|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gemma know her brother was in Seablite?
2. How did Shade fake his own death?
3. What does Akai mean?
4. Why does Ty say Shade owes him a favor?
5. What does Ty give Gemma when she is running away again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
2. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
3. How does Gemma almost die at the end of the book?
4. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
5. What does Doc say that ruins all of Gemma's plans and hopes?
6. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
7. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
8. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
9. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
10. How does Ty get to Gemma faster when Doc escapes with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)