|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Specter?
2. What is being halted until the settlers complete their task?
3. Where does Ty see Shade after trying to follow him?
4. How does Ty get back to his house after following Shade?
5. How do Ty's parents feel when he gets home after following Shade?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ty meet Gemma?
2. What does the term Gem of the Sea mean?
3. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
4. Why does Gemma say she is searching for her brother?
5. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
6. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
7. What happens after Gemma explains to Ty why she is looking for her brother?
8. What does Jibby do at the Peavey's house that makes Ty jealous?
9. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
10. What kind of collection does Ty have?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Shade, and how does his character affect the main characters in the book and their decisions?
Essay Topic 2
This book is set in a futuristic setting. How realistic did this feel to you, and why?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)