|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
(a) The French bidet.
(b) The restaurant he went to after getting his award.
(c) His memoir.
(d) Paris museums.
2. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
(a) He had tried to convince Camus to get help.
(b) That Gary saw the same depression in himself, though it was controlled.
(c) He knew Camus was going to commit suicide and did nothing about it.
(d) He didn't believe Camus really suffered from depression.
3. Styron dates the onset of his deep depression to what event?
(a) His wife's leaving him.
(b) The death of several of his friends.
(c) His inability to drink alcohol.
(d) His chilren all leaving home.
4. How long does Styron have to stay in the hospital?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
5. What bothers Styron so much about not being able to meet Camus?
(a) It meant there was another suicide in his circle of friends.
(b) It meant he had to go to his luncheon with Lady del Duco.
(c) Because it meant he barely missed getting to meet the man whose writing he so admired.
(d) It meant Camus couldn't hear about winning the award.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Styron feel about his Connecticut farmhouse?
2. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
3. Who is Styron's literary guide?
4. What term does Styron use to describe his depression?
5. Why is Styron so sad about Hoffman's suicide?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)