|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ty live?
2. What is the task of Ty's settlement?
3. Who offers to let Gemma stay at Ty's house?
4. What keeps predators away from Ty's house?
5. How does Ty feel about his Dark Gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ty tries to follow the gang leader?
2. What surprise does Ty find as he is leaving the saloon?
3. Why does Ty decide to try and follow the gang leader?
4. How does Ty get away from Eel and Pretty?
5. What does Ty jokingly say is Zoe's Dark Gift?
6. What does Gemma do when she hears about the attack on Hewitt's family?
7. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
8. What is so strange about the setting of this book?
9. What kind of collection does Ty have?
10. What does the ranger do for Ty at the saloon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book when the trial for Shade was presented. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)