|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Shade hide who he was from Gemma for so long?
2. What is Zoe's dark gift?
3. When did Gemma realize Shade's identity?
4. How does Ty communicate with some fish?
5. Who questions Ty after Shade leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
2. What has Doc been planning for Ty?
3. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
4. What do Raj and Lars want to do about the outlaws?
5. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
6. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
7. What happens when Ty admits to having a Dark Gift?
8. What news do Ty's parents have for him when he leaves the hospital?
9. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
10. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Topsiders view life under the sea, and how accurate were these ideas?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Shade, and how does his character affect the main characters in the book and their decisions?
Essay Topic 3
How did this book show parallels to western society, and how did this affect the tone of the plot?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)