|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
(a) That Gary saw the same depression in himself, though it was controlled.
(b) He had tried to convince Camus to get help.
(c) He knew Camus was going to commit suicide and did nothing about it.
(d) He didn't believe Camus really suffered from depression.
2. What does Styron call the DSM?
(a) Very inaccurate guide.
(b) A guide to treatment.
(c) The psychiatrist's bible.
(d) A good manual.
3. How long does Stryon say it will be before he returns to Paris?
(b) A year.
(c) A couple of years.
(d) A month.
4. What city is Styron in at the beginning of the memoir?
(d) New York.
5. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
(a) Camus leaves on his honeymoon.
(b) Camus dies in a car accident.
(c) Camus gets upset at Styron for his moods.
(d) Camus leaves Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
2. How does Camus's essay about a prisoner on death row impact Styron's writing?
3. What does Styron say about not returning to France?
4. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
5. What does Styron say is the most universal symptom of depression?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)