|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron say the award he received should have done for him?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Restore his ego.
(c) Make him new friends.
(d) Pay all his bills.
2. In what year does Styron first realize his illness could lead to his death?
3. What does Styron think of these two people, who were close literary friends?
(a) He thinks they both had depression.
(b) He thinks they should move to America where they would be more recognized.
(c) He doesn't think their writing was very good.
(d) He thinks they should have won the award.
4. What does Gary reveal to Styron about the effect the death of his ex-wife had on him?
(a) He finally felt free again.
(b) He began to suffer greatly from deep depression.
(c) He was afraid she had committed suicide.
(d) He was afraid he would be suspected in her death.
5. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
(a) He begins to feel the late evening lethargy that always descends.
(b) He complains to his wife about the museum the whole time.
(c) He finds inspiration for another book.
(d) He runs out and leaves the group he was with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Styron think after his flashback?
2. What does Styron want us to understand about those who commit suicide?
3. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
4. How did Levi's friends and admirers react to his suicide?
5. What does Styron believe about a depressed colleague's decision to ride with a reckless driver?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)