|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last person out when there is a crack in the wall?
2. From whom did Gemma steal an ID card?
3. How does Gemma plan to run away again?
4. Why does Ty get something from Grimes?
5. What kind of cage is Ty locked in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
2. What news do Ty's parents have for him when he leaves the hospital?
3. What does Jibby do at the Peavey's house that makes Ty jealous?
4. What do Raj and Lars want to do about the outlaws?
5. How does Gemma almost die at the end of the book?
6. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
7. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
8. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
9. How does Zoe protect Ty?
10. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Ty's relationship with Gemma change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How did this book show parallels to western society, and how did this affect the tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)