Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* In October 1985, Styron receives the Prix Mondial Cino del Duca award in Paris.
* When passing the Washington Motel, Styron flashes back to his stay in 1952.
* Styron feels he has now come full circle.
* Styron says he feels he will never see Paris again.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* The Cino del Duca award is given to artists...
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)