|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Styron agrees with what literary guide's belief?
(a) Depression always leads to suicide.
(b) Man's alienation from other men.
(c) Depression never causes suicide.
(d) All men suffer from deep depression.
2. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
(a) He finds inspiration for another book.
(b) He complains to his wife about the museum the whole time.
(c) He begins to feel the late evening lethargy that always descends.
(d) He runs out and leaves the group he was with.
3. What does Styron call the DSM?
(a) A good manual.
(b) A guide to treatment.
(c) Very inaccurate guide.
(d) The psychiatrist's bible.
4. Who is Styron's literary guide?
(a) Abbie Hoffman.
(b) Cino del Duca.
(c) Albert Camus.
(d) Romain Gary.
5. Which group of people have more incidence of depression than all others?
(a) Women suffer more than any other group of people.
(b) Poor people.
(c) Rich people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
2. What clues does Gary reveal that Styron later learns was probably signs of deep depression?
3. What does Styron say depression is like?
4. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
5. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)