|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third stage of psychological development in depression?
(b) Extreme fear of abandonment.
2. What percentage of artistic types who suffer from depression die from suicide?
3. What does this music make him realize?
(a) That music could restore his soul.
(b) That he couldn't leave all the pleasant memories that the house around him held.
(c) That his suicide would hurt his wife too much.
(d) That he didn't want to life any more.
4. For Styron, what is the most devastating loss of physical functions?
(a) His ability to sleep and lack of dreaming.
(b) His agility and interest in sports.
(c) His ability to stay awake during the day.
(d) His sexual drive.
5. In what way does Styron's depression come upon him?
(a) It hit him suddenly one night.
(b) He really didn't know how it happened.
(c) Slowly in increments.
(d) A slight sadness intensified rapidly over time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clues does Gary reveal that Styron later learns was probably signs of deep depression?
2. Why did Styron's publisher have to reschedule a photo session?
3. What does Styron say about alcohol's mood-altering characteristics?
4. What drugs does Styron's doctor give him that are NOT recommended for people with depression?
5. How does Styron respond to the experimental approach?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)