|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color eyes does Ty see watching Gemma as she kicks off her disguise?
2. Why does Ty say Shade owes him a favor?
(a) He saved his life.
(b) He revealed his secret.
(c) He got rid of Doc.
(d) He protected his sister.
3. Who discredited Doc?
(a) His family.
(b) Some patients.
(c) The government.
(d) His colleagues.
4. What kind of cage is Ty locked in?
(a) Shark cage.
(b) Dog cage.
(c) Prison cell.
(d) Fish cage.
5. Who does Ty say needs to govern the settlers?
(a) The outlaws.
(b) The school system.
(d) The Commonwealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What music does Ty hear after Gemma realizes her brother was in Seablite?
2. Why does Ty get something from Grimes?
3. Why does Gemma scream when Ty is listening to some music?
4. What is Ty told to protect when something appears above the house?
5. What is Eel's Dark Gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zoe protect Ty?
2. What does the term Gem of the Sea mean?
3. How does Gemma almost die at the end of the book?
4. How does Ty save all the settlers when the wall cracks open?
5. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
6. What does Gemma say about Ty's looks, and how does this make him feel?
7. What does Mrs. Spinner say about Gemma's brother?
8. Why is Gemma happy to hear that Ty doesn't understand why people are interested in him?
9. What does Ty see on the walls of some of the bunks in the prison?
10. What is so ironic about Doc being the villain of the book?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)