|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron say the award he received should have done for him?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Restore his ego.
(c) Make him new friends.
(d) Pay all his bills.
2. What is the award Styron receives?
(a) He didn't receive one, he was giving one.
(b) Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award.
(c) Newberry Award.
(d) Nobel Peace Prize.
3. What causes Styron to lose his voice in Paris?
(b) Severe depression and resulting lethargy.
(c) Damp weather.
(d) Screaming until he was hoarse.
4. What bothers Styron so much about not being able to meet Camus?
(a) It meant he had to go to his luncheon with Lady del Duco.
(b) Because it meant he barely missed getting to meet the man whose writing he so admired.
(c) It meant Camus couldn't hear about winning the award.
(d) It meant there was another suicide in his circle of friends.
5. According to Styron, how many women have won the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award?
(b) Only five.
(c) More women than men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Stryon say it will be before he returns to Paris?
2. What clues does Gary reveal that Styron later learns was probably signs of deep depression?
3. What Camus novel has a profound impact on Styron?
4. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
5. What does Styron believe about a depressed colleague's decision to ride with a reckless driver?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)