|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ty not tell his parents when he gets home from following Shade?
(a) He was shot at.
(b) All of these.
(c) He followed Shade.
(d) He lost his mantaboard.
2. Why does Ty decide to follow the gang leader?
(a) To get Hewitt's property back.
(b) To get the reward.
(c) To find where the hideout is.
(d) To fight him.
3. What does the Seablite Gang prey on?
(a) Government vessels.
(b) Borderline farmlands.
(c) The elderly.
(d) Young women.
4. Who will have to return to the surface until the settlers complete their task?
(a) Ms. Karly.
(b) Mrs. Karmen.
(c) Mr. Karrow.
(d) Dr. Kunze.
5. What does Ty tell Gemma to dress like?
(a) A sea liver.
(b) An older woman.
(c) A child.
(d) A boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gemma do when she hears of Hewitt's trouble?
2. What color is the hair of the first man Gemma talks to in the saloon?
3. Where does Ty put Hewitt's animals?
4. Where does Ty see Shade after trying to follow him?
5. What is the task of Ty's settlement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ty as he is about to follow Jibby's advice?
2. How are the Topsider children educated?
3. What is Ty doing at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Ty meet Gemma?
5. What does Gemma tell Ty she is trying to do?
6. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
7. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
8. What kind of collection does Ty have?
9. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
10. Why does Gemma want Ty to take her to a saloon?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)