|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Styron say that physical symptoms accompany depression?
(a) Illness leads to depression.
(b) The mind can better accept that there is a physical cause than a mental one.
(c) Depressed people are clumsy and suffer several injuries.
(d) Depressed persons have more illnesses.
2. What two substances contribute to Styron's depression?
(a) Cocaine and alcohol.
(b) Alcohol and Halcion.
(c) Heroin and tobacco.
(d) Tobacco and alcohol.
3. What is the third stage of psychological development in depression?
(d) Extreme fear of abandonment.
4. Though Styron admits all professions are susceptible to depression, which profession is the most susceptible?
(a) Artistic types.
(b) School teacherrs.
5. What is Styron not able to recover?
(a) His friendships.
(b) His lucidity.
(c) His family.
(d) His fame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron believe about a depressed colleague's decision to ride with a reckless driver?
2. When is depression at its worst?
3. What does Styron call the DSM?
4. What does the depression and sense of hopelessness cause Styron to do?
5. Who does Styron compare his psychiatrist to?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)