|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he think about art therapy?
(a) He would rather write than paint or draw.
(b) A waste of time.
(c) Too difficult hard.
(d) Skeptical because of the teacher's overly effusive praise, but eventually likes it.
2. What percentage of artistic types who suffer from depression die from suicide?
3. Right before the onset of his depression, Styron begins to suffer from what?
(a) Lack of sexual interest.
(b) Excessive sleepiness.
(d) Extreme joy.
4. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
(a) He knew Camus was going to commit suicide and did nothing about it.
(b) That Gary saw the same depression in himself, though it was controlled.
(c) He had tried to convince Camus to get help.
(d) He didn't believe Camus really suffered from depression.
5. What does Styron's psychiatrist recommend to him about the hospital?
(a) To avoid the hospital at all costs.
(b) To go to the hospital for treatment.
(c) To plan on staying for a year in the hospital.
(d) To go to a hospital in Paris so no one would know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two people does Styron think of while leaving Paris?
2. What is Styron not able to recover?
3. What is the old term for depression?
4. What reason does Styron give for taking the prescribed medicines without question?
5. How does Camus's essay influence Stryon's philosophy of life?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)