|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron think of these two people, who were close literary friends?
(a) He thinks they both had depression.
(b) He doesn't think their writing was very good.
(c) He thinks they should move to America where they would be more recognized.
(d) He thinks they should have won the award.
2. What does Styron say about not returning to France?
(a) It cost so much to go and he was nearly broke.
(b) He believes one day in the near future he will take his own life.
(c) He had such a miserable time in Paris.
(d) He doesn't like to travel.
3. Why doesn't Styron recognize Camus's depression?
(a) He had never experienced depression himself, so had no real clue.
(b) He didn't believe in depression at the time.
(c) Camus hid it very well because he was embarrassed by it.
(d) He didn't know Camus very well.
4. What brings about Styron's flashback at the beginning of the story?
(a) Visiting the museum.
(b) Seeing his two friends.
(c) Winning the award.
(d) Seeing the Hotel.
5. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
(a) Camus leaves on his honeymoon.
(b) Camus dies in a car accident.
(c) Camus leaves Paris.
(d) Camus gets upset at Styron for his moods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges a meeting between Albert Camus and Styron?
2. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
3. Why is it hard for Styron to recognize depression in his friend, Gary?
4. What do Styron's companions notice about him?
5. What does Styron think after his flashback?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)