|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ty get his Dark Gift?
(a) It is hereditary.
(b) Taking a pill.
(c) Training with a mentor.
(d) Being raised undersea.
2. What does the Seablite Gang prey on?
(a) Government vessels.
(b) Borderline farmlands.
(c) Young women.
(d) The elderly.
3. Where does Ty see Shade after trying to follow him?
(a) The berth.
(b) The Trade Station.
(c) Doc's office.
(d) The saloon.
4. How many people can ride a Mantaboard?
5. Ty's house is shaped like __________.
(a) A jelly fish.
(b) A castle.
(c) A net.
(d) A boat.
6. How long has Jibby been subsea?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 1 month.
7. Who attacked Hewitt?
8. What does Ty check on as soon as Hewitt's animals are protected?
(a) The security system.
(b) The generator.
(c) The air suply.
(d) The scaffolding.
9. What kind of pool is in Ty's house?
10. Why does Ty insist on shielding Gemma from Zoe when she gets mad?
(a) Zoe is trained fighter.
(b) Gemma is small.
(c) Zoe doesn't fight fair.
(d) Gemma is a Topsider.
11. How does Ty know Hewitt?
(a) They go to school together.
(b) He works with his father.
(c) He is dating his sister.
(d) They are neighbors.
12. Who will have to return to the surface until the settlers complete their task?
(a) Dr. Kunze.
(b) Mr. Karrow.
(c) Mrs. Karmen.
(d) Ms. Karly.
13. What causes Zoe to yell at Gemma?
(a) She hurts an octopus.
(b) She says something mean to Ty.
(c) She knocks over the generator.
(d) She doesn't tell anyone when a snake bites her.
14. Who spots the Specter on the way to Hewitt's house?
15. What are the settler's discussing in their meeting?
(a) Some new crops.
(b) The outlaws.
(c) The Commonwealth.
(d) The new settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange about Shade's skin?
2. How do Ty's parents feel when he gets home after following Shade?
3. How does Gemma react to Ty's lie about being at the meeting?
4. What is Doc analyzing in his lab?
5. Where does Ty live?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)