?
(b) Tao Chi'en.
2. Who says: "Times have changed. Once a stain on a woman's honor could be washed away only with blood"?
(a) Jacob .
3. When do Eliza and Joaquin kiss for the first time?
(a) On their second meeting.
(b) On their first meeting.
(c) On their fifth meeting.
(d) On their fourth meeting.
4. How old is Tao Chi'en when he gets separated from his family?
5. What illness is going around Chile when Rose and Jeremy arrive there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who old is Karl when he first experiences love?
2. Where is Rose when she is unexpectedly kissed?
3. What season is it when "The News" starts?
4. Who is determined that Eliza will enroll in Madame Colbert's school?
5. Where has gold been discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Rose and John keep Eliza's parentage a secret from Jeremy?
2. Why does Eliza go by the name Elias Andieta?
3. Describe Jacob Todd's living situation as he settles into Chile.
4. Does Tao Chi'en enjoy his work on the boat? Why or why not?
5. Describe Joaquin's childhood.
6. Describe the kind of wife Tao Chi'en is looking for.
7. Why is Tao Chi'en particularly interested in helping young sex slaves?
8. How does John convince Jacob to go back to England with him?
9. How does James feel about falling in love with a loose woman like Esther?
10. Why does Eliza begin to doubt that Joaquin Murieta was her lover, Joaquin?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)