|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Styron spend his summers?
(a) In Paris.
(b) At Martha's Vineyard.
(c) In Florida.
(d) On his farm in Connecticut.
2. What piece of music moves Styron to his breakthrough and hospitalization?
(a) Beethoven's Fifth.
(b) Halleluah Chorus.
(c) Chopin's Funeral March.
(d) Brahms's Alto Rhapsody.
3. What does Styron say about alcohol's mood-altering characteristics?
(a) It is a depressant, but didn't depress him.
(b) It is an upper, but depressed him.
(c) It had no effect on his mood.
(d) It lightened his mood for a good amount of time.
4. What does Gary confess to Styron about Camus's depression?
(a) He had tried to convince Camus to get help.
(b) That Gary saw the same depression in himself, though it was controlled.
(c) He didn't believe Camus really suffered from depression.
(d) He knew Camus was going to commit suicide and did nothing about it.
5. What Camus novel has a profound impact on Styron?
(a) "The Stranger."
(b) "Reflections of Life."
(c) "The Long Day."
(d) "Paradise Lost."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Camus's essay influence Stryon's philosophy of life?
2. What does this music make him realize?
3. In what way does Styron's depression come upon him?
4. What two substances contribute to Styron's depression?
5. Who arranges a meeting between Albert Camus and Styron?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)