|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the thing coming towards Gemma as she is kicking off her disguise?
(a) Shade makes a signal.
(b) Ty comes over to her.
(c) A ranger appears.
(d) A ship passes by.
2. What do Ty's parents put on when something appears above the house?
(a) Black clothing.
(c) Their uniforms.
(d) Battle gear.
3. What does the Specter throw over Ty's ship?
(b) A cloaking device.
(c) A net.
(d) Strange bubbles.
4. Why was Doc discredited?
(a) He stopped working with Dark Gifts.
(b) He helped the prisoners escape.
(c) He made new experiments.
(d) He spoke out about the prison.
5. What does Ty give Gemma when she is running away again?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Shade so surprised to see Ty at the saloon?
2. What does Ty do when he sees the prison?
3. What animal rescues the settlers when there is a crack in the wall?
4. What does Ty tell Doc at the Peavey's house?
5. Who discredited Doc?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ty describe the task given to the people in the subsea prison?
2. What were the prisoners forced to do in the subsea prison?
3. What does Shade do that makes Grimes run away?
4. How does Ty get to Gemma faster when Doc escapes with her?
5. What does Ty say the settlers should do when the government refuses to continue helping them?
6. Why does Shade get upset with Ty?
7. What does Ty see on the walls of some of the bunks in the prison?
8. How does Ty stop Doc from shooting Shade a second time?
9. How does Gemma almost die at the end of the book?
10. How does Shade defend the actions of his gang?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)