|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron say is the most universal symptom of depression?
(b) Self-hatred or lack of self-esteem.
(c) Loss of friendships.
(d) Intense anxiety.
2. What does Gary reveal to Styron about the effect the death of his ex-wife had on him?
(a) He began to suffer greatly from deep depression.
(b) He was afraid he would be suspected in her death.
(c) He was afraid she had committed suicide.
(d) He finally felt free again.
3. What two people does Styron think of while leaving Paris?
(a) His father and brother.
(b) Job and Milton.
(c) Albert Camus and Romain Gary.
(d) His son and brother.
4. What does Styron call the DSM?
(a) Very inaccurate guide.
(b) A good manual.
(c) A guide to treatment.
(d) The psychiatrist's bible.
5. What does Styron think of these two people, who were close literary friends?
(a) He thinks they should move to America where they would be more recognized.
(b) He thinks they both had depression.
(c) He thinks they should have won the award.
(d) He doesn't think their writing was very good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Styron to lose his voice in Paris?
2. Why is Styron not worried about the loss?
3. What is Styron not able to recover?
4. In what year does Styron first realize his illness could lead to his death?
5. Why doesn't Styron recognize Camus's depression?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)