|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron say the award he received should have done for him?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Restore his ego.
(c) Make him new friends.
(d) Pay all his bills.
2. Why is Styron not worried about the loss?
(a) He knows he will be okay later.
(b) He is so depressed and lethargic that nothing matters to him.
(c) He feels he is justified in getting angry.
(d) He knows his friend will be his friend again.
3. Which group of people have more incidence of depression than all others?
(a) Women suffer more than any other group of people.
(c) Poor people.
(d) Rich people.
4. What brings about Styron's flashback at the beginning of the story?
(a) Winning the award.
(b) Seeing the Hotel.
(c) Seeing his two friends.
(d) Visiting the museum.
5. What does Styron believe about a depressed colleague's decision to ride with a reckless driver?
(a) That his friend didn't want to embarrass his friend by refusing a ride.
(b) That his friend didn't have any choice about who to ride with.
(c) That he probably didn't know the driver was so reckless.
(d) That it was a form of suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron say is the most universal symptom of depression?
2. What two people does Styron think of while leaving Paris?
3. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
4. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
5. What does Styron think after his flashback?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)