|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Styron to lose his voice in Paris?
(a) Screaming until he was hoarse.
(b) Damp weather.
(d) Severe depression and resulting lethargy.
2. What does Styron do about his physical disabilities?
(a) He undergoes several thousands of dollars of testing to find out he was physically fine.
(b) Stops work and stays at home.
(c) Welcomes the possibility that he might die from one of them.
(d) Gets scared he was going to die.
3. What does Styron call the condition of the person suffering unrelenting depression?
(a) A sure suicide.
(b) Potentially criminal people.
(c) The situation of the walking wounded.
(d) The position of being in a black fog.
4. During the dinner party, what does Styron do with his diary?
(a) He gives it to a friend to publish.
(b) He reads portions of it to his friends.
(c) He hides it from his friends and wife.
(d) He wraps it and throws it in the garbage.
5. What new approach does Styron's psychiatrist use?
(a) DSM recommendations.
(b) Pharmacological, without physical and mental support.
(c) Disattachment therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Styron agrees with what literary guide's belief?
2. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
3. What is Styron not able to recover?
4. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
5. What two substances contribute to Styron's depression?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)