|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeremy's job?
(a) He owns a restaurant.
(b) A reporter.
(c) An importer.
(d) A locksmith.
2. What does Tao Chi'en give to Eliza to help her hide her identity?
(a) Men's clothes.
(b) A large tarp.
(c) A wedding ring.
(d) A blond wig.
3. What does the bishop request when asking Paulina's father to work out an agreement for his daughter's wedding?
(b) A cigar.
(d) Hot chocolate.
4. Where does John's ship sail before going to England?
(a) The United States.
(b) Hong Kong.
5. When Eliza is a baby, Rose assumes her nationality is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Joaquin in "Love"?
2. Where is Tao Chi'en sold after ten years of slavery?
3. Who old is Karl when he first experiences love?
4. Where is Rose when she is unexpectedly kissed?
5. Who is determined that Eliza will enroll in Madame Colbert's school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Eliza and Joaquin logically make a good pair?
2. Describe Eliza's appearance as a baby and when she gets older.
3. Do you think Jeremy does the right thing in interfering with Rose's love life?
4. What advice does Feliciano give the people from the boat about life in the new country?
5. Describe Michael's appearance.
6. When the zhong yi dies, why does Tao Chi'en want to get away from China?
7. How does Rose begin to behave after she realizes her daughter has run away?
8. Why does the ghost of Lin tell Tao Chi'en that he has to help Eliza when she becomes ill on the boat?
9. How does Eliza feel about the abortion that Mama Fresia wants to perform?
10. Why does Paulina want John to be the captain of her steamship?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)