|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to let Gemma stay at Ty's house?
2. For whom is Gemma looking?
3. Who wants to check out Ty when he gets home after following Shade?
4. What keeps predators away from Ty's house?
5. What type of people make up the gang?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gemma say she validates taking money when she left?
2. Why does Gemma say she is searching for her brother?
3. What does Gemma do when she hears about the attack on Hewitt's family?
4. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
5. What caused a change in Gemma's brother?
6. What advice does Jibby give Ty and Gemma?
7. Why does Gemma want Ty to take her to a saloon?
8. What surprise does Ty find as he is leaving the saloon?
9. What happens when Ty tries to follow the gang leader?
10. What does Ty jokingly say is Zoe's Dark Gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Shade, and how does his character affect the main characters in the book and their decisions?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What are Dark Gifts, and how did they shape this plot?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)