|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal rescues the settlers when there is a crack in the wall?
2. Where is the Benthic Territory located?
3. What is Ms. Spinner's job?
4. What action does Shade use to show Gemma he loves her?
5. Why does Gemma scream when Ty is listening to some music?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ty admits to having a Dark Gift?
2. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
3. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
4. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
5. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
6. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
7. What does Ty see on the walls of some of the bunks in the prison?
8. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
9. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
10. How does Zoe protect Ty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances? How are the characters affected in the scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Who was the main villain in this book? Why was this so surprising?
Essay Topic 3
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)