|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Levi when he committed his suicide?
2. Which group of people have more incidence of depression than all others?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Poor people.
(d) Women suffer more than any other group of people.
3. What percentage of artistic types who suffer from depression die from suicide?
4. What does Styron realize in Paris that helps him understand what is happening to him?
(a) He can't talk to his wife any more.
(b) The circadian cycle gives him moments of brief respite from the deep depression, giving clarity of thought.
(c) He can't think clearly anymore.
(d) He begins to cry incessantly and realizes he is depressed.
5. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His check for $25,000.
(c) His mind.
(d) Control of his anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Styron do for Hoffman regarding a political demonstration led by Hoffman?
2. What does Levi's suicide cause Styron to do?
3. What is the award Styron receives?
4. What does the suicide of another of Styron's friends lead him to believe?
5. After Primo Levi's suicide, what causes Styron to question the common view that those who commit suicide are weak and inept?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)