|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron say the award he received should have done for him?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Make him new friends.
(c) Pay all his bills.
(d) Restore his ego.
2. What does the suicide of another of Styron's friends lead him to believe?
(a) That he would soon have to face the fact that his own suicide is his only way out.
(b) That life isn't worth living.
(c) That he isn't a very good friend to others since he can't help them.
(d) That his friends must be weak.
3. What bothers Styron so much about not being able to meet Camus?
(a) It meant he had to go to his luncheon with Lady del Duco.
(b) Because it meant he barely missed getting to meet the man whose writing he so admired.
(c) It meant there was another suicide in his circle of friends.
(d) It meant Camus couldn't hear about winning the award.
4. What happens to Gary's ex-wife?
(a) She took an overdose of pills and her body was found in a car after several days.
(b) She was killed by someone, probably Gary himself.
(c) She disappeared and was never found again.
(d) She shot herself.
5. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
(a) Older people who have gotten a grasp on life.
(b) People younger than their teens.
(c) None are excluded; it attacks all groups.
(d) Mothers who enjoy their role.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron think after his flashback?
2. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
3. According to Styron, how many women have won the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award?
4. Which group of people have more incidence of depression than all others?
5. How long does Stryon say it will be before he returns to Paris?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)