|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
(a) Camus dies in a car accident.
(b) Camus gets upset at Styron for his moods.
(c) Camus leaves Paris.
(d) Camus leaves on his honeymoon.
2. Styron calls depression:
(a) Disorder of mood.
(b) Very rare.
(c) Very common.
(d) Terrible sadness.
3. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
(a) People younger than their teens.
(b) Older people who have gotten a grasp on life.
(c) Mothers who enjoy their role.
(d) None are excluded; it attacks all groups.
4. In what year does Styron first realize his illness could lead to his death?
5. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
(a) He complains to his wife about the museum the whole time.
(b) He begins to feel the late evening lethargy that always descends.
(c) He finds inspiration for another book.
(d) He runs out and leaves the group he was with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Styron agrees with what literary guide's belief?
2. How does Camus's essay influence Stryon's philosophy of life?
3. What bothers Styron about his meeting with Gary's estranged wife?
4. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
5. What does Styron say about not returning to France?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)