|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ty tell Zoe to call when he hears Hewitt's trouble?
2. What does Ty check on as soon as Hewitt's animals are protected?
3. Who wants to check out Ty when he gets home after following Shade?
4. What does Ty see that Doc has been reading about?
5. How does Ty recognize Shade when he sees him after trying to follow him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so strange about the setting of this book?
2. Why does Gemma say she is searching for her brother?
3. How does Gemma say her brother helped her feel good when she was younger?
4. What happens when Ty tries to follow the gang leader?
5. Why does Ty decide to try and follow the gang leader?
6. How does Ty meet Gemma?
7. What does Ty jokingly say is Zoe's Dark Gift?
8. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
9. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
10. What surprise does Ty find as he is leaving the saloon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Zoe was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
This book is set in a futuristic setting. How realistic did this feel to you, and why?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)