|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ty do when Gemma realizes her brother was in Seablite?
2. What does Ty get from Grimes?
3. How is the prison different than other undersea structures?
4. Who discredited Doc?
5. What does Grimes say he is not interested in when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doc say to Ty's parents after the attack by Shade?
2. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
3. How does Ty get to Gemma faster when Doc escapes with her?
4. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
5. What caused Doc to be sent subsea?
6. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
7. What has Doc been planning for Ty?
8. What does Jibby do at the Peavey's house that makes Ty jealous?
9. What does Doc say that ruins all of Gemma's plans and hopes?
10. What does Mrs. Spinner say about Gemma's brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Topsiders view life under the sea, and how accurate were these ideas?
Essay Topic 2
Zoe was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)