|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ty get his Dark Gift?
(a) Training with a mentor.
(b) Being raised undersea.
(c) Taking a pill.
(d) It is hereditary.
2. Who will have to return to the surface until the settlers complete their task?
(a) Ms. Karly.
(b) Dr. Kunze.
(c) Mrs. Karmen.
(d) Mr. Karrow.
3. What causes Zoe to yell at Gemma?
(a) She knocks over the generator.
(b) She hurts an octopus.
(c) She doesn't tell anyone when a snake bites her.
(d) She says something mean to Ty.
4. What is Hewitt's last name?
5. How many levels is the saloon built on?
6. What is the name of the gang?
(d) Sea Masters.
7. Why is Gemma surprised when Ty finds her vehicle?
(a) It has drifted.
(b) It is very dark.
(c) It is hidden.
(d) It is camoflagued.
8. What does Ty check on as soon as Hewitt's animals are protected?
(a) The generator.
(b) The scaffolding.
(c) The security system.
(d) The air suply.
9. What is the task of Ty's settlement?
(a) To study nature.
(b) To build homes.
(c) To recruit followers.
(d) To catch outlaws.
10. What does Ty run into with his Mantaboard?
(a) A land mark.
(b) A submarine.
(c) A coastal barrier.
(d) A shark.
11. Who attacked Hewitt?
12. Gemma ran away from a _____________.
(b) Day camp.
(c) Relative's house.
(d) Boarding school.
13. Who has given the settlers their task?
(a) The research team.
(c) The commonwealth.
14. Where does Gemma think Dark Gifts started?
(a) The gang.
(b) The strange oxygen.
(c) The take-off to the sea.
(d) The darkness.
15. Where did Gemma get money from when she ran away?
(a) She withdrew her inheritance.
(b) She robbed a store.
(c) She picked pockets.
(d) She stole it from the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hewitt's mother?
2. What is being halted until the settlers complete their task?
3. What protects Ty's family's store of fish?
4. Where does Ty see Shade after trying to follow him?
5. How do Ty's parents feel when he gets home after following Shade?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)