|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Styron respond to the experimental approach?
(a) He demanded another drug.
(b) He immediately got better.
(c) He was in mental anguish, wanting immediate relief.
(d) He didn't notice anything, but was hopeful so did better.
2. What starts Styron's downward spiral into depression?
(a) Trouble with his wife.
(b) He begins to suffer nausea when drinking alcohol, which he had depended upon.
(c) Being isolated in Connecticut in the winter.
(d) The loss of several friends to suicide.
3. In the movie, "Through a Glass Darkly," the hallucination that the actress has is about what?
(a) Monsters in her closet.
(b) Getting lost in the woods
(c) Snakes crawling on the ceiling.
(d) A spider trying to sexually attack her.
4. How long does Styron have to stay in the hospital?
(a) A month.
(b) Seven weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Almost a year.
5. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion can we make for what Styron says about his recovery?
2. What effect does Styron's op-ed piece have on the general public?
3. Why is Styron so sad about Hoffman's suicide?
4. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
5. What therapies are used in the hospital?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)