|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jacob's profession?
2. What color is the scarf Tao Chi'en's wife is wearing when she meets him?
3. How much is Tao Chi'en paid after diagnosing the dead girl?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Tweny dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
4. What illness is sweeping the town where the brothel resides for the winter?
(a) Yellow fever.
(d) Typhoid fever.
5. How does Tao Chi'en make money?
(a) Removing bullets and stitching knife wounds.
(b) Working as a miner.
(c) Offering Eliza as a prostitute.
(d) Preparing and selling medicines.
6. Where does Tao Chi'en go to start a new life?
(d) Hong Kong.
7. Who is revealed to be Eliza's biological parent?
(a) Mama Fresia.
8. How much time goes by before Rose realizes Eliza is missing?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) An hour.
(d) A day.
9. What is the name of the doctor that Tao Chi'en befriends?
10. Where in California does Eliza's boat dock?
(a) Santa Maria.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Santa Cruz.
(d) San Diego.
11. What religion does James follow?
12. How much is the reward for the head of Joaquin?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
13. What is Eliza's plan if she doesn't find Joaquin?
(a) To move back to Chile.
(b) To continue traveling with the brothel.
(c) To open a restaurant in California.
(d) To go to China with Tao Chi'en.
14. What is the first thing Tao Chi'en needs to do to establish himself?
(a) Have a son.
(b) Set up a shop.
(d) Find his parents.
15. What is the name of the women Tao Chi'en falls in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is no effort made to revive Tao Chi'en's dead baby?
2. How long is Eliza on the boat?
3. What does James do for a living?
4. Why is it impossible that Eliza left with Joaquin?
5. When Tao Chi'en and Eliza arrive in California, what does he suggest she look for?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)