|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pool is in Ty's house?
2. For whom is Gemma looking?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
3. What does Ty tell Gemma to dress like?
(a) A sea liver.
(b) A boy.
(c) An older woman.
(d) A child.
4. Gemma ran away from a _____________.
(a) Day camp.
(c) Relative's house.
(d) Boarding school.
5. Why does Ty not want to mention the outlaws when he comes to the meeting?
(a) Benson is there.
(b) He doesn't want to scare Gemma.
(c) His father hates hearing about outlaws.
(d) He doesn't want to make things worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the task of Ty's settlement?
2. How old is Hewitt?
3. How does Ty describe the open ocean?
4. What does Ty see that Doc has been reading about?
5. Who re-inflates Hewitt's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
2. How does Ty get away from Eel and Pretty?
3. How does Ty respond to Gemma's demands, and how does she feel about this?
4. How does Gemma feel about the idea of life under the sea, and why?
5. How does Gemma say her brother helped her feel good when she was younger?
6. Why does Gemma want Ty to take her to a saloon?
7. What advice does Jibby give Ty and Gemma?
8. What does Ty jokingly say is Zoe's Dark Gift?
9. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
10. What happens after Gemma explains to Ty why she is looking for her brother?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)