|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
(a) He didn't believe Camus really suffered from depression.
(b) He knew Camus was going to commit suicide and did nothing about it.
(c) He had tried to convince Camus to get help.
(d) That Gary saw the same depression in himself, though it was controlled.
2. According to Styron, who wrote about depression and seemed to really understand it?
3. How does Styron respond to the experimental approach?
(a) He demanded another drug.
(b) He immediately got better.
(c) He didn't notice anything, but was hopeful so did better.
(d) He was in mental anguish, wanting immediate relief.
4. Though Styron admits all professions are susceptible to depression, which profession is the most susceptible?
(a) Artistic types.
(d) School teacherrs.
5. What happens to Gary's ex-wife?
(a) She was killed by someone, probably Gary himself.
(b) She disappeared and was never found again.
(c) She shot herself.
(d) She took an overdose of pills and her body was found in a car after several days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a daily presence during the depth of Styron's depression?
2. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
3. What three brand-name items does Styron use to destroy his diary?
4. What drugs does Styron's doctor give him that are NOT recommended for people with depression?
5. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)