|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ty use to cut Shae free?
(a) A fish hook.
(b) His Dark Gift.
(c) Gemma's knife.
(d) A harpoon.
2. How did Shade hide who he was from Gemma for so long?
(a) He changed his voice.
(b) He stayed in the shadows.
(c) He is a shape shifter.
(d) He never looked her in the eye.
3. What is Eel's Dark Gift?
(b) Temperature control.
4. What happens in the house when Gemma is running away just before something appears above the house?
(a) The air cuts out.
(b) The lights go out.
(c) The water gets hot.
(d) Everything freezes.
5. How did Shade fake his own death?
(a) Killed another man.
(b) Changed the DNA on file.
(c) Bled a fish.
(d) Froze bags of his blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shade injure Ty in the house?
2. Who is the last person out when there is a crack in the wall?
3. What appears above the house as Gemma is running away?
4. What causes the crack in the wall for the settlers?
5. Who shoots Shade with a tranquilizer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
2. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
3. What does Doc say to Ty's parents after the attack by Shade?
4. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
5. What does Mrs. Spinner say about Gemma's brother?
6. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
7. What does Ty see on the walls of some of the bunks in the prison?
8. What caused Doc to be sent subsea?
9. What do Raj and Lars want to do about the outlaws?
10. What does Gemma do when Doc is explaining his plans for Ty?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)