|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Gary's ex-wife?
(a) She shot herself.
(b) She disappeared and was never found again.
(c) She took an overdose of pills and her body was found in a car after several days.
(d) She was killed by someone, probably Gary himself.
2. How long does Stryon say it will be before he returns to Paris?
(a) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) A couple of years.
3. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
4. What two people does Styron think of while leaving Paris?
(a) Albert Camus and Romain Gary.
(b) Job and Milton.
(c) His son and brother.
(d) His father and brother.
5. In what year does Styron first realize his illness could lead to his death?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Camus's essay influence Stryon's philosophy of life?
2. What bothers Styron about his meeting with Gary's estranged wife?
3. In the depth of his depression in Paris, what does Styron realize he would have to decide?
4. What does Styron believe about a depressed colleague's decision to ride with a reckless driver?
5. What does Styron say about not returning to France?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)