|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Jarrell's widow not want to admit he committed suicide?
(a) Because of the stigma of suicide.
(b) She was cheating on him.
(c) She didn't believe he committed suicide.
(d) Because she couldn't collect his life insurance.
2. In the depth of his depression in Paris, what does Styron realize he would have to decide?
(a) Whether to tell his wife or not.
(b) What doctor to see about it.
(c) The philosophical question of whether life is worth living or not.
(d) Whether to admit it to the press or not.
3. Which group of people have more incidence of depression than all others?
(a) Poor people.
(b) Rich people.
(d) Women suffer more than any other group of people.
4. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
(a) His check for $25,000.
(b) Control of his anger.
(c) His mind.
(d) His best friend.
5. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
(a) Camus gets upset at Styron for his moods.
(b) Camus leaves Paris.
(c) Camus leaves on his honeymoon.
(d) Camus dies in a car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pressing question does Styron have about the course of depression?
2. What causes Styron to lose his voice in Paris?
3. What puzzles Styron about Camus's book, "The Fall"?
4. What Camus novel has a profound impact on Styron?
5. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)