|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron realize in Paris that helps him understand what is happening to him?
(a) The circadian cycle gives him moments of brief respite from the deep depression, giving clarity of thought.
(b) He can't think clearly anymore.
(c) He begins to cry incessantly and realizes he is depressed.
(d) He can't talk to his wife any more.
2. What clues does Gary reveal that Styron later learns was probably signs of deep depression?
(a) Withdrawal from friendships.
(b) Shaky hands and weak, quiet voice.
(c) Lack of cohesive thought.
(d) Constant weepiness.
3. Why is Styron not worried about the loss?
(a) He feels he is justified in getting angry.
(b) He knows his friend will be his friend again.
(c) He knows he will be okay later.
(d) He is so depressed and lethargic that nothing matters to him.
4. Who is Styron's literary guide?
(a) Abbie Hoffman.
(b) Albert Camus.
(c) Romain Gary.
(d) Cino del Duca.
5. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
(a) Camus leaves Paris.
(b) Camus dies in a car accident.
(c) Camus gets upset at Styron for his moods.
(d) Camus leaves on his honeymoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the award Styron receives?
2. Who arranges a meeting between Albert Camus and Styron?
3. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
4. What does Styron call the DSM?
5. What city is Styron in at the beginning of the memoir?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)