|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cage is Ty locked in?
2. Where is the Benthic Territory located?
3. What is Ms. Spinner's job?
4. With what does Ty shoot Shade?
5. Why is Shade so surprised to see Ty at the saloon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shade defend the actions of his gang?
2. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
3. How does Zoe protect Ty?
4. How does Gemma almost die at the end of the book?
5. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
6. What happens when Ty admits to having a Dark Gift?
7. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
8. What do Raj and Lars want to do about the outlaws?
9. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
10. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 3
Who was the main villain in this book? Why was this so surprising?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)