|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gemma ran away from a _____________.
2. Who offers to let Gemma stay at Ty's house?
3. What gets wrapped around Gemma while Hewitt's house is re-inflated?
4. What is the Specter?
5. How does Ty describe the first man Gemma talks to in the saloon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gemma want Ty to take her to a saloon?
2. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
3. What do Eel and Pretty want to know from Ty?
4. Why does Gemma say she is searching for her brother?
5. What happens after Gemma explains to Ty why she is looking for her brother?
6. What is Ty doing at the beginning of the book?
7. What does the ranger do for Ty at the saloon?
8. How does Gemma say she validates taking money when she left?
9. What happens when Ty tries to follow the gang leader?
10. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book is set in a futuristic setting. How realistic did this feel to you, and why?
Essay Topic 2
How did Ty's relationship with Gemma change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are Dark Gifts, and how did they shape this plot?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)