|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ty see clinging to an elevator cable?
2. What was Gemma on a waiting list for when she ran away?
3. What music does Ty hear after Gemma realizes her brother was in Seablite?
4. What causes the crack in the wall for the settlers?
5. What does Ty do when he sees the prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shade say about children living under the sea?
2. What happens when Ty admits to having a Dark Gift?
3. What does Mrs. Spinner say about Gemma's brother?
4. What does Doc say that ruins all of Gemma's plans and hopes?
5. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
6. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
7. How does Zoe protect Ty?
8. What does Doc say to Ty's parents after the attack by Shade?
9. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
10. What caused Doc to be sent subsea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book when the trial for Shade was presented. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between the settlers and the gang affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)