|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Shade do for Gemma before leaving?
(a) Signs her emancipation.
(b) Gives her money.
(c) Lets Ty marry her.
(d) Fakes her death.
2. What does Gemma help unload at the Peavey's farm?
(b) Oxygen tanks.
3. What does Ty get from Grimes?
(a) The key.
(b) A map.
(c) A sub contract.
(d) Some money.
4. Why does Gemma scream when Ty is listening to some music?
(a) She is very upset.
(b) It reminds her of her brother.
(c) She thinks it is a ghost.
(d) It is like an old memory.
5. What kind of cage is Ty locked in?
(a) Shark cage.
(b) Dog cage.
(c) Fish cage.
(d) Prison cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shade respond when Gemma asks if she can live with him?
2. How is Gemma's life saved?
3. Who does Ty say needs to govern the settlers?
4. What do Ty's parents plan to protect when something appears above their house?
5. Where does Doc say Gemma's brother died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doc say that ruins all of Gemma's plans and hopes?
2. What does Doc say to Ty's parents after the attack by Shade?
3. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
4. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
5. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
6. What does the term Gem of the Sea mean?
7. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
8. What happens when Ty admits to having a Dark Gift?
9. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
10. What has Doc been planning for Ty?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)