|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assigns the chaplain to go to Chile?
(a) The Chilean government.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Bank of London.
(d) The British Navy.
2. Tao Chi'en goes to work for whom?
(a) A physician.
(b) An emperor.
(c) A madam.
(d) A sea captain.
3. Where does Eliza leave a letter for Rose?
(a) The frame of her mirror.
(b) Her shoe.
(c) Her coat pocket.
(d) Her jewelry box.
4. What is the name of the ship that Eliza boards?
5. Where is Karl from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Jacob's hair?
2. In what room do Eliza and Joaquin first make love?
3. How often does Rose take the items from Eliza's dowry out to protect them from humidity and moths?
4. Who visits a witch and asks for advice?
5. Who says: "The wise man is always joyful"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tao Chi'en particularly interested in helping young sex slaves?
2. How does Rose's view for Eliza differ from Jeremy's?
3. Do Eliza and Joaquin logically make a good pair?
4. Why has Rose never been married?
5. Why does the ghost of Lin tell Tao Chi'en that he has to help Eliza when she becomes ill on the boat?
6. Why does Eliza begin to doubt that Joaquin Murieta was her lover, Joaquin?
7. What is Eliza's reputation like at the brothel?
8. Why don't Rose Sommers and Mama Fresia try to stop Eliza from delivering her letter to Joaquin?
9. Why do Rose and John keep Eliza's parentage a secret from Jeremy?
10. What new reason is revealed in "Miss Rose" for why Rose is not interested in marriage?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)