|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Styron's literary guide?
(a) Abbie Hoffman.
(b) Cino del Duca.
(c) Albert Camus.
(d) Romain Gary.
2. What does Styron say depression is like?
(a) Drowning or suffocation.
(b) A sadness.
(c) An extra sleepy mood.
(d) Makes him angry at everyone.
3. According to Styron, how many women have won the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award?
(c) Only five.
(d) More women than men.
4. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
(a) His check for $25,000.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His mind.
(d) Control of his anger.
5. What bothers Styron so much about not being able to meet Camus?
(a) It meant there was another suicide in his circle of friends.
(b) Because it meant he barely missed getting to meet the man whose writing he so admired.
(c) It meant Camus couldn't hear about winning the award.
(d) It meant he had to go to his luncheon with Lady del Duco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is Styron in at the beginning of the memoir?
2. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
3. How does Camus's essay about a prisoner on death row impact Styron's writing?
4. How does Camus's essay influence Stryon's philosophy of life?
5. What is the award Styron receives?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)