|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Levi's suicide cause Styron to do?
(a) Write an op-ed piece to the NY Times on depression, discounting the shame most felt about it.
(b) Condemn Levi for his cowardice.
(c) Plan his own suicide.
(d) Denounce Levi as his friend.
2. What drugs does Styron's doctor give him that are NOT recommended for people with depression?
(a) Prozac and Ativan.
(b) Halcion and Ativan.
(c) Penicillin and Halcion.
(d) Halcion and Ibuprofen.
3. In Chapter 3, what event causes Styron to more fully explore the relationship between depression and suicide?
(a) The suicide of Abbie Hoffman.
(b) Styron sunk deeper into a depressive state.
(c) His whole family rejected him.
(d) His wife left him.
4. Why is Styron not worried about the loss?
(a) He feels he is justified in getting angry.
(b) He knows his friend will be his friend again.
(c) He knows he will be okay later.
(d) He is so depressed and lethargic that nothing matters to him.
5. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
(a) Camus gets upset at Styron for his moods.
(b) Camus leaves on his honeymoon.
(c) Camus leaves Paris.
(d) Camus dies in a car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Styron to lose his voice in Paris?
2. According to Styron, how many women have won the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award?
3. Though Styron admits all professions are susceptible to depression, which profession is the most susceptible?
4. What city is Styron in at the beginning of the memoir?
5. Why does Styron say that physical symptoms accompany depression?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)