|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron say is the most universal symptom of depression?
(a) Loss of friendships.
(c) Self-hatred or lack of self-esteem.
(d) Intense anxiety.
2. Which group of people have more incidence of depression than all others?
(a) Rich people.
(c) Poor people.
(d) Women suffer more than any other group of people.
3. What does Styron say about not returning to France?
(a) He doesn't like to travel.
(b) He had such a miserable time in Paris.
(c) He believes one day in the near future he will take his own life.
(d) It cost so much to go and he was nearly broke.
4. What does Gary reveal to Styron about the effect the death of his ex-wife had on him?
(a) He finally felt free again.
(b) He was afraid he would be suspected in her death.
(c) He began to suffer greatly from deep depression.
(d) He was afraid she had committed suicide.
5. What causes Styron to lose his voice in Paris?
(a) Damp weather.
(b) Screaming until he was hoarse.
(c) Severe depression and resulting lethargy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron believe about a depressed colleague's decision to ride with a reckless driver?
2. What does Styron think of these two people, who were close literary friends?
3. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
4. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
5. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)