|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the award Styron receives?
(a) Nobel Peace Prize.
(b) Newberry Award.
(c) He didn't receive one, he was giving one.
(d) Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award.
2. Why is Styron not worried about the loss?
(a) He knows he will be okay later.
(b) He is so depressed and lethargic that nothing matters to him.
(c) He knows his friend will be his friend again.
(d) He feels he is justified in getting angry.
3. Styron calls depression:
(a) Disorder of mood.
(b) Very common.
(c) Terrible sadness.
(d) Very rare.
4. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
(a) That Gary saw the same depression in himself, though it was controlled.
(b) He didn't believe Camus really suffered from depression.
(c) He knew Camus was going to commit suicide and did nothing about it.
(d) He had tried to convince Camus to get help.
5. What does Gary reveal to Styron about the effect the death of his ex-wife had on him?
(a) He was afraid she had committed suicide.
(b) He finally felt free again.
(c) He was afraid he would be suspected in her death.
(d) He began to suffer greatly from deep depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Styron recognize Camus's depression?
2. According to Styron, how many women have won the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award?
3. What two people does Styron think of while leaving Paris?
4. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
5. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)