|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ty get his Dark Gift?
2. How long has Jibby been subsea?
3. How does Gemma react to Ty's lie about being at the meeting?
4. What are the settler's discussing in their meeting?
5. What does Zoe do while Hewitt's house is re-inflated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of collection does Ty have?
2. What happens to Ty as he is about to follow Jibby's advice?
3. How are the Topsider children educated?
4. How does Ty meet Gemma?
5. What is so strange about the setting of this book?
6. How does Ty respond to Gemma's demands, and how does she feel about this?
7. What is the Trade Center used for?
8. How does Gemma feel about the idea of life under the sea, and why?
9. What happens when Ty tries to follow the gang leader?
10. How does Ty get away from Eel and Pretty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gemma and Ty were two characters who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 2
This book is set in a futuristic setting. How realistic did this feel to you, and why?
Essay Topic 3
How did Ty's relationship with Gemma change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)