|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grimes say he is not interested in when he wakes up?
2. Why does Ty get something from Grimes?
3. Who questions Ty after Shade leaves?
4. What is Ms. Spinner's job?
5. What are neighbors restocking the Peavey's farm with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doc say to Ty's parents after the attack by Shade?
2. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
3. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
4. What does Doc say that ruins all of Gemma's plans and hopes?
5. What does Ty see on the walls of some of the bunks in the prison?
6. What do Raj and Lars want to do about the outlaws?
7. What does Gemma do when Doc is explaining his plans for Ty?
8. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
9. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
10. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gemma and Ty were two characters who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)