|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ty tell Gemma to go when something appears above the house?
2. From whom did Gemma steal an ID card?
3. What was Gemma on a waiting list for when she ran away?
4. What is Grimes's job?
5. What does Ty do when he sees the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Raj and Lars want to do about the outlaws?
2. How does Zoe protect Ty?
3. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
4. What does Gemma do when Doc is explaining his plans for Ty?
5. What does Gemma ask of Ty as Jibby takes her away?
6. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
7. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
8. What does Doc say to Ty's parents after the attack by Shade?
9. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
10. What does Mrs. Spinner say about Gemma's brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book when the trial for Shade was presented. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)