|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clues does Gary reveal that Styron later learns was probably signs of deep depression?
(a) Lack of cohesive thought.
(b) Constant weepiness.
(c) Withdrawal from friendships.
(d) Shaky hands and weak, quiet voice.
2. What city is Styron in at the beginning of the memoir?
(d) New York.
3. What happens to Gary's ex-wife?
(a) She shot herself.
(b) She was killed by someone, probably Gary himself.
(c) She disappeared and was never found again.
(d) She took an overdose of pills and her body was found in a car after several days.
4. What causes Styron to lose his voice in Paris?
(a) Damp weather.
(c) Screaming until he was hoarse.
(d) Severe depression and resulting lethargy.
5. What does Styron say about not returning to France?
(a) He had such a miserable time in Paris.
(b) He believes one day in the near future he will take his own life.
(c) He doesn't like to travel.
(d) It cost so much to go and he was nearly broke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Styron's companions notice about him?
2. What does Styron think after his flashback?
3. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
4. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
5. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)