|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
(a) He had tried to convince Camus to get help.
(b) He knew Camus was going to commit suicide and did nothing about it.
(c) That Gary saw the same depression in himself, though it was controlled.
(d) He didn't believe Camus really suffered from depression.
2. What does Styron say the award he received should have done for him?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Make him new friends.
(c) Restore his ego.
(d) Pay all his bills.
3. What Camus novel has a profound impact on Styron?
(a) "The Long Day."
(b) "Reflections of Life."
(c) "Paradise Lost."
(d) "The Stranger."
4. What brings about Styron's flashback at the beginning of the story?
(a) Seeing his two friends.
(b) Winning the award.
(c) Visiting the museum.
(d) Seeing the Hotel.
5. What bothers Styron about his meeting with Gary's estranged wife?
(a) That Gary was letting his estranged wife live with him.
(b) That he didn't understand her deep depression and what it meant.
(c) Gary's wife wasn't very involved with her son.
(d) Their son was caught between their differences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Styron not able to recover?
2. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
3. Who is Styron's literary guide?
4. What bothers Styron so much about not being able to meet Camus?
5. Why doesn't Styron recognize Camus's depression?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)