|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shade respond when Gemma asks if she can live with him?
2. How does Eel destroy the viewphone?
(a) He transforms it.
(b) He shocks it.
(c) He short circuits it.
(d) He steps on it.
3. What does Ty teach Gemma to do to get used to the ocean?
(a) Breathe underwater.
(c) Talk to fish.
4. How does Shade show he is giving Ty another chance?
(a) He gives him a shock.
(b) He shakes his hand.
(c) He lets him live.
(d) He promises to leave Gemma alone.
5. Who discredited Doc?
(a) Some patients.
(b) His family.
(c) The government.
(d) His colleagues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gemma kick off her disguise?
2. How does Ty communicate with some fish?
3. Who is with Ty when he sees the prison?
4. From whom did Gemma steal an ID card?
5. Who questions Ty after Shade leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
2. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
3. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
4. How does Zoe protect Ty?
5. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
6. What happens when Ty admits to having a Dark Gift?
7. How does Shade defend the actions of his gang?
8. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
9. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
10. How does Ty get to Gemma faster when Doc escapes with her?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)