|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Rose take the items from Eliza's dowry out to protect them from humidity and moths?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Every other week.
(c) Every three months.
(d) Twice a year.
2. What year is it when Rose and Jeremy arrive in Chile?
3. In what room do Eliza and Joaquin first make love?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The library.
(d) The storage room.
4. Where does Jacob get money while in Chile?
(a) Acquaintances have set up bank accounts for him.
(b) He becomes romantically involved with a wealthy woman.
(c) He takes a job with Jeremy.
(d) He picks pockets.
5. Who asks: "Do you think anyone does anything free in this world, niña?"
(a) Tao Chi'en.
(c) Mama Fresia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Joaquin in "Love"?
2. What color is Jacob's hair?
3. Who sends Eliza and Mama Fresia to administer healing methods?
4. What is the name of the man Paulina loves?
5. Where does John's ship sail before going to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eliza come to understand what Joaquin meant when he talked about freedom?
2. How does Rose begin to behave after she realizes her daughter has run away?
3. Why does Agustin eventually allow Paulina to have a public wedding?
4. How does Rose feel about Eliza spending a lot of time in the kitchen?
5. How does James feel about falling in love with a loose woman like Esther?
6. Why does Feliciano think it is pointless for Paulina to have a bank account in her name?
7. How does Rose behave when she finds out she is not pregnant?
8. What does Jacob do to become a celebrity?
9. Describe some of Joaquin's views on a perfect society.
10. Does Joaquin feel bad about stealing from the importing company?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)