|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles Styron about Camus's book, "The Fall"?
(a) The title didn't fit the story.
(b) It was a good narrative of what a depressed person experiences.
(c) It was written so brilliantly though Camus was depressed.
(d) That the lawyer/narrator would want to kill himself.
2. What Camus novel has a profound impact on Styron?
(a) "Reflections of Life."
(b) "The Stranger."
(c) "The Long Day."
(d) "Paradise Lost."
3. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
(a) Pay off all old debts so he could concentrate on writing.
(b) Retire early and write.
(c) Give it all to charity.
(d) Give most to charity but save a small portion for a personal matter.
4. According to Styron, how many women have won the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award?
(c) Only five.
(d) More women than men.
5. Who is Styron's literary guide?
(a) Cino del Duca.
(b) Romain Gary.
(c) Albert Camus.
(d) Abbie Hoffman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron say is the most universal symptom of depression?
2. What does Gary reveal to Styron about the effect the death of his ex-wife had on him?
3. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
4. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
5. What city is Styron in at the beginning of the memoir?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)