|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles Styron about Camus's book, "The Fall"?
(a) It was a good narrative of what a depressed person experiences.
(b) That the lawyer/narrator would want to kill himself.
(c) The title didn't fit the story.
(d) It was written so brilliantly though Camus was depressed.
2. What is unusual about Styron's visit to Paris?
(a) The bathrooms have bidets in them.
(b) He refuses to go to a luncheon in his honor.
(c) He doesn't eat anything while he was there.
(d) He doesn't visit anything but the museum.
3. What do Styron's companions notice about him?
(a) That he appears not to feel well.
(b) He is very sleepy.
(c) He is disoriented.
(d) He is angry at his friends.
4. How long does Stryon say it will be before he returns to Paris?
(b) A couple of years.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
5. How old was Levi when he committed his suicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of artistic types who suffer from depression die from suicide?
2. What does Styron want us to understand about those who commit suicide?
3. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
4. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
5. What clues does Gary reveal that Styron later learns was probably signs of deep depression?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)