|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gemma get money from when she ran away?
(a) She picked pockets.
(b) She withdrew her inheritance.
(c) She robbed a store.
(d) She stole it from the school.
2. What is the name of Hewitt's mother?
3. What attacks Ty in the Canyon?
(a) A gang member.
(b) A dog.
(c) A shark.
(d) A manta ray.
4. What work will have to stop until the settlers complete their task?
(b) Safety Zoning.
(c) Homesteader recruitment.
(d) Housing subsidizing.
5. Why does Ty decide to follow the gang leader?
(a) To get Hewitt's property back.
(b) To fight him.
(c) To find where the hideout is.
(d) To get the reward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protects Ty's family's store of fish?
2. What keeps predators away from Ty's house?
3. What does Ty take from the infirmary?
4. Ty's house is shaped like __________.
5. Who explains where the gang started?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ty as he is about to follow Jibby's advice?
2. How are the Topsider children educated?
3. What is so strange about the setting of this book?
4. Where did the gang come from in the beginning?
5. How does Ty meet Gemma?
6. What does Gemma tell Ty she loves so much about his community?
7. What does Gemma do when she hears about the attack on Hewitt's family?
8. What do Eel and Pretty want to know from Ty?
9. Where does Gemma say she got her knife?
10. How does Gemma say her brother helped her feel good when she was younger?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)