|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
(a) Retire early and write.
(b) Give most to charity but save a small portion for a personal matter.
(c) Pay off all old debts so he could concentrate on writing.
(d) Give it all to charity.
2. What does Styron say the award he received should have done for him?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Restore his ego.
(c) Pay all his bills.
(d) Make him new friends.
3. Who arranges a meeting between Albert Camus and Styron?
(a) William Styron.
(b) Cino del Duco
(c) Romain Gary.
(d) Rose Styron.
4. What bothers Styron so much about not being able to meet Camus?
(a) It meant Camus couldn't hear about winning the award.
(b) Because it meant he barely missed getting to meet the man whose writing he so admired.
(c) It meant he had to go to his luncheon with Lady del Duco.
(d) It meant there was another suicide in his circle of friends.
5. What is Styron not able to recover?
(a) His family.
(b) His lucidity.
(c) His fame.
(d) His friendships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What philosophical question does Gary present as central to all philosophy; a question that confuses Styron until years later when he suffers his depression?
2. What does Styron think after his flashback?
3. What is the award Styron receives?
4. What does Styron say is the most universal symptom of depression?
5. What does Gary reveal to Styron about the effect the death of his ex-wife had on him?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)