|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Styron, what do people closest to those who commit suicide often do?
(a) Denounce their loved one.
(b) Begin suffering from depression and are in danger of suicide also.
(c) Grieve longer than for death from other reasons.
(d) Deny that the death was suicide.
2. What puzzles Styron about Camus's book, "The Fall"?
(a) The title didn't fit the story.
(b) It was a good narrative of what a depressed person experiences.
(c) It was written so brilliantly though Camus was depressed.
(d) That the lawyer/narrator would want to kill himself.
3. What happens to Gary's ex-wife?
(a) She shot herself.
(b) She disappeared and was never found again.
(c) She took an overdose of pills and her body was found in a car after several days.
(d) She was killed by someone, probably Gary himself.
4. How old was Levi when he committed his suicide?
5. In what year does Styron first realize his illness could lead to his death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Styron do for Hoffman regarding a political demonstration led by Hoffman?
2. According to Styron, how many women have won the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award?
3. What do Styron's companions notice about him?
4. Styron agrees with what literary guide's belief?
5. What does Styron think after his flashback?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)