|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Styron not able to recover?
(a) His lucidity.
(b) His friendships.
(c) His fame.
(d) His family.
2. How does Styron feel about his Connecticut farmhouse?
(a) He thinks it needed lots of work.
(b) He loves spending time there.
(c) It feels ominous to him.
(d) He hates the house, preferring Martha's Vineyard.
3. What does the suicide of another of Styron's friends lead him to believe?
(a) That he isn't a very good friend to others since he can't help them.
(b) That life isn't worth living.
(c) That he would soon have to face the fact that his own suicide is his only way out.
(d) That his friends must be weak.
4. During one sleepless episode, what does Styron realize about his illness?
(a) It will take his life if allowed to continue.
(b) That he needs to get a handle on it.
(c) That he is a very weak person to let it rule his life.
(d) That he is recovering.
5. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
(a) Camus gets upset at Styron for his moods.
(b) Camus leaves Paris.
(c) Camus leaves on his honeymoon.
(d) Camus dies in a car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
2. How does Camus's essay influence Stryon's philosophy of life?
3. How old was Levi when he committed his suicide?
4. What does Styron say depression is like?
5. How did Levi's friends and admirers react to his suicide?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)