|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ty hide from in the saloon?
(a) His mother.
2. What is Hewitt's last name?
3. What does Ty see that Doc has been reading about?
(a) Under sea mining.
(b) The gang.
(c) Dark Gifts.
(d) Topsider trading.
4. What does Gemma do when she hears of Hewitt's trouble?
(a) Insists on helping.
(b) Tries to get away.
(c) Asks to take pictures.
(d) Has a panic attack.
5. For whom is Gemma looking?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ty see Shade after trying to follow him?
2. What type of people make up the gang?
3. What does Ty run into with his Mantaboard?
4. Whom does Gemma try to pickpocket?
5. What are the settler's discussing in their meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so strange about the setting of this book?
2. How does Ty get away from Eel and Pretty?
3. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
4. What does Gemma do when she hears about the attack on Hewitt's family?
5. How are the Topsider children educated?
6. How does Ty meet Gemma?
7. What happens when Ty tries to follow the gang leader?
8. How does Gemma say she validates taking money when she left?
9. What does Gemma tell Ty she is trying to do?
10. How does Gemma say her brother helped her feel good when she was younger?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)