|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Ty shoot Shade?
2. What is Ms. Spinner's job?
3. Who does Ty say needs to govern the settlers?
4. What music does Ty hear after Gemma realizes her brother was in Seablite?
5. Who calls the animals that save the settlers when there is a crack in the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gemma almost die at the end of the book?
2. What does Gemma ask of Ty as Jibby takes her away?
3. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
4. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
5. How does Ty get to Gemma faster when Doc escapes with her?
6. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
7. What does Doc say to Ty's parents after the attack by Shade?
8. What news do Ty's parents have for him when he leaves the hospital?
9. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
10. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances? How are the characters affected in the scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Who was the main villain in this book? Why was this so surprising?
Essay Topic 3
Zoe was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)