|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings does Tao Chi'en have?
2. Who continues to visit Jacob after his public shame?
(b) His former landlord.
3. How old is Tao Chi'en's sister when she dies?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Two years old.
(c) One month old.
(d) One year old.
4. Tao Chi'en goes to work for whom?
(a) A sea captain.
(b) An emperor.
(c) A madam.
(d) A physician.
5. Why does Jacob decide to help Paulina?
(a) She pays him.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) Her happy nature reminds him of Rose.
(d) She threatens to tell his secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date when Joaquin leaves for his journey?
2. Who says: "Eliza is not exactly a beauty"?
3. Where is Karl from?
4. How does Eliza board the ship?
5. What is the name of the ship that Eliza boards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lin's ghost tell Tao Chi'en when she visits him in "Joaquin"?
2. Why is Tao Chi'en particularly interested in helping young sex slaves?
3. Do you think Eliza truly feels like she is part of the Sommers family?
4. Why does Michael storm out of the Sommers' home never to return?
5. How does Eliza come to understand what Joaquin meant when he talked about freedom?
6. Describe the roles of Tao Chi'en and each of his siblings in the family.
7. Why is Tao Chi'en treated decently by his first owner?
8. What items does Eliza take with her to California?
9. Describe some of Joaquin's views on a perfect society.
10. When the zhong yi dies, why does Tao Chi'en want to get away from China?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)