|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gemma know her brother was in Seablite?
2. What do Ty's parents plan to protect when something appears above their house?
3. How does Ty locate Shade inside the house?
4. When did Gemma realize Shade's identity?
5. What does the Specter throw over Ty's ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
2. What does Ty see on the walls of some of the bunks in the prison?
3. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
4. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
5. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
6. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
7. How does Shade defend the actions of his gang?
8. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
9. What news do Ty's parents have for him when he leaves the hospital?
10. What does Gemma ask of Ty as Jibby takes her away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances? How are the characters affected in the scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Topsiders view life under the sea, and how accurate were these ideas?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)