|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eel destroy the viewphone?
2. Where was Ty born?
3. How is the prison different than other undersea structures?
4. What does Ty get from Grimes?
5. How does Raj plan to deal with Shade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Raj and Lars want to do about the outlaws?
2. How does Ty get to Gemma faster when Doc escapes with her?
3. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
4. What does Shade say about children living under the sea?
5. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
6. What happens when Ty admits to having a Dark Gift?
7. How does Zoe protect Ty?
8. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
9. What caused Doc to be sent subsea?
10. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)