|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges a meeting between Albert Camus and Styron?
(a) Rose Styron.
(b) William Styron.
(c) Cino del Duco
(d) Romain Gary.
2. After Primo Levi's suicide, what causes Styron to question the common view that those who commit suicide are weak and inept?
(a) Levi had survived the Auschwitz and cared for his paralyzed mother.
(b) Levi worked out all the time and was very strong.
(c) Levi was involved in so many good causes.
(d) Levi was such a good writer.
3. What brings about Styron's flashback at the beginning of the story?
(a) Visiting the museum.
(b) Seeing his two friends.
(c) Winning the award.
(d) Seeing the Hotel.
4. What did Styron do for Hoffman regarding a political demonstration led by Hoffman?
(a) Referred him to a psychiatrist in New York.
(b) Introduced him to Lady del Duco in hopes of winning the award in the future.
(c) Testified for him at a trial in Chicago.
(d) He never really met Hoffman, so didn't do anything for him.
5. What does Styron think after his flashback?
(a) That he didn't like visiting Paris.
(b) That his life has been great.
(c) That he did have some good times in the past.
(d) That he has come full circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron say about not returning to France?
2. At what point in one's life does Styron say the seeds of depression are planted?
3. What does Styron say depression is like?
4. How did Levi commit suicide?
5. Where did Styron meet Hoffman?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)