|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though Styron feels alone, who is always with him?
(a) His friend, Gary.
(b) His wife, Rose.
(c) His psychiatrist.
(d) His children.
2. How did Levi commit suicide?
(a) Hurled himself down a flight of stairs.
(b) Took an overdose of pills.
(c) Stepped in front of a moving car.
(d) Hung himself.
3. What does Styron say about alcohol's mood-altering characteristics?
(a) It had no effect on his mood.
(b) It is an upper, but depressed him.
(c) It lightened his mood for a good amount of time.
(d) It is a depressant, but didn't depress him.
4. What bothers Styron about his meeting with Gary's estranged wife?
(a) Their son was caught between their differences.
(b) Gary's wife wasn't very involved with her son.
(c) That Gary was letting his estranged wife live with him.
(d) That he didn't understand her deep depression and what it meant.
5. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron say about assigning reasons for suicide to those who take that route?
2. Who is Styron's literary guide?
3. Who arranges a meeting between Albert Camus and Styron?
4. What does Gary reveal to Styron about the effect the death of his ex-wife had on him?
5. How does Styron feel about his Connecticut farmhouse?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)