|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ty communicate with some fish?
(a) He has hand signals.
(b) He uses sonar.
(c) He has an electric gift.
(d) He uses bubbles.
2. How does Eel destroy the viewphone?
(a) He transforms it.
(b) He shocks it.
(c) He steps on it.
(d) He short circuits it.
3. What action does Shade use to show Gemma he loves her?
(a) He signs I Love You to her.
(b) He presses his fist to his heart.
(c) He blows her a kiss.
(d) He wipes away a tear.
4. Why does Ty say Shade owes him a favor?
(a) He saved his life.
(b) He protected his sister.
(c) He revealed his secret.
(d) He got rid of Doc.
5. Who does Ty say needs to govern the settlers?
(a) The school system.
(b) The outlaws.
(c) The Commonwealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns on the emergency lantern when Shade is shot?
2. What is Ty told to protect when something appears above the house?
3. Where does Gemma kick off her disguise?
4. Where is the Benthic Territory located?
5. Whom does Ty see clinging to an elevator cable?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
2. How does Gemma almost die at the end of the book?
3. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
4. What does the term Gem of the Sea mean?
5. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
6. What does Doc say to Ty's parents after the attack by Shade?
7. What does Ty's mother say while talking to Mrs. Spinner?
8. What news do Ty's parents have for him when he leaves the hospital?
9. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
10. How does Zoe protect Ty?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)