|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
(a) He doesn't eat anything while he was there.
(b) He refuses to go to a luncheon in his honor.
(c) He doesn't visit anything but the museum.
(d) The bathrooms have bidets in them.
2. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
(a) He finds inspiration for another book.
(b) He begins to feel the late evening lethargy that always descends.
(c) He complains to his wife about the museum the whole time.
(d) He runs out and leaves the group he was with.
3. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
(a) Camus dies in a car accident.
(b) Camus leaves on his honeymoon.
(c) Camus leaves Paris.
(d) Camus gets upset at Styron for his moods.
4. How old was Levi when he committed his suicide?
5. According to Styron, how many women have won the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award?
(c) Only five.
(d) More women than men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts Styron's downward spiral into depression?
2. What is the award Styron receives?
3. What is the term Styron uses to better describe what is happening to a person with depression?
4. How does Camus's essay about a prisoner on death row impact Styron's writing?
5. What reaction to the op-ed piece causes Styron to decide to write this memoir?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)