|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Camus novel has a profound impact on Styron?
(a) "The Long Day."
(b) "Reflections of Life."
(c) "The Stranger."
(d) "Paradise Lost."
2. In what year does Styron first realize his illness could lead to his death?
3. In the depth of his depression in Paris, what does Styron realize he would have to decide?
(a) What doctor to see about it.
(b) Whether to tell his wife or not.
(c) Whether to admit it to the press or not.
(d) The philosophical question of whether life is worth living or not.
4. Styron calls depression:
(a) Terrible sadness.
(b) Very rare.
(c) Very common.
(d) Disorder of mood.
5. What does Styron say about not returning to France?
(a) He had such a miserable time in Paris.
(b) He doesn't like to travel.
(c) He believes one day in the near future he will take his own life.
(d) It cost so much to go and he was nearly broke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Styron recognize Camus's depression?
2. Why is it hard for Styron to recognize depression in his friend, Gary?
3. What happens to Gary's ex-wife?
4. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
5. What causes Styron to lose his voice in Paris?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)