|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ty tell Gemma to dress like?
(a) An older woman.
(b) A sea liver.
(c) A child.
(d) A boy.
2. What does Ty see that Doc has been reading about?
(a) The gang.
(b) Dark Gifts.
(c) Under sea mining.
(d) Topsider trading.
3. Who takes Gemma below decks?
4. How does Ty trap an outlaw?
(a) He lowers a fishing net.
(b) He rips off the oxygen tube.
(c) He pulls an alarm.
(d) He closes an airlock door on his arm.
5. Where does Gemma plan to stay while under the ocean?
(a) Her mini-sub.
(b) Lars's house.
(c) A berth in the Trade Center.
(d) The Commonwealth house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the hair of the first man Gemma talks to in the saloon?
2. Gemma ran away from a _____________.
3. What does the Seablite Gang prey on?
4. What is being halted until the settlers complete their task?
5. Who offers to let Gemma stay at Ty's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ty meet Gemma?
2. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
3. How does Gemma say her brother helped her feel good when she was younger?
4. Who is Akai?
5. Why does Gemma want Ty to take her to a saloon?
6. Why does Gemma say she is searching for her brother?
7. What is so strange about the setting of this book?
8. What happens to Ty as he is about to follow Jibby's advice?
9. What happens when Ty tries to follow the gang leader?
10. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)