|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Hewitt's father in when Ty finds him?
2. Where does Ty put Hewitt's animals?
3. For whom does Benson work?
4. What does Ty check on as soon as Hewitt's animals are protected?
5. What does Ty see that Doc has been reading about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gemma tell Ty she is trying to do?
2. What happens when Ty tries to follow the gang leader?
3. What happens to Ty as he is about to follow Jibby's advice?
4. What does the ranger do for Ty at the saloon?
5. How does Ty get away from Eel and Pretty?
6. Why does Gemma want Ty to take her to a saloon?
7. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
8. What is the Trade Center used for?
9. How does Ty meet Gemma?
10. How does Gemma say her brother helped her feel good when she was younger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances? How are the characters affected in the scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How did Ty's relationship with Gemma change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Shade, and how does his character affect the main characters in the book and their decisions?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)