|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this music make him realize?
(a) That he didn't want to life any more.
(b) That his suicide would hurt his wife too much.
(c) That he couldn't leave all the pleasant memories that the house around him held.
(d) That music could restore his soul.
2. When is depression at its worst?
(a) A blue state.
(b) Fake feelings of sadness.
(c) Painful sorrow.
3. What does Styron say about assigning reasons for suicide to those who take that route?
(a) That people who commit suicide are justified in doing it.
(b) That people who commit suicide don't love their families.
(c) That only weak people commit suicide.
(d) Most of the time the cause is not one incident, but overwhelming depression.
4. Why is it hard for Styron to recognize depression in his friend, Gary?
(a) Because Gary always had a melancholy typical of Europeans.
(b) Because he didn't know what depression looked like.
(c) Because Gary was so good at hiding his feelings.
(d) Because he rarely talked to Gary.
5. Which group of people have more incidence of depression than all others?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Poor people.
(d) Women suffer more than any other group of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Styron have to a flock of Canadian geese?
2. What happens to Gary's ex-wife?
3. Who is Styron's literary guide?
4. Which group of people does depression never happen to?
5. During one sleepless episode, what does Styron realize about his illness?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)