|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob change his last name to?
2. Who bumps into Jacob during dinner?
(b) Tao Chi'en.
3. How long is Eliza on the boat?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four months.
(c) One month.
(d) Two months.
4. When Eliza is asking about Joaquin, she tells people he is her what?
5. What name does Eliza go by as a boy?
6. What is the last name of the Joaquin that Eliza hears about?
7. What does James do for a living?
8. Who does Tao Chi'en get to help Eliza?
(a) Another stow away.
(b) Another cook.
(c) A physician.
(d) A prostitute.
9. Why must Eliza admit to Tao Chi'en that she is pregnant?
(a) She is bleeding.
(b) She feels bad for lying.
(c) He notices how much bigger she looks.
(d) She goes into labor.
10. On what day does Rose always become ill?
(a) On Eliza's birthday.
(b) On the first day of spring.
(c) On Christmas Day.
(d) On the anniversary of the day Eliza left.
11. What religion does James follow?
12. Where is Babalu from?
(b) New York.
(d) St. Louis.
13. How much is the reward for the head of Joaquin?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
14. How does Tao find out that Joaquin has been killed?
(a) He receives a letter from Jacob.
(b) Eliza tells him.
(c) He reads it in the newspaper.
(d) He overhears a crowd talking about it.
15. How do the people in the brothel survive the winter?
(a) They merge with another brothel.
(b) Eliza heals their illnesses.
(c) They rent a barn to live in.
(d) They get another wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. During a two year period working with Tao Chi'en, how many times does Eliza leave to look for Joaquin?
2. What illness is sweeping the town where the brothel resides for the winter?
3. What is Eliza's plan if she doesn't find Joaquin?
4. How long does Jacob look for Joaquin?
5. What item reveals Eliza's parentage?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)