|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Seablite Gang prey on?
(a) The elderly.
(b) Government vessels.
(c) Borderline farmlands.
(d) Young women.
2. What type of people make up the gang?
(a) Prison escapees.
(b) Hurricane survivors.
(c) College drop outs.
3. Why does Ty not want to mention the outlaws when he comes to the meeting?
(a) Benson is there.
(b) He doesn't want to make things worse.
(c) His father hates hearing about outlaws.
(d) He doesn't want to scare Gemma.
4. Who wants to check out Ty when he gets home after following Shade?
(a) His father.
5. How does Ty feel about his Dark Gift?
(a) He wants to teach others.
(b) He wants to perfect it.
(c) He wants to keep it secret.
(d) He wants to use it to get rich.
6. Where does Ty live?
(a) In a barn.
(b) In the ocean.
(c) In a government agency.
(d) In a hotel.
7. For whom does Benson work?
(a) The outlaws.
(b) The settlers.
(c) The Commonwealth.
(d) The Transitory operations.
8. How does Ty recognize Shade when he sees him after trying to follow him?
(a) The shape of his skull.
(b) The color of his skin.
(c) The look in his eyes.
(d) The way he walks.
9. How does Ty get back to his house after following Shade?
(a) He finds a mantaboard.
(b) He swims.
(c) He grabs onto a large tuna.
(d) He uses a distress signal.
10. Who will have to return to the surface until the settlers complete their task?
(a) Mr. Karrow.
(b) Mrs. Karmen.
(c) Ms. Karly.
(d) Dr. Kunze.
11. What does Ty not tell his parents when he gets home from following Shade?
(a) He was shot at.
(b) All of these.
(c) He followed Shade.
(d) He lost his mantaboard.
12. What is falsley marked as a science lab in the ocean?
13. Where does Ty get some clothes for Gemma?
(a) The store.
(b) The poor bag.
(c) The garbage.
(d) The lost and found.
14. How long has Jibby been subsea?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 1 month.
15. How does Gemma react to Ty's lie about being at the meeting?
(a) She laughs out loud.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She goes along with it.
(d) She seems angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ty see Shade after trying to follow him?
2. How many people can ride a Mantaboard?
3. How does Gemma explain to Ty where she got her money?
4. What is strange about Shade's skin?
5. What is the task of Ty's settlement?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)