|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron think after his flashback?
(a) That he has come full circle.
(b) That his life has been great.
(c) That he did have some good times in the past.
(d) That he didn't like visiting Paris.
2. What does he think about art therapy?
(a) Skeptical because of the teacher's overly effusive praise, but eventually likes it.
(b) Too difficult hard.
(c) He would rather write than paint or draw.
(d) A waste of time.
3. What is a common occurrence in people planning suicide?
(a) Detailed plans for their death.
(b) Sending all family away for a time.
(c) A second self who observes the self planning its destruction.
(d) A revision of their will.
4. Styron agrees with what literary guide's belief?
(a) All men suffer from deep depression.
(b) Man's alienation from other men.
(c) Depression never causes suicide.
(d) Depression always leads to suicide.
5. Who is Styron's literary guide?
(a) Cino del Duca.
(b) Albert Camus.
(c) Romain Gary.
(d) Abbie Hoffman.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Primo Levi's suicide, what causes Styron to question the common view that those who commit suicide are weak and inept?
2. When is depression at its worst?
3. Why does Styron consult with Dr. Gold, who he didn't feel could really help him?
4. How old was Levi when he committed his suicide?
5. Where does Styron spend his summers?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)