|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps predators away from Ty's house?
2. What kind of post has Doc recently received?
3. What does Shurl do to celebrate when Lars recovers?
4. Who spots the Specter on the way to Hewitt's house?
5. What is the name of Hewitt's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gemma say she validates taking money when she left?
2. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
3. What do Eel and Pretty want to know from Ty?
4. How does Gemma feel about the idea of life under the sea, and why?
5. How does Ty respond to Gemma's demands, and how does she feel about this?
6. What is so strange about the setting of this book?
7. What does Gemma tell Ty she is trying to do?
8. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
9. How does Ty meet Gemma?
10. What surprise does Ty find as he is leaving the saloon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between the settlers and the gang affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are Dark Gifts, and how did they shape this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Shade, and how does his character affect the main characters in the book and their decisions?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)