|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is falsley marked as a science lab in the ocean?
2. Who explains where the gang started?
3. What does the term Topsider mean?
4. Why is Gemma surprised when Ty finds her vehicle?
5. What does Ty run into with his Mantaboard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ty jokingly say is Zoe's Dark Gift?
2. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
3. How does Ty get away from Eel and Pretty?
4. How are the Topsider children educated?
5. What advice does Jibby give Ty and Gemma?
6. How does Ty respond to Gemma's demands, and how does she feel about this?
7. What is Ty doing at the beginning of the book?
8. How does Gemma say her brother helped her feel good when she was younger?
9. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
10. Why does Gemma say she is searching for her brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Dark Gifts, and how did they shape this plot?
Essay Topic 2
How did Ty's relationship with Gemma change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)