|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
(a) The French bidet.
(b) The restaurant he went to after getting his award.
(c) His memoir.
(d) Paris museums.
2. What does Styron call the DSM?
(a) A good manual.
(b) The psychiatrist's bible.
(c) Very inaccurate guide.
(d) A guide to treatment.
3. What puzzles Styron about Camus's book, "The Fall"?
(a) It was written so brilliantly though Camus was depressed.
(b) The title didn't fit the story.
(c) That the lawyer/narrator would want to kill himself.
(d) It was a good narrative of what a depressed person experiences.
4. How long does Stryon say it will be before he returns to Paris?
(a) A couple of years.
(b) A year.
(d) A month.
5. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His check for $25,000.
(c) Control of his anger.
(d) His mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
2. What brings about Styron's flashback at the beginning of the story?
3. What clues does Gary reveal that Styron later learns was probably signs of deep depression?
4. What Camus novel has a profound impact on Styron?
5. Styron agrees with what literary guide's belief?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)