|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges a meeting between Albert Camus and Styron?
(a) Romain Gary.
(b) Cino del Duco
(c) William Styron.
(d) Rose Styron.
2. In what year does Styron first realize his illness could lead to his death?
3. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
(a) The bathrooms have bidets in them.
(b) He refuses to go to a luncheon in his honor.
(c) He doesn't eat anything while he was there.
(d) He doesn't visit anything but the museum.
4. What did Styron do for Hoffman regarding a political demonstration led by Hoffman?
(a) Referred him to a psychiatrist in New York.
(b) Introduced him to Lady del Duco in hopes of winning the award in the future.
(c) He never really met Hoffman, so didn't do anything for him.
(d) Testified for him at a trial in Chicago.
5. Why would Jarrell's widow not want to admit he committed suicide?
(a) She didn't believe he committed suicide.
(b) Because of the stigma of suicide.
(c) She was cheating on him.
(d) Because she couldn't collect his life insurance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron believe about a depressed colleague's decision to ride with a reckless driver?
2. Though the death of the poet, Randall Jarrell, was ruled accidental, why does Styron say it was probably suicide?
3. What does the suicide of another of Styron's friends lead him to believe?
4. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
5. What symptoms did Jarrell suffer from that caused Styron to believe in Jarrell's suicide?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)