|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Styron's literary guide?
(a) Abbie Hoffman.
(b) Cino del Duca.
(c) Albert Camus.
(d) Romain Gary.
2. How long does Stryon say it will be before he returns to Paris?
(b) A couple of years.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
3. Styron agrees with what literary guide's belief?
(a) All men suffer from deep depression.
(b) Man's alienation from other men.
(c) Depression never causes suicide.
(d) Depression always leads to suicide.
4. What does Styron say about not returning to France?
(a) He believes one day in the near future he will take his own life.
(b) It cost so much to go and he was nearly broke.
(c) He had such a miserable time in Paris.
(d) He doesn't like to travel.
5. Why is it hard for Styron to recognize depression in his friend, Gary?
(a) Because he rarely talked to Gary.
(b) Because he didn't know what depression looked like.
(c) Because Gary was so good at hiding his feelings.
(d) Because Gary always had a melancholy typical of Europeans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
2. Who arranges a meeting between Albert Camus and Styron?
3. In the depth of his depression in Paris, what does Styron realize he would have to decide?
4. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
5. What bothers Styron so much about not being able to meet Camus?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)