|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ty live?
2. How many people can ride a Mantaboard?
3. What is Doc analyzing in his lab?
4. Why is Gemma surprised when Ty finds her vehicle?
5. Where does Gemma plan to stay while under the ocean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of collection does Ty have?
2. What caused a change in Gemma's brother?
3. What do Eel and Pretty want to know from Ty?
4. What happens to Ty as he is about to follow Jibby's advice?
5. Why does Ty decide to try and follow the gang leader?
6. What does Ty do when he first gets to Hewitt's parent's homestead?
7. What does Gemma tell Ty she is trying to do?
8. How does Ty get away from Eel and Pretty?
9. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
10. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did this book show parallels to western society, and how did this affect the tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Who was the main villain in this book? Why was this so surprising?
Essay Topic 3
Zoe was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)