Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this music make him realize?
(a) That music could restore his soul.
(b) That he didn't want to life any more.
(c) That he couldn't leave all the pleasant memories that the house around him held.
(d) That his suicide would hurt his wife too much.
2. How did Levi commit suicide?
(a) Hurled himself down a flight of stairs.
(b) Took an overdose of pills.
(c) Stepped in front of a moving car.
(d) Hung himself.
3. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
(a) He knew Camus was going to commit suicide and did nothing about it.
(b) He didn't believe Camus really suffered from depression.
(c) He had tried to convince Camus to get help.
(d) That Gary saw the same depression in himself, though it was controlled.
4. What is Styron's reaction to being admitted to the hospital?
(a) He is depressed about it.
(b) He is afraid his wife will leave him.
(c) He feels safe for the first time since he became depressed.
(d) He is afraid his friends will desert him.
5. What clues does Gary reveal that Styron later learns was probably signs of deep depression?
(a) Constant weepiness.
(b) Shaky hands and weak, quiet voice.
(c) Lack of cohesive thought.
(d) Withdrawal from friendships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two people does Styron think of while leaving Paris?
2. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
3. What drugs does Styron's doctor give him that are NOT recommended for people with depression?
4. What reaction to the op-ed piece causes Styron to decide to write this memoir?
5. In addition to anxiety, what other characteristic of depression becomes manifest?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)