|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the crack in the wall for the settlers?
2. What does Ty use to cut Shae free?
3. When did Gemma realize Shade's identity?
4. What does Akai mean?
5. How does Eel destroy the viewphone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gemma ask of Ty as Jibby takes her away?
2. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
3. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
4. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
5. What does Jibby do at the Peavey's house that makes Ty jealous?
6. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
7. How does Zoe protect Ty?
8. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
9. What caused Doc to be sent subsea?
10. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Ty's relationship with Gemma change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)