|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
(a) He didn't believe Camus really suffered from depression.
(b) He had tried to convince Camus to get help.
(c) That Gary saw the same depression in himself, though it was controlled.
(d) He knew Camus was going to commit suicide and did nothing about it.
2. What does Styron think after his flashback?
(a) That he did have some good times in the past.
(b) That his life has been great.
(c) That he didn't like visiting Paris.
(d) That he has come full circle.
3. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
(a) Retire early and write.
(b) Give most to charity but save a small portion for a personal matter.
(c) Pay off all old debts so he could concentrate on writing.
(d) Give it all to charity.
4. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
(a) None are excluded; it attacks all groups.
(b) Mothers who enjoy their role.
(c) People younger than their teens.
(d) Older people who have gotten a grasp on life.
5. What two people does Styron think of while leaving Paris?
(a) Albert Camus and Romain Gary.
(b) His son and brother.
(c) Job and Milton.
(d) His father and brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clues does Gary reveal that Styron later learns was probably signs of deep depression?
2. Why is it hard for Styron to recognize depression in his friend, Gary?
3. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
4. What does Styron say depression is like?
5. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)