|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Doc analyzing in his lab?
2. What is the task of Ty's settlement?
3. What is the name of Ty's sister?
4. What is the name of the outlaw leader?
5. Who explains where the gang started?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
2. What does Gemma do when she hears about the attack on Hewitt's family?
3. How does Gemma say her brother helped her feel good when she was younger?
4. What does Gemma tell Ty she is trying to do?
5. How does Gemma feel about the idea of life under the sea, and why?
6. How does Ty meet Gemma?
7. What does the ranger do for Ty at the saloon?
8. What happens after Gemma explains to Ty why she is looking for her brother?
9. What advice does Jibby give Ty and Gemma?
10. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zoe was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
This book is set in a futuristic setting. How realistic did this feel to you, and why?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)