|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the task of Ty's settlement?
2. What is being halted until the settlers complete their task?
3. Who wants to check out Ty when he gets home after following Shade?
4. Where does Ty see Shade after trying to follow him?
5. Where does Ty run into the outlaw leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused a change in Gemma's brother?
2. What kind of collection does Ty have?
3. What happens after Gemma explains to Ty why she is looking for her brother?
4. What advice does Jibby give Ty and Gemma?
5. What do Eel and Pretty want to know from Ty?
6. What does Ty jokingly say is Zoe's Dark Gift?
7. What does Ty do when he first gets to Hewitt's parent's homestead?
8. Why does Ty decide to try and follow the gang leader?
9. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
10. What does the ranger do for Ty at the saloon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between the settlers and the gang affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)