|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges a meeting between Albert Camus and Styron?
(a) Rose Styron.
(b) William Styron.
(c) Romain Gary.
(d) Cino del Duco
2. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
3. What philosophical question does Gary present as central to all philosophy; a question that confuses Styron until years later when he suffers his depression?
(a) Why does life have hardships?
(b) Is life worth living?
(c) Are all suicides due to weak character?
(d) Does man depend on other men?
4. What does Styron say the award he received should have done for him?
(a) Pay all his bills.
(b) Make him famous.
(c) Restore his ego.
(d) Make him new friends.
5. What does Styron say depression is like?
(a) Drowning or suffocation.
(b) An extra sleepy mood.
(c) Makes him angry at everyone.
(d) A sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
2. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
3. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
4. In what year does Styron first realize his illness could lead to his death?
5. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)