* In October 1985, Styron receives the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award in Paris.
* When passing the Washington Motel, Styron flashes back to his stay in 1952.
* Styron feels he has now come full circle.
* Styron says he feels he will never see Paris again.
* The Cino del Duca award is given to artists and scientists dedicated to humanism.
* Depression had already set in on Styron and he almost refused the award.
* Styron says most of award will be donated to charity, but a small portion will be kept by him.
* A portion being kept was to pay to go back to New York and see a psychiatrist.
* Styron truthfully reveals his symptoms, but little help is available at that time.
* Styron attends the events he is required to attend, but friends see that something is terribly wrong.
* Riding in the car, Styron thinks of Albert Camus and Romain...
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)