|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
(a) His mind.
(b) His check for $25,000.
(c) His best friend.
(d) Control of his anger.
2. Who arranges a meeting between Albert Camus and Styron?
(a) Rose Styron.
(b) Cino del Duco
(c) William Styron.
(d) Romain Gary.
3. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
4. According to Styron, how many women have won the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award?
(b) More women than men.
(d) Only five.
5. What does the suicide of another of Styron's friends lead him to believe?
(a) That he would soon have to face the fact that his own suicide is his only way out.
(b) That his friends must be weak.
(c) That life isn't worth living.
(d) That he isn't a very good friend to others since he can't help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron say is the most universal symptom of depression?
2. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
3. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
4. Which group of people have more incidence of depression than all others?
5. What is Styron not able to recover?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)