|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ty's parents put on when something appears above the house?
(a) Battle gear.
(b) Black clothing.
(c) Their uniforms.
2. What is Grimes's job?
(c) Bounty hunter.
(d) Bar tender.
3. Who does Ty say needs to govern the settlers?
(b) The outlaws.
(c) The school system.
(d) The Commonwealth.
4. Who shoots Shade with a tranquilizer?
5. What is Gemma's brother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the crack in the wall for the settlers?
2. What is Ty's dark gift?
3. How does Raj plan to deal with Shade?
4. How did Shade hide who he was from Gemma for so long?
5. What does Grimes say he is not interested in when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
2. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
3. What is Ty's Dark Gift?
4. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
5. What caused Doc to be sent subsea?
6. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
7. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
8. What does the term Gem of the Sea mean?
9. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
10. What does Ty see on the walls of some of the bunks in the prison?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)