|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grimes's job?
2. Who lets Ty out of the cage?
3. What does Shade think is unique about Ty?
4. Who discredited Doc?
5. What does Shade say when he hear where Ty was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Doc to be sent subsea?
2. What do Raj and Lars want to do about the outlaws?
3. How does Zoe protect Ty?
4. What happens when Ty admits to having a Dark Gift?
5. How does Shade defend the actions of his gang?
6. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
7. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
8. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
9. What does Shade say about children living under the sea?
10. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How did Ty's relationship with Gemma change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)