|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
(a) Give most to charity but save a small portion for a personal matter.
(b) Pay off all old debts so he could concentrate on writing.
(c) Give it all to charity.
(d) Retire early and write.
2. What city is Styron in at the beginning of the memoir?
(b) New York.
3. What does Styron call the DSM?
(a) A good manual.
(b) Very inaccurate guide.
(c) The psychiatrist's bible.
(d) A guide to treatment.
4. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
(a) The restaurant he went to after getting his award.
(b) The French bidet.
(c) Paris museums.
(d) His memoir.
5. What does Styron say depression is like?
(a) A sadness.
(b) Makes him angry at everyone.
(c) An extra sleepy mood.
(d) Drowning or suffocation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
2. What does Styron say about not returning to France?
3. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
4. What does Styron say the award he received should have done for him?
5. Why is it hard for Styron to recognize depression in his friend, Gary?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)