|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Shade when he comes in the house?
2. Why is Shade so surprised to see Ty at the saloon?
3. What does Ty use to cut Shae free?
4. How did Shade hide who he was from Gemma for so long?
5. Who turns on the emergency lantern when Shade is shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
2. How does Shade defend the actions of his gang?
3. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
4. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
5. What does Jibby do at the Peavey's house that makes Ty jealous?
6. What does Shade say about children living under the sea?
7. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
8. What do Raj and Lars want to do about the outlaws?
9. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
10. What news do Ty's parents have for him when he leaves the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Topsiders view life under the sea, and how accurate were these ideas?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)