|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron call the DSM?
(a) Very inaccurate guide.
(b) A good manual.
(c) A guide to treatment.
(d) The psychiatrist's bible.
2. Who is Styron's literary guide?
(a) Romain Gary.
(b) Abbie Hoffman.
(c) Albert Camus.
(d) Cino del Duca.
3. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
(a) He begins to feel the late evening lethargy that always descends.
(b) He runs out and leaves the group he was with.
(c) He finds inspiration for another book.
(d) He complains to his wife about the museum the whole time.
4. What city is Styron in at the beginning of the memoir?
(d) New York.
5. What does Styron think after his flashback?
(a) That his life has been great.
(b) That he has come full circle.
(c) That he did have some good times in the past.
(d) That he didn't like visiting Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron say depression is like?
2. What bothers Styron so much about not being able to meet Camus?
3. What does Styron believe about a depressed colleague's decision to ride with a reckless driver?
4. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
5. Why is Styron not worried about the loss?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)