|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Camus's essay influence Stryon's philosophy of life?
(a) It makes him realize life is too short.
(b) It makes him realize mankind's responsibility for the larger world.
(c) It makes him realize depression was a personal thing.
(d) It makes him realize depression could be overcome if the person just cheered himself up.
2. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
(a) He doesn't eat anything while he was there.
(b) He refuses to go to a luncheon in his honor.
(c) He doesn't visit anything but the museum.
(d) The bathrooms have bidets in them.
3. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
(a) The restaurant he went to after getting his award.
(b) His memoir.
(c) Paris museums.
(d) The French bidet.
4. What does Gary reveal to Styron about the effect the death of his ex-wife had on him?
(a) He was afraid he would be suspected in her death.
(b) He was afraid she had committed suicide.
(c) He began to suffer greatly from deep depression.
(d) He finally felt free again.
5. What does Styron say the award he received should have done for him?
(a) Pay all his bills.
(b) Make him new friends.
(c) Restore his ego.
(d) Make him famous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
2. What puzzles Styron about Camus's book, "The Fall"?
3. Styron agrees with what literary guide's belief?
4. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
5. How long does Stryon say it will be before he returns to Paris?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)