|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gemma ask of Ty before she runs away again?
(a) For stalling time.
(b) For a message to be sent to her mother.
(c) For him to come with her.
(d) For prayers in her behalf.
2. What does Ty give Gemma when she is running away again?
(c) All of these.
3. Why is Shade so surprised to see Ty at the saloon?
(a) He thought he was scared.
(b) He thought he was dead.
(c) He knows he is too young.
(d) He knows he has a job.
4. How does Eel destroy the viewphone?
(a) He steps on it.
(b) He shocks it.
(c) He short circuits it.
(d) He transforms it.
5. Where does Doc say Gemma's brother died?
(a) The submarine.
(b) The prison.
(c) The saloon.
(d) The dark cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions Ty after Shade leaves?
2. Who does Ty say needs to govern the settlers?
3. How is the prison different than other undersea structures?
4. How does Shade respond when Gemma asks if she can live with him?
5. What does Ty tell Doc at the Peavey's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gemma almost die at the end of the book?
2. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
3. What does Ty see on the walls of some of the bunks in the prison?
4. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
5. What does Gemma do when Doc is explaining his plans for Ty?
6. What does Gemma ask of Ty as Jibby takes her away?
7. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
8. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
9. What caused Doc to be sent subsea?
10. What does the term Gem of the Sea mean?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)