|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Specter throw over Ty's ship?
(a) A net.
(b) Strange bubbles.
(c) A cloaking device.
2. What is Grimes's job?
(a) Bounty hunter.
(c) Bar tender.
3. What does Ty do when the Specter throws something over Ty's ship?
(a) He turns on the heating coils.
(b) He abandons it.
(c) He leaves Gemma there.
(d) He surrenders.
4. What appears above the house as Gemma is running away?
(a) The Specter.
(b) The policemen.
(c) A whale.
(d) A shark.
5. What does Shade say when he hear where Ty was born?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is disgusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zoe's dark gift?
2. How does Shade injure Ty in the house?
3. How did Shade fake his own death?
4. Who saves Gemma's life?
5. Who is the last person out when there is a crack in the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
2. How does Ty get to Gemma faster when Doc escapes with her?
3. What happens when Ty admits to having a Dark Gift?
4. What does the term Gem of the Sea mean?
5. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
6. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
7. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
8. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
9. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
10. What does Shade say about children living under the sea?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)