|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eliza's role when she joins the traveling brothel?
(a) Piano player.
2. What year is it when "Joaquin" begins?
3. During a two year period working with Tao Chi'en, how many times does Eliza leave to look for Joaquin?
4. What does Lin's ghost tell Tao Chi'en?
(a) To kill Eliza.
(b) To keep Eliza healthy.
(c) To make sure Eliza's baby is healthy.
(d) To forget Eliza and worry about himself.
5. What does James do for a living?
6. What is the name of the ship Paulina owns?
7. What is Jacob's profession?
8. Where does Tao Chi'en go to start a new life?
(a) Hong Kong.
9. What does Tao Chi'en determine that a young prostitute died of?
(b) Knife wound.
10. Who bumps into Jacob during dinner?
(a) Tao Chi'en.
11. How does Tao find out that Joaquin has been killed?
(a) Eliza tells him.
(b) He overhears a crowd talking about it.
(c) He receives a letter from Jacob.
(d) He reads it in the newspaper.
12. What is the name of the women Tao Chi'en falls in love with?
13. How much is Tao Chi'en paid after diagnosing the dead girl?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Tweny dollars.
14. What color is the scarf Tao Chi'en's wife is wearing when she meets him?
15. Who does Tao Chi'en say Eliza is?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His sister.
(c) His assistant.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Babalu from?
2. What does Eliza sell to make money when she arrives in California?
3. Who sends word back to Rose that Eliza may still be alive?
4. Who says: "People come out west to escape the past and begin anew, but our obsessions pursue us, like the wind"?
5. When Lin's ghost appears to Tao Chi'en, what is she wearing?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)