|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bishop request when asking Paulina's father to work out an agreement for his daughter's wedding?
(a) Hot chocolate.
(d) A cigar.
2. Where is Karl from?
3. Who says: "The wise man is always joyful"?
(a) Tao Chi'en.
(b) The sage.
(c) Tao Chi'en's father.
(d) Tao Chi'en's mother.
4. Why does Eliza choose Wednesday to meet Joaquin?
(a) Everyone is at church.
(b) Eliza is supposed to be at a friend's house that night.
(c) Rose will be at a friend's house.
(d) Rose is hosting a dance.
5. What is the name of the place where Jacob goes to have a drink?
(a) Barra de la Chile.
(b) Pub de la Union.
(c) Club de la Chile.
(d) Club de la Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Eliza and Mama Fresia to administer healing methods?
2. What reason does Eliza give to John for her being ill?
3. In which Chilean city do Jeremy and Rose live?
4. Who says, "You have the eyes of a bitch in heat"?
5. What is the name of the woman who works for Jeremy and Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joaquin respond when he is offered gifts or payments?
2. Why is Tao Chi'en treated decently by his first owner?
3. What does Jacob Todd think of Rose when he first meets her?
4. Describe Michael's appearance.
5. What new reason is revealed in "Miss Rose" for why Rose is not interested in marriage?
6. In what way is Rose's father more similar to her than to his sons?
7. Does Tao Chi'en enjoy his work on the boat? Why or why not?
8. Why has Rose never been married?
9. What does Jacob do to become a celebrity?
10. Overall, how are women fairing in California?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)