|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zoe do while Hewitt's house is re-inflated?
2. Why does Ty decide to follow the gang leader?
3. Who explains where the gang started?
4. What protects Ty's family's store of fish?
5. Where does Ty put Hewitt's animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ty meet Gemma?
2. What surprise does Ty find as he is leaving the saloon?
3. How does Gemma feel about the idea of life under the sea, and why?
4. Why does Gemma say she is searching for her brother?
5. How does Ty respond to Gemma's demands, and how does she feel about this?
6. What do Eel and Pretty want to know from Ty?
7. What happens after Gemma explains to Ty why she is looking for her brother?
8. Why does Ty decide to try and follow the gang leader?
9. Why does Gemma want Ty to take her to a saloon?
10. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
How did this book show parallels to western society, and how did this affect the tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Zoe was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)