|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Styron in at the beginning of the memoir?
(b) New York.
2. What does Styron call the DSM?
(a) A good manual.
(b) A guide to treatment.
(c) The psychiatrist's bible.
(d) Very inaccurate guide.
3. In Chapter 3, what event causes Styron to more fully explore the relationship between depression and suicide?
(a) His wife left him.
(b) The suicide of Abbie Hoffman.
(c) His whole family rejected him.
(d) Styron sunk deeper into a depressive state.
4. What causes Styron to lose his voice in Paris?
(a) Damp weather.
(b) Severe depression and resulting lethargy.
(c) Screaming until he was hoarse.
5. Where did Styron meet Hoffman?
(a) At the del Duco award dinner.
(b) He had never really met him, only talked to him.
(c) At a writer's conference.
(d) At a democratic convention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
2. According to Styron, what do people closest to those who commit suicide often do?
3. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
4. According to Styron, how many women have won the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award?
5. What does Levi's suicide cause Styron to do?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)