|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Styron, what is the touchstone of depression?
2. What does Styron call the DSM?
(a) Very inaccurate guide.
(b) A guide to treatment.
(c) A good manual.
(d) The psychiatrist's bible.
3. What does Styron think of these two people, who were close literary friends?
(a) He thinks they should have won the award.
(b) He thinks they should move to America where they would be more recognized.
(c) He thinks they both had depression.
(d) He doesn't think their writing was very good.
4. What pressing question does Styron have about the course of depression?
(a) Why would a person who has everything still be depressed?
(b) Why doesn't the person just cheer up and get over it?
(c) Why do some who suffered commit suicide while others don't?
(d) What medicines are effective?
5. According to Styron, what is between Gaelic and Americana?
(a) The restaurant he went to after getting his award.
(b) His memoir.
(c) Paris museums.
(d) The French bidet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Styron's literary guide?
2. How did Levi's friends and admirers react to his suicide?
3. How old was Styron when he published his first novel?
4. What do Styron's companions notice about him?
5. What two substances contribute to Styron's depression?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)