|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Seablite Gang prey on?
(a) Young women.
(b) The elderly.
(c) Borderline farmlands.
(d) Government vessels.
2. Why is Gemma trying to pickpocket someone?
(a) To get some money.
(b) To get into the saloon.
(c) To not be bored.
(d) To prove her worth.
3. What does Ty's sister beg him not to do in their house?
(a) Kill the serpent.
(b) Give up her room to Gemma.
(c) Go missing.
(d) Bring girls to his room.
4. Ty's house is shaped like __________.
(a) A net.
(b) A castle.
(c) A jelly fish.
(d) A boat.
5. How does Ty get back to his house after following Shade?
(a) He uses a distress signal.
(b) He swims.
(c) He grabs onto a large tuna.
(d) He finds a mantaboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ty check on as soon as Hewitt's animals are protected?
2. What are the settler's discussing in their meeting?
3. What gets wrapped around Gemma while Hewitt's house is re-inflated?
4. Whom does Ty hide from in the saloon?
5. Why does Ty say he has come to the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ty tries to follow the gang leader?
2. What is so strange about the setting of this book?
3. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
4. How does Gemma feel about the idea of life under the sea, and why?
5. How does Ty respond to Gemma's demands, and how does she feel about this?
6. What is Ty doing at the beginning of the book?
7. What surprise does Ty find as he is leaving the saloon?
8. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
9. What advice does Jibby give Ty and Gemma?
10. What happens after Gemma explains to Ty why she is looking for her brother?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)