|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Styron calls depression:
(a) Very rare.
(b) Very common.
(c) Disorder of mood.
(d) Terrible sadness.
2. What does Styron think after his flashback?
(a) That his life has been great.
(b) That he has come full circle.
(c) That he did have some good times in the past.
(d) That he didn't like visiting Paris.
3. How does Camus's essay influence Stryon's philosophy of life?
(a) It makes him realize life is too short.
(b) It makes him realize depression could be overcome if the person just cheered himself up.
(c) It makes him realize depression was a personal thing.
(d) It makes him realize mankind's responsibility for the larger world.
4. In what year does Styron first realize his illness could lead to his death?
5. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
(a) Retire early and write.
(b) Give most to charity but save a small portion for a personal matter.
(c) Pay off all old debts so he could concentrate on writing.
(d) Give it all to charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings about Styron's flashback at the beginning of the story?
2. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
3. What does Styron call the DSM?
4. Who is Styron's literary guide?
5. Who arranges a meeting between Albert Camus and Styron?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)