|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drugs does Styron's doctor give him that are NOT recommended for people with depression?
(a) Penicillin and Halcion.
(b) Halcion and Ativan.
(c) Halcion and Ibuprofen.
(d) Prozac and Ativan.
2. What does Styron say would cause many depression-related suicides?
(a) Lack of awareness by others about the intensity of the pain.
(b) Lack of psychiatric treatment protocols.
(c) Lack of moral strength by the depressed person.
(d) Lack of medicines to treat depression.
3. How does Styron feel about his Connecticut farmhouse?
(a) He loves spending time there.
(b) He thinks it needed lots of work.
(c) It feels ominous to him.
(d) He hates the house, preferring Martha's Vineyard.
4. Who is Styron's literary guide?
(a) Albert Camus.
(b) Romain Gary.
(c) Abbie Hoffman.
(d) Cino del Duca.
5. What two people does Styron think of while leaving Paris?
(a) His father and brother.
(b) His son and brother.
(c) Albert Camus and Romain Gary.
(d) Job and Milton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Styron's medicine is changed?
2. What does Styron think of these two people, who were close literary friends?
3. What is the old term for depression?
4. What three brand-name items does Styron use to destroy his diary?
5. What clues does Gary reveal that Styron later learns was probably signs of deep depression?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)