|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction to the op-ed piece causes Styron to decide to write this memoir?
(a) His editor asked him to write the memoir.
(b) The number of people reacting positively causes him to think sharing his experiences would be beneficial.
(c) He learned his piece had saved someone's life, so wanted to reach out with more information.
(d) People indicated they just didn't understand depression.
2. What reaction does Styron have to a flock of Canadian geese?
(a) They temporarily restore his good feelings.
(b) He thinks they are graceful.
(c) He is frozen in anxiety at the sight of them.
(d) He tries to shoot them.
3. How long does Stryon say it will be before he returns to Paris?
(b) A year.
(c) A couple of years.
(d) A month.
4. What does Styron think after his flashback?
(a) That his life has been great.
(b) That he did have some good times in the past.
(c) That he has come full circle.
(d) That he didn't like visiting Paris.
5. What is Styron not able to recover?
(a) His friendships.
(b) His lucidity.
(c) His fame.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron realize in Paris that helps him understand what is happening to him?
2. What happens to Gary's ex-wife?
3. Why is Styron so sad about Hoffman's suicide?
4. How does Styron feel about his Connecticut farmhouse?
5. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)