|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does Styron have to group therapy?
(a) He doesn't participate.
(b) It makes him seeth but gives him a way to pass the time.
(c) It is the major source of his healing.
(d) He has no reaction to it, and just endures it.
2. Why is Styron so sad about Hoffman's suicide?
(a) He was such a good writer.
(b) He was not really depressed, so why did he commit suicide?
(c) He was so valuable to mankind.
(d) He was so young and vital.
3. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
4. What reaction does Styron have to a flock of Canadian geese?
(a) They temporarily restore his good feelings.
(b) He tries to shoot them.
(c) He thinks they are graceful.
(d) He is frozen in anxiety at the sight of them.
5. What does Styron say depression is like?
(a) A sadness.
(b) Drowning or suffocation.
(c) Makes him angry at everyone.
(d) An extra sleepy mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Styron, what is the greatest fallacy about suicide?
2. What pressing question does Styron have about the course of depression?
3. What does he think about art therapy?
4. What is a probable reason that Styron's doctor or family don't suggest hospitalization for him?
5. What is the third stage of psychological development in depression?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)