|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jacob fall in love with?
(d) Mama Fresia.
2. How old is Joaquin in "Love"?
3. What does Jacob's new landlord's wife make and sell?
4. Where does Eliza leave a letter for Rose?
(a) The frame of her mirror.
(b) Her jewelry box.
(c) Her coat pocket.
(d) Her shoe.
5. Who says: "I am deranged. I do not know what is happening to me, never have I, never shall I, love anyone as I do you"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eliza's last name?
2. Tao Chi'en comes from a family of what?
3. How old is Tao Chi'en's sister when she dies?
4. Where does Eliza first see Joaquin?
5. How does Tao Chi'en's sister die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rose behave when she finds out she is not pregnant?
2. How does Rose begin to behave after she realizes her daughter has run away?
3. What items does Eliza take with her to California?
4. Describe the roles of Tao Chi'en and each of his siblings in the family.
5. Do you think Jeremy does the right thing in interfering with Rose's love life?
6. Explain the roles of John, Jeremy, and Rose within the household.
7. Why does Agustin eventually allow Paulina to have a public wedding?
8. Why does Eliza feel comfortable in California?
9. Do Eliza and Joaquin logically make a good pair?
10. Why is Tao Chi'en particularly interested in helping young sex slaves?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)