|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
(a) Camus leaves Paris.
(b) Camus dies in a car accident.
(c) Camus leaves on his honeymoon.
(d) Camus gets upset at Styron for his moods.
2. According to Styron, what often leads depressed people to commit suicide?
(a) Because of moral weakness and lack of character.
(b) Because they don't love their families like other people do.
(c) Because depression is so deep they can't see any other way out.
(d) Because they don't have a very strong will to live.
3. Which group of people have more incidence of depression than all others?
(b) Women suffer more than any other group of people.
(c) Rich people.
(d) Poor people.
4. What drugs does Styron's doctor give him that are NOT recommended for people with depression?
(a) Halcion and Ativan.
(b) Penicillin and Halcion.
(c) Prozac and Ativan.
(d) Halcion and Ibuprofen.
5. What brings about Styron's flashback at the beginning of the story?
(a) Seeing the Hotel.
(b) Seeing his two friends.
(c) Winning the award.
(d) Visiting the museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What puzzles Styron about Camus's book, "The Fall"?
2. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
3. Who is Styron's literary guide?
4. What does Styron think of these two people, who were close literary friends?
5. What characteristic of depression make Styron's memoir limited in benefit?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)