|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ty call when he sees Grimes unconscious?
(b) His mother.
2. What does Ty teach Gemma to do to get used to the ocean?
(a) Talk to fish.
(d) Breathe underwater.
3. What was Gemma on a waiting list for when she ran away?
(a) A foster family.
(b) A better apartment.
(c) A new school.
(d) A transfer of jobs.
4. What does Ty tell Doc at the Peavey's house?
(a) The prison held children.
(b) Gemma's brother is in the gang.
(c) Shade is not albino.
(d) Gemma knows about his Dark Gift.
5. Where was Ty born?
(b) On the shore.
(d) In a boat.
6. What kind of cage is Ty locked in?
(a) Shark cage.
(b) Fish cage.
(c) Dog cage.
(d) Prison cell.
7. What does Raj leave the Peavey's house to do?
(a) Find the gang.
(b) Tell the ranger.
(c) Send a telegram.
(d) Get ammunition.
8. What does Akai mean?
(a) Strange boy.
(b) Sonar strength.
(c) Dark gift.
(d) Sea born.
9. What does Gemma help unload at the Peavey's farm?
(c) Oxygen tanks.
10. What is Eel's Dark Gift?
(d) Temperature control.
11. What animal rescues the settlers when there is a crack in the wall?
12. What causes Ty to run out of the infirmary?
(a) He remembers Zoe is in trouble.
(b) He hears Gemma screaming.
(c) A nurse brings in a needle.
(d) Doc wants to take his vitals.
13. Who turns on the emergency lantern when Shade is shot?
14. Who shoots Shade with a tranquilizer?
15. How does Gemma know her brother was in Seablite?
(a) His name is on the bunk.
(b) His art is sketched on a wall.
(c) One of her letters is on a table.
(d) Her picture is on the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Shade so surprised to see Ty at the saloon?
2. What does Grimes say he is not interested in when he wakes up?
3. Who locks Ty in a cage?
4. With what does Ty shoot Shade?
5. How does Ms. Spinner contact Ty?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)