|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shade say when he hear where Ty was born?
2. How is Gemma's life saved?
3. What does Akai mean?
4. Who locks Ty in a cage?
5. What does Shade think is unique about Ty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Doc been planning for Ty?
2. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
3. What does Gemma do when Doc is explaining his plans for Ty?
4. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
5. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
6. What does Shade say about children living under the sea?
7. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
8. What does the term Gem of the Sea mean?
9. What caused Doc to be sent subsea?
10. What does Doc say that ruins all of Gemma's plans and hopes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)