|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does Gemma have?
2. What color is the hair of the first man Gemma talks to in the saloon?
3. What does the Seablite Gang prey on?
4. Who attacked Hewitt?
5. What is Hewitt's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
2. How does Ty get away from Eel and Pretty?
3. What is Ty doing at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Mrs. Spinner say about Gemma's brother?
5. What does Gemma do when Doc is explaining his plans for Ty?
6. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
7. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
8. What does Gemma tell Ty she is trying to do?
9. What caused a change in Gemma's brother?
10. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book when the trial for Shade was presented. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Zoe was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)