|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes Ty home from the prison?
2. Who questions Ty after Shade leaves?
3. Why is Shade so surprised to see Ty at the saloon?
4. What does Ty do when the Specter throws something over Ty's ship?
5. Who does Ty say needs to govern the settlers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Raj and Lars want to do about the outlaws?
2. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
3. What does Gemma ask of Ty as Jibby takes her away?
4. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
5. How does Ty get to Gemma faster when Doc escapes with her?
6. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
7. How does Zoe protect Ty?
8. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
9. What does Doc say to Ty's parents after the attack by Shade?
10. What does Jibby do at the Peavey's house that makes Ty jealous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zoe was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Topsiders view life under the sea, and how accurate were these ideas?
Essay Topic 3
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)