|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom did Gemma steal an ID card?
2. Who calls the animals that save the settlers when there is a crack in the wall?
3. What does Shade think is unique about Ty?
4. Who does Ty say needs to govern the settlers?
5. What does Grimes say he is not interested in when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
2. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
3. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
4. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
5. What does Gemma do when Doc is explaining his plans for Ty?
6. How does Shade defend the actions of his gang?
7. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
8. What does Gemma ask of Ty as Jibby takes her away?
9. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
10. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 2
Who was the main villain in this book? Why was this so surprising?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book when the trial for Shade was presented. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)