|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knew the connection between Shae and Gemma before she did?
2. What do Ty's parents plan to protect when something appears above their house?
3. What does Ty give Gemma when she is running away again?
4. Why does Ty say Shade owes him a favor?
5. How does Gemma know her brother was in Seablite?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
2. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
3. What does Gemma ask of Ty as Jibby takes her away?
4. What does Jibby do at the Peavey's house that makes Ty jealous?
5. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
6. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
7. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
8. What does Gemma do when Doc is explaining his plans for Ty?
9. How does Gemma almost die at the end of the book?
10. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Ty's relationship with Gemma change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)