|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gemma explain to Ty where she got her money?
(a) Her brother sent it to her.
(b) She needed it.
(c) She worked for it.
(d) It was owed her.
2. What is the name of Hewitt's father?
3. Who takes Gemma below decks?
4. What causes Zoe to yell at Gemma?
(a) She hurts an octopus.
(b) She doesn't tell anyone when a snake bites her.
(c) She knocks over the generator.
(d) She says something mean to Ty.
5. What does Ty tell Gemma about Dark gifts?
(a) They are myths.
(b) They are common.
(c) They are not to be joked about.
(d) They are necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ty's house is shaped like __________.
2. What is falsley marked as a science lab in the ocean?
3. How do Ty's parents feel when he gets home after following Shade?
4. What is the Specter?
5. What state is Hewitt's father in when Ty finds him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Eel and Pretty want to know from Ty?
2. How does Gemma say she validates taking money when she left?
3. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
4. Who is Akai?
5. How are the Topsider children educated?
6. What is Ty doing at the beginning of the book?
7. How does Ty respond to Gemma's demands, and how does she feel about this?
8. Why does Gemma want Ty to take her to a saloon?
9. How does Ty get away from Eel and Pretty?
10. Why does Gemma say she is searching for her brother?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)