|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron call the DSM?
(a) The psychiatrist's bible.
(b) A guide to treatment.
(c) Very inaccurate guide.
(d) A good manual.
2. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
(a) His memoir.
(b) Paris museums.
(c) The restaurant he went to after getting his award.
(d) The French bidet.
3. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
(a) Older people who have gotten a grasp on life.
(b) People younger than their teens.
(c) Mothers who enjoy their role.
(d) None are excluded; it attacks all groups.
4. Which group of people have more incidence of depression than all others?
(b) Women suffer more than any other group of people.
(c) Rich people.
(d) Poor people.
5. What does Styron say is the most universal symptom of depression?
(a) Self-hatred or lack of self-esteem.
(b) Intense anxiety.
(c) Loss of friendships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron think after his flashback?
2. What does Styron believe about a depressed colleague's decision to ride with a reckless driver?
3. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
4. What is Styron not able to recover?
5. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)