|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Styron's companions notice about him?
(a) That he appears not to feel well.
(b) He is very sleepy.
(c) He is angry at his friends.
(d) He is disoriented.
2. What bothers Styron about his meeting with Gary's estranged wife?
(a) Their son was caught between their differences.
(b) That he didn't understand her deep depression and what it meant.
(c) Gary's wife wasn't very involved with her son.
(d) That Gary was letting his estranged wife live with him.
3. What is the award Styron receives?
(a) Newberry Award.
(b) Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award.
(c) He didn't receive one, he was giving one.
(d) Nobel Peace Prize.
4. What does Styron think after his flashback?
(a) That he didn't like visiting Paris.
(b) That his life has been great.
(c) That he has come full circle.
(d) That he did have some good times in the past.
5. What does Styron believe about a depressed colleague's decision to ride with a reckless driver?
(a) That his friend didn't want to embarrass his friend by refusing a ride.
(b) That it was a form of suicide.
(c) That he probably didn't know the driver was so reckless.
(d) That his friend didn't have any choice about who to ride with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What puzzles Styron about Camus's book, "The Fall"?
2. According to Styron, how many women have won the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award?
3. What bothers Styron so much about not being able to meet Camus?
4. What does the suicide of another of Styron's friends lead him to believe?
5. What does Styron call the DSM?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)