|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Styron say depression is like?
(a) Makes him angry at everyone.
(b) Drowning or suffocation.
(c) A sadness.
(d) An extra sleepy mood.
2. What does Styron lose at the luncheon in Paris?
(a) His best friend.
(b) Control of his anger.
(c) His mind.
(d) His check for $25,000.
3. How does Camus's essay influence Stryon's philosophy of life?
(a) It makes him realize life is too short.
(b) It makes him realize mankind's responsibility for the larger world.
(c) It makes him realize depression could be overcome if the person just cheered himself up.
(d) It makes him realize depression was a personal thing.
4. According to Styron, how many women have won the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award?
(b) More women than men.
(d) Only five.
5. What does Styron say would cause many depression-related suicides?
(a) Lack of medicines to treat depression.
(b) Lack of moral strength by the depressed person.
(c) Lack of awareness by others about the intensity of the pain.
(d) Lack of psychiatric treatment protocols.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Styron compare his psychiatrist to?
2. How did Levi's friends and admirers react to his suicide?
3. How does Styron respond to the experimental approach?
4. Why does Styron consult with Dr. Gold, who he didn't feel could really help him?
5. What happens before Styron meets with Camus?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)