|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ty describe the open ocean?
2. How does Ty get back to his house after following Shade?
3. What is the task of Ty's settlement?
4. Who will have to return to the surface until the settlers complete their task?
5. What attacks Ty in the Canyon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ty do when he first gets to Hewitt's parent's homestead?
2. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
3. What is Ty doing at the beginning of the book?
4. What surprise does Ty find as he is leaving the saloon?
5. How are the Topsider children educated?
6. What happens after Gemma explains to Ty why she is looking for her brother?
7. What does Ty jokingly say is Zoe's Dark Gift?
8. How does Ty meet Gemma?
9. What does Gemma do when she hears about the attack on Hewitt's family?
10. What happens when Ty tries to follow the gang leader?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances? How are the characters affected in the scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between the settlers and the gang affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Zoe was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)