|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the depth of his depression in Paris, what does Styron realize he would have to decide?
(a) Whether to tell his wife or not.
(b) The philosophical question of whether life is worth living or not.
(c) Whether to admit it to the press or not.
(d) What doctor to see about it.
2. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
(a) His mind.
(b) His check for $25,000.
(c) His best friend.
(d) Control of his anger.
3. What is Styron not able to recover?
(a) His lucidity.
(b) His family.
(c) His friendships.
(d) His fame.
4. What puzzles Styron about Camus's book, "The Fall"?
(a) That the lawyer/narrator would want to kill himself.
(b) It was written so brilliantly though Camus was depressed.
(c) It was a good narrative of what a depressed person experiences.
(d) The title didn't fit the story.
5. Which group of people have more incidence of depression than all others?
(a) Women suffer more than any other group of people.
(b) Rich people.
(d) Poor people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Levi's suicide cause Styron to do?
2. What city is Styron in at the beginning of the memoir?
3. What does Styron say about not returning to France?
4. Sir Walter Scott and the Brontes linked what two illnesses interchangeably?
5. What causes Styron to lose his voice in Paris?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)