|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ty recognize Shade when he sees him after trying to follow him?
(a) The color of his skin.
(b) The way he walks.
(c) The look in his eyes.
(d) The shape of his skull.
2. Where does Ty get some clothes for Gemma?
(a) The poor bag.
(b) The garbage.
(c) The lost and found.
(d) The store.
3. Ty's house is shaped like __________.
(a) A boat.
(b) A castle.
(c) A jelly fish.
(d) A net.
4. How many levels is the saloon built on?
5. How did Ty get his Dark Gift?
(a) Being raised undersea.
(b) It is hereditary.
(c) Taking a pill.
(d) Training with a mentor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Gemma below decks?
2. Where do Ty and Gemma go together?
3. How does Gemma react to Ty's lie about being at the meeting?
4. How does Gemma explain to Ty where she got her money?
5. What keeps predators away from Ty's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gemma feel about the idea of life under the sea, and why?
2. What does Gemma do when she hears about the attack on Hewitt's family?
3. What does Gemma tell Ty she is trying to do?
4. What is Ty doing at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Gemma say she is searching for her brother?
6. Why does Gemma want Ty to take her to a saloon?
7. What does Ty jokingly say is Zoe's Dark Gift?
8. How does Ty get away from Eel and Pretty?
9. How does Gemma say she validates taking money when she left?
10. What happens to Ty as he is about to follow Jibby's advice?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)