|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Styron's publisher have to reschedule a photo session?
(a) Styron had left to go to Paris.
(b) Styron was in the hospital.
(c) Styron refused to come out of his room.
(d) Styron had only smiled in a few pictures but still looked as if in despair.
2. What two substances contribute to Styron's depression?
(a) Cocaine and alcohol.
(b) Heroin and tobacco.
(c) Tobacco and alcohol.
(d) Alcohol and Halcion.
3. What does the depression and sense of hopelessness cause Styron to do?
(a) Run away from his wife and home.
(b) Try to kill himself.
(c) Go to bed for hours every day.
(d) Write even more in an attempt to understand it.
4. What is the old term for depression?
(a) Manic depressive.
(b) Mental deficit.
5. Which group of people have more incidence of depression than all others?
(a) Poor people.
(c) Rich people.
(d) Women suffer more than any other group of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Styron about his meeting with Gary's estranged wife?
2. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
3. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
4. What does Styron think of these two people, who were close literary friends?
5. What does Styron want us to understand about those who commit suicide?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)