|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shade show he is giving Ty another chance?
(a) He promises to leave Gemma alone.
(b) He gives him a shock.
(c) He shakes his hand.
(d) He lets him live.
2. What favor does Shade do for Gemma before leaving?
(a) Signs her emancipation.
(b) Gives her money.
(c) Lets Ty marry her.
(d) Fakes her death.
3. What causes Ty to run out of the infirmary?
(a) A nurse brings in a needle.
(b) Doc wants to take his vitals.
(c) He remembers Zoe is in trouble.
(d) He hears Gemma screaming.
4. What does Ty tell Doc at the Peavey's house?
(a) Shade is not albino.
(b) Gemma's brother is in the gang.
(c) Gemma knows about his Dark Gift.
(d) The prison held children.
5. How did Shade fake his own death?
(a) Froze bags of his blood.
(b) Bled a fish.
(c) Changed the DNA on file.
(d) Killed another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes Ty home from the prison?
2. What is Grimes's job?
3. What does Ty teach Gemma to do to get used to the ocean?
4. Where was Ty born?
5. What animal rescues the settlers when there is a crack in the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zoe protect Ty?
2. What does Ty see on the walls of some of the bunks in the prison?
3. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
4. What happens when Ty admits to having a Dark Gift?
5. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
6. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
7. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
8. What does Jibby do at the Peavey's house that makes Ty jealous?
9. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
10. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)