|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hewitt's last name?
2. Why does Ty decide to follow the gang leader?
3. How did Ty get his Dark Gift?
4. What does Ty's sister beg him not to do in their house?
5. Who spots the Specter on the way to Hewitt's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
2. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
3. Who is Akai?
4. Why does Ty decide to try and follow the gang leader?
5. What does Mrs. Spinner say about Gemma's brother?
6. What happens after Gemma explains to Ty why she is looking for her brother?
7. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
8. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
9. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
10. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book when the trial for Shade was presented. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Topsiders view life under the sea, and how accurate were these ideas?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)