|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raj leave the Peavey's house to do?
2. Who lets Ty out of the cage?
3. How does Raj plan to deal with Shade?
4. Why does Ty get something from Grimes?
5. Why does Gemma scream when Ty is listening to some music?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
2. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
3. How does Ty get to Gemma faster when Doc escapes with her?
4. How does Zoe protect Ty?
5. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
6. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
7. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
8. What does Mrs. Spinner say about Gemma's brother?
9. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
10. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)