|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ty's parents put on when something appears above the house?
2. Who discredited Doc?
3. How did Shade hide who he was from Gemma for so long?
4. Who does Ty say needs to govern the settlers?
5. How does Ty locate Shade inside the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
2. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
3. What news do Ty's parents have for him when he leaves the hospital?
4. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
5. What does the term Gem of the Sea mean?
6. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
7. What do Raj and Lars want to do about the outlaws?
8. What does Mrs. Spinner say about Gemma's brother?
9. What does Jibby do at the Peavey's house that makes Ty jealous?
10. What does Gemma ask of Ty as Jibby takes her away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Ty's relationship with Gemma change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Zoe was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)