|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tao Chi'en give to Eliza to help her hide her identity?
(a) A blond wig.
(b) Men's clothes.
(c) A large tarp.
(d) A wedding ring.
2. What year is it when Jacob comes to Chile?
3. What is the name of the man that Rose introduces to her daughter?
(a) Michael Stuart.
(b) Michael Steward.
(c) Stuart Michaels.
(d) Matthew Stewart.
4. What does Joaquin want to change?
(a) The way women are treated in society.
(b) He wants Chile to gain independence.
(c) He wants all the English people to leave Chile.
(d) The conditions of working men.
5. What is the name of the woman who works for Jeremy and Rose?
(a) Mama Javiera.
(b) Mama Catalina.
(c) Mama Lucia.
(d) Mama Fresia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tao Chi'en get separated from his family?
2. How long have Eliza and Joaquin been lovers when she notices him drifting from her?
3. What illness does Tao's master have?
4. Where does Jacob get money while in Chile?
5. What illness is going around Chile when Rose and Jeremy arrive there?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rose's view for Eliza differ from Jeremy's?
2. What new reason is revealed in "Miss Rose" for why Rose is not interested in marriage?
3. Describe Eliza's appearance as a baby and when she gets older.
4. Do Eliza and Joaquin logically make a good pair?
5. Describe Jacob Todd's living situation as he settles into Chile.
6. Overall, how are women fairing in California?
7. Why do you think Rose is set on Eliza finding a husband even though she has never wanted that life for herself?
8. What does Rose Sommers think about Joaquin at first, and then upon a second look?
9. In what manner does Rose raise Eliza?
10. How does Mama Fresia find out that Eliza is seeing Joaquin?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)