|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen to Hewitt's house now that the power has been turned off?
2. What is the name of Hewitt's mother?
3. What does Ty tell Gemma to dress like?
4. What is the name of the outlaw leader?
5. Who re-inflates Hewitt's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ty get away from Eel and Pretty?
2. How does Gemma feel about the idea of life under the sea, and why?
3. What happens when Ty tries to follow the gang leader?
4. Why does Gemma say she is searching for her brother?
5. What do Eel and Pretty want to know from Ty?
6. How does Gemma say she validates taking money when she left?
7. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
8. What is Ty doing at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Ty jokingly say is Zoe's Dark Gift?
10. What is so strange about the setting of this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between the settlers and the gang affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book when the trial for Shade was presented. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Shade, and how does his character affect the main characters in the book and their decisions?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)