|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "You have the eyes of a bitch in heat"?
(a) Tao Chi'en.
(b) Mama Fresia.
2. How does Tao Chi'en's sister die?
(a) She cuts herself badly with a knife.
(b) She drowns in the bath.
(c) She is murdered by debt collectors.
(d) She pulls a pot of boiling water on herself.
3. How many children does Karl have?
4. Who sends Eliza and Mama Fresia to administer healing methods?
5. What does Eliza learn from the woman who works for Jeremy and Rose?
(a) Culinary skills.
(b) Farming skills.
(c) Sewing skills.
(d) Cleaning skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliza promise to give Tao Chi'en?
2. In which Chilean city do Jeremy and Rose live?
3. Who asks: "Do you think anyone does anything free in this world, niña?"
4. Where is Joaquin supposed to meet Eliza in secret for the first time?
5. What is the name of the man that Rose introduces to her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eliza and Tao Chi'en's relationship in "The Argonauts."
2. Why does Eliza go by the name Elias Andieta?
3. What methods does Mama Fresia use to try to cure Eliza of being lovesick?
4. Do you think Jeremy does the right thing in interfering with Rose's love life?
5. What items does Eliza take with her to California?
6. Why do the townspeople come to Joe's aid when her barn burns down?
7. Do Eliza and Joaquin logically make a good pair?
8. What advice does Feliciano give the people from the boat about life in the new country?
9. Does Tao Chi'en enjoy his work on the boat? Why or why not?
10. Describe Eliza's appearance as a baby and when she gets older.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)