|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
(a) He doesn't eat anything while he was there.
(b) The bathrooms have bidets in them.
(c) He doesn't visit anything but the museum.
(d) He refuses to go to a luncheon in his honor.
2. What two people does Styron think of while leaving Paris?
(a) Albert Camus and Romain Gary.
(b) His father and brother.
(c) His son and brother.
(d) Job and Milton.
3. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
(a) That Gary saw the same depression in himself, though it was controlled.
(b) He had tried to convince Camus to get help.
(c) He knew Camus was going to commit suicide and did nothing about it.
(d) He didn't believe Camus really suffered from depression.
4. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
(a) Mothers who enjoy their role.
(b) People younger than their teens.
(c) None are excluded; it attacks all groups.
(d) Older people who have gotten a grasp on life.
5. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
(a) Paris museums.
(b) The French bidet.
(c) The restaurant he went to after getting his award.
(d) His memoir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings about Styron's flashback at the beginning of the story?
2. Styron agrees with what literary guide's belief?
3. Who is Styron's literary guide?
4. What philosophical question does Gary present as central to all philosophy; a question that confuses Styron until years later when he suffers his depression?
5. What bothers Styron about his meeting with Gary's estranged wife?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)