|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does Gemma have?
2. What will happen to Hewitt's house now that the power has been turned off?
3. Who re-inflates Hewitt's house?
4. Where does Ty run into the outlaw leader?
5. What causes Zoe to yell at Gemma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does Ty find as he is leaving the saloon?
2. What happens to Ty as he is about to follow Jibby's advice?
3. How does Ty meet Gemma?
4. What is the Trade Center used for?
5. How are the Topsider children educated?
6. What does Gemma do when she hears about the attack on Hewitt's family?
7. Why does Ty decide to try and follow the gang leader?
8. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
9. Who is Akai?
10. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Zoe was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)