|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Shade fake his own death?
2. Who discredited Doc?
3. Who is with Ty when he sees the prison?
4. What does Shade say when he hear where Ty was born?
5. What favor does Ty ask of Shade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Spinner say about Gemma's brother?
2. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
3. What news do Ty's parents have for him when he leaves the hospital?
4. What caused Doc to be sent subsea?
5. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
6. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
7. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
8. What happens when Ty admits to having a Dark Gift?
9. What has Doc been planning for Ty?
10. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Ty's relationship with Gemma change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Gemma and Ty were two characters who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 3
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)