|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Moira and Larkin get back to the woods?
2. What do Larkin and Blair go back out in the woods for?
3. Who kills the second vampire?
4. What does Moira think of in reference to who Cian is?
5. What does Blair want to think about trying to use as an advantage in the coming battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene when Moira goes to Cian's room.
2. Describe the conversation that Moira and Blair have at the end of chapter eleven when they are taking supplies to the circle.
3. Describe the scene where Riddock meets with the six members of the circle?
4. What happens when the group reaches the castle?
5. What happens when Blair reaches the second set of traps?
6. Describe the scene when Lora appears to Blair in a vision.
7. Describe the journey to the Dance.
8. What does Glenna asks Blair to do in Chapter 10?
9. Describe the scene when the demonstration first begins at sunset.
10. What do Larkin and Blair discuss about going back to the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What does it say that the humans were helping each other out of the caves when Larkin tried to rescue them rather than leaving one another to die?
2) Which of the characters do you feel believe they will win the battle? Explain.
3) What is the significance of Morrigan? What do you feel she represents?
Essay Topic 2
1) Pick three of the characters seen in the story and pick out a personal theme that could go with that character. Explain.
2) How did these personal themes add to the story?
3) Were you surprised that you did not see any of the battle occur in this book?
Essay Topic 3
1) What was the significance of there being six members to the circle? Could the author have chosen another number? Speculate on why she chose six main protagonists.
2) What do each of the members of the Circle bring to the group that is unique?
3) Would you say that the circle is even? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)