|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Eliza in "Suitors"?
2. When does Jacob become very ill?
(a) After his third week in Chile.
(b) After his first night in Chile.
(c) After two years in Chile.
(d) As soon as he arrives in Chile.
3. How long have Eliza and Joaquin been lovers when she notices him drifting from her?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Nine months.
(c) A year.
(d) Three months.
4. On what condition will Rose take Eliza to England?
(a) If Eliza becomes a great piano player.
(b) If Eliza asks to go to school there.
(c) If Eliza becomes pregnant.
(d) If Eliza doesn't find a husband.
5. Why do people in Chile think Jacob comes there?
(a) To buy land.
(b) For vacation.
(c) For missionary work.
(d) To look for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rose immediately sent when she and Karl are separated?
2. Who rescues Eliza from being accosted?
3. What does the bishop request when asking Paulina's father to work out an agreement for his daughter's wedding?
4. How often do Eliza and Joaquin meet?
5. What does Rose ask two maids to do for Eliza?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)