|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Camus's essay influence Stryon's philosophy of life?
(a) It makes him realize depression could be overcome if the person just cheered himself up.
(b) It makes him realize mankind's responsibility for the larger world.
(c) It makes him realize depression was a personal thing.
(d) It makes him realize life is too short.
2. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
(a) Control of his anger.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His mind.
(d) His check for $25,000.
3. What does Styron believe about a depressed colleague's decision to ride with a reckless driver?
(a) That he probably didn't know the driver was so reckless.
(b) That his friend didn't want to embarrass his friend by refusing a ride.
(c) That his friend didn't have any choice about who to ride with.
(d) That it was a form of suicide.
4. In what year does Styron first realize his illness could lead to his death?
5. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
(a) The bathrooms have bidets in them.
(b) He refuses to go to a luncheon in his honor.
(c) He doesn't visit anything but the museum.
(d) He doesn't eat anything while he was there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges a meeting between Albert Camus and Styron?
2. Styron calls depression:
3. What is Styron not able to recover?
4. What does Styron think of these two people, who were close literary friends?
5. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)