1. What city is Styron in at the beginning of the memoir?
(d) New York.
2. What is the award Styron receives?
(a) Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award.
(b) Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) He didn't receive one, he was giving one.
(d) Newberry Award.
3. What does Styron say he will do with the prize money he won?
(a) Pay off all old debts so he could concentrate on writing.
(b) Give most to charity but save a small portion for a personal matter.
(c) Give it all to charity.
(d) Retire early and write.
4. What happens to Styron during his museum visit in Paris?
(a) He runs out and leaves the group he was with.
(b) He complains to his wife about the museum the whole time.
(c) He begins to feel the late evening lethargy that always descends.
(d) He finds inspiration for another book.
5. What does Styron say depression is like?
(a) A sadness.
(b) Makes him angry at everyone.
(c) Drowning or suffocation.
(d) An extra sleepy mood.
This section contains 6,356 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)