|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shade injure Ty in the house?
(a) He breaks his ribs.
(b) He sprains his wrist.
(c) He breaks his toe.
(d) He breaks his nose.
2. How does Ms. Spinner contact Ty?
(a) By telegram.
(b) By package.
(c) By letter.
(d) By viewphone.
3. Whom does Ty call when he sees Grimes unconscious?
(d) His mother.
4. Why does Gemma scream when Ty is listening to some music?
(a) It is like an old memory.
(b) It reminds her of her brother.
(c) She thinks it is a ghost.
(d) She is very upset.
5. What do Ty's parents put on when something appears above the house?
(b) Their uniforms.
(c) Black clothing.
(d) Battle gear.
6. What appears above the house as Gemma is running away?
(a) The Specter.
(b) A shark.
(c) The policemen.
(d) A whale.
7. How is Gemma's life saved?
(a) Sonar is used to communicate with her.
(b) She gets oxygen.
(c) Her heart is shocked.
(d) She gets mouth to mouth.
8. What causes Ty to run out of the infirmary?
(a) He hears Gemma screaming.
(b) He remembers Zoe is in trouble.
(c) Doc wants to take his vitals.
(d) A nurse brings in a needle.
9. Who knew the connection between Shae and Gemma before she did?
10. How does Ty locate Shade inside the house?
(a) He calls his name.
(b) He sends a seeker fish.
(c) He turns on the lights.
(d) He uses sonar.
11. Why does Ty say Shade owes him a favor?
(a) He revealed his secret.
(b) He got rid of Doc.
(c) He protected his sister.
(d) He saved his life.
12. Why is Shade so surprised to see Ty at the saloon?
(a) He knows he has a job.
(b) He thought he was scared.
(c) He thought he was dead.
(d) He knows he is too young.
13. Where does Ty tell Gemma to go when something appears above the house?
(a) Zoe's room.
(b) The storage unit.
(c) The basement.
(d) The mini-sub.
14. What causes the crack in the wall for the settlers?
(a) A harpoon.
(b) An electric shock.
(c) A large whale.
(d) A gun shot.
15. How does Gemma know her brother was in Seablite?
(a) Her picture is on the wall.
(b) His art is sketched on a wall.
(c) One of her letters is on a table.
(d) His name is on the bunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Specter throw over Ty's ship?
2. Whom does Ty see clinging to an elevator cable?
3. Who questions Ty after Shade leaves?
4. What does Ty give Gemma when she is running away again?
5. Who is with Ty when he sees the prison?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)