|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pool is in Ty's house?
2. What does Gemma do when she hears of Hewitt's trouble?
3. Why does Ty say he has come to the meeting?
4. What state is Hewitt's father in when Ty finds him?
5. Who takes Gemma below decks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of collection does Ty have?
2. Why does Gemma say she is searching for her brother?
3. Why does Ty decide to try and follow the gang leader?
4. What surprise does Ty find as he is leaving the saloon?
5. What caused a change in Gemma's brother?
6. What is the Trade Center used for?
7. What do Eel and Pretty want to know from Ty?
8. What does Ty jokingly say is Zoe's Dark Gift?
9. What is Ty doing at the beginning of the book?
10. What is so strange about the setting of this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Dark Gifts, and how did they shape this plot?
Essay Topic 2
Gemma and Ty were two characters who were very similar in their natures, but were markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)