|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Styron recognize Camus's depression?
(a) He had never experienced depression himself, so had no real clue.
(b) He didn't believe in depression at the time.
(c) He didn't know Camus very well.
(d) Camus hid it very well because he was embarrassed by it.
2. When is depression at its worst?
(a) Fake feelings of sadness.
(c) A blue state.
(d) Painful sorrow.
3. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
(a) His mind.
(b) His check for $25,000.
(c) Control of his anger.
(d) His best friend.
4. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
(a) People younger than their teens.
(b) None are excluded; it attacks all groups.
(c) Mothers who enjoy their role.
(d) Older people who have gotten a grasp on life.
5. What conclusion can we make for what Styron says about his recovery?
(a) Writing in his diary helped him recover.
(b) That he just needed some more rest.
(c) Medicines need to be adjusted correctly.
(d) That is was difficult and required a lot of strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
2. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
3. What does Styron want us to understand about those who commit suicide?
4. What effect does the failure of medicines to act quickly have on the depressed person?
5. What is Styron's first dream in many months?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)