|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who re-inflates Hewitt's house?
2. Whom does Gemma try to pickpocket?
3. What is the task of Ty's settlement?
4. What does Zoe do while Hewitt's house is re-inflated?
5. What is the Specter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
2. What does Gemma do when she hears about the attack on Hewitt's family?
3. What do Eel and Pretty want to know from Ty?
4. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
5. What is Ty doing at the beginning of the book?
6. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
7. What does Doc say that ruins all of Gemma's plans and hopes?
8. How does Gemma almost die at the end of the book?
9. What does Gemma tell Ty she is trying to do?
10. What happens when Ty tries to follow the gang leader?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Shade, and how does his character affect the main characters in the book and their decisions?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)