|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ty's sister?
2. Gemma ran away from a _____________.
3. What does Zoe do while Hewitt's house is re-inflated?
4. Why does Ty insist on shielding Gemma from Zoe when she gets mad?
5. Where did Gemma get money from when she ran away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of collection does Ty have?
2. What does Ty jokingly say is Zoe's Dark Gift?
3. What happens when Ty tries to follow the gang leader?
4. What caused a change in Gemma's brother?
5. How does Ty meet Gemma?
6. Why does Ty decide to try and follow the gang leader?
7. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
8. What does Gemma tell Ty she is trying to do?
9. What surprise does Ty find as he is leaving the saloon?
10. What happens to Ty as he is about to follow Jibby's advice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Shade, and how does his character affect the main characters in the book and their decisions?
Essay Topic 2
How did Ty's relationship with Gemma change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)