|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two people does Styron think of while leaving Paris?
(a) Job and Milton.
(b) His son and brother.
(c) Albert Camus and Romain Gary.
(d) His father and brother.
2. What does Styron think after his flashback?
(a) That his life has been great.
(b) That he didn't like visiting Paris.
(c) That he did have some good times in the past.
(d) That he has come full circle.
3. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
(a) The French bidet.
(b) Paris museums.
(c) His memoir.
(d) The restaurant he went to after getting his award.
4. What happens to Gary's ex-wife?
(a) She shot herself.
(b) She was killed by someone, probably Gary himself.
(c) She disappeared and was never found again.
(d) She took an overdose of pills and her body was found in a car after several days.
5. What does the suicide of another of Styron's friends lead him to believe?
(a) That he would soon have to face the fact that his own suicide is his only way out.
(b) That life isn't worth living.
(c) That his friends must be weak.
(d) That he isn't a very good friend to others since he can't help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron say the award he received should have done for him?
2. What clues does Gary reveal that Styron later learns was probably signs of deep depression?
3. What does Styron say is the most universal symptom of depression?
4. Styron agrees with what literary guide's belief?
5. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)