|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Styron's literary guide?
(a) Cino del Duca.
(b) Albert Camus.
(c) Romain Gary.
(d) Abbie Hoffman.
2. What Camus novel has a profound impact on Styron?
(a) "The Stranger."
(b) "The Long Day."
(c) "Reflections of Life."
(d) "Paradise Lost."
3. What do Styron's companions notice about him?
(a) He is very sleepy.
(b) He is angry at his friends.
(c) That he appears not to feel well.
(d) He is disoriented.
4. What does Styron say about not returning to France?
(a) He believes one day in the near future he will take his own life.
(b) He doesn't like to travel.
(c) He had such a miserable time in Paris.
(d) It cost so much to go and he was nearly broke.
5. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
(a) He complains to his wife about the museum the whole time.
(b) He finds inspiration for another book.
(c) He runs out and leaves the group he was with.
(d) He begins to feel the late evening lethargy that always descends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the depth of his depression in Paris, what does Styron realize he would have to decide?
2. What does Styron call the DSM?
3. How long does Stryon say it will be before he returns to Paris?
4. What philosophical question does Gary present as central to all philosophy; a question that confuses Styron until years later when he suffers his depression?
5. How does Camus's essay influence Stryon's philosophy of life?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)