|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ty do when he sees the prison?
2. Who shoots Shade with a tranquilizer?
3. What color is Shade when he comes in the house?
4. What does Gemma ask of Ty before she runs away again?
5. How does Shade get past Grimes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news do Ty's parents have for him when he leaves the hospital?
2. How does Ty get to Gemma faster when Doc escapes with her?
3. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
4. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
5. What caused Doc to be sent subsea?
6. What does Mrs. Spinner say about Gemma's brother?
7. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
8. How does Shade defend the actions of his gang?
9. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
10. What does Gemma ask of Ty as Jibby takes her away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances? How are the characters affected in the scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)