|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Niall tell Larkin after Blair is able to beat him in combat?
2. How does Blair plan to capture one of the vampires?
3. What does Blair check on their way back to the castle?
4. What does Blair have when she walks in Larkin's room?
5. Where do they find the vampires?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the journey to the Dance.
2. What do Larkin and Blair discuss about going back to the woods?
3. Describe the scene when Moira goes to Cian's room.
4. Describe the conversation that Blair has with Larkin's mother.
5. Describe the scene when Lora appears to Blair in a vision.
6. Describe the scene when Blair comes to Larkin's room with a bottle of whiskey.
7. Describe the encounter that Blair and Larkin have with the goddess Morrigan.
8. Describe the conversation that Moira and Blair have at the end of chapter eleven when they are taking supplies to the circle.
9. Describe the scene where Riddock meets with the six members of the circle?
10. What happens when Lora and Blair face each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Which characters seemed to transition easier to the other worlds? Was it easier for Larkin and Moira to go to Ireland or the others to go to Geall? Explain.
2) If you had to choose between bringing a monster to your own world to battle, such as Moira did, or going to a strange land to fight, which would you chose and why?
3) How easy would it be for you to believe in monsters that you currently thought were fiction?
Essay Topic 2
1) Is the fact that these six have become friends so quickly important to know in the story?
2) Speculate on the way the story would have been different if the six had been unable to form bonds?
3) Could the six have worked together and been enemies or antagonists to each other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) What does it say that the humans were helping each other out of the caves when Larkin tried to rescue them rather than leaving one another to die?
2) Which of the characters do you feel believe they will win the battle? Explain.
3) What is the significance of Morrigan? What do you feel she represents?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)