|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knew the connection between Shae and Gemma before she did?
2. With what does Ty shoot Shade?
3. What favor does Ty ask of Shade?
4. How does Ms. Spinner contact Ty?
5. What takes Ty home from the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doc say that ruins all of Gemma's plans and hopes?
2. How does Zoe protect Ty?
3. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
4. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
5. What does Ty see on the walls of some of the bunks in the prison?
6. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
7. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
8. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
9. How does Gemma almost die at the end of the book?
10. How does Ty get to Gemma faster when Doc escapes with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances? How are the characters affected in the scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Zoe was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)