|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attacks Ty in the Canyon?
2. What does the term Topsider mean?
3. What is strange about Shade's skin?
4. What does Ty see that Doc has been reading about?
5. How does Ty recognize Shade when he sees him after trying to follow him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gemma say she validates taking money when she left?
2. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
3. What does Ty do when he first gets to Hewitt's parent's homestead?
4. What do Eel and Pretty want to know from Ty?
5. What is so strange about the setting of this book?
6. Why does Ty decide to try and follow the gang leader?
7. What happens to Ty as he is about to follow Jibby's advice?
8. What surprise does Ty find as he is leaving the saloon?
9. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
10. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Responsibility and coming of age were two themes that were interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)