|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ty see that Doc has been reading about?
2. What does Shurl do to celebrate when Lars recovers?
3. How did Ty get his Dark Gift?
4. Who does Ty tell Zoe to call when he hears Hewitt's trouble?
5. What is the Specter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ty respond to Gemma's demands, and how does she feel about this?
2. What is so strange about the setting of this book?
3. What does Gemma do when she hears about the attack on Hewitt's family?
4. What happens after Gemma explains to Ty why she is looking for her brother?
5. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
6. How does Ty get away from Eel and Pretty?
7. What advice does Jibby give Ty and Gemma?
8. What happens to Ty as he is about to follow Jibby's advice?
9. What kind of collection does Ty have?
10. How does Ty meet Gemma?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book when the trial for Shade was presented. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Topsiders view life under the sea, and how accurate were these ideas?
Essay Topic 3
How did the relationship between the settlers and the gang affect the main characters in the book?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)