|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ty give Gemma when she is running away again?
(d) All of these.
2. What is Zoe's dark gift?
(a) Sound waves.
(c) Temperature control.
(d) Electric shock.
3. What kind of cage is Ty locked in?
(a) Dog cage.
(b) Shark cage.
(c) Fish cage.
(d) Prison cell.
4. What does Ty see coming towards Gemma while she is kicking off her disguise?
(a) A white form.
(b) A black shadow.
(c) A school of fish.
(d) Some strange bubbles.
5. What is Ms. Spinner's job?
(a) Child psychologist.
(c) Grief therapist.
(d) Boarding house head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last person out when there is a crack in the wall?
2. How did Shade fake his own death?
3. What does Ty use to cut Shae free?
4. How does Ms. Spinner contact Ty?
5. Who turns on the emergency lantern when Shade is shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
2. What has Doc been planning for Ty?
3. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
4. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
5. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
6. What does Jibby do at the Peavey's house that makes Ty jealous?
7. What does Shade say about children living under the sea?
8. What does Gemma do when Doc is explaining his plans for Ty?
9. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
10. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)