|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Styron calls depression:
(a) Very common.
(b) Terrible sadness.
(c) Very rare.
(d) Disorder of mood.
2. Why doesn't Styron recognize Camus's depression?
(a) He had never experienced depression himself, so had no real clue.
(b) He didn't know Camus very well.
(c) He didn't believe in depression at the time.
(d) Camus hid it very well because he was embarrassed by it.
3. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
(a) He begins to feel the late evening lethargy that always descends.
(b) He finds inspiration for another book.
(c) He runs out and leaves the group he was with.
(d) He complains to his wife about the museum the whole time.
4. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
(a) Mothers who enjoy their role.
(b) Older people who have gotten a grasp on life.
(c) None are excluded; it attacks all groups.
(d) People younger than their teens.
5. What does Styron say is the most universal symptom of depression?
(a) Loss of friendships.
(b) Intense anxiety.
(d) Self-hatred or lack of self-esteem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Camus novel has a profound impact on Styron?
2. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
3. How long does Stryon say it will be before he returns to Paris?
4. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
5. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)