|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cian tell Blair his contacts found at Jeremy's house?
2. What does Blair say may be the reason Lilith hasn't attacked?
3. What two weapons does Blair tell the men are most effective against vampires?
4. What does Blair tell the young boy that she meets when he says he wants to kill demons?
5. What does Cian find when he reaches the Dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter that Blair and Larkin have with the goddess Morrigan.
2. Describe the scene when the demonstration first begins at sunset.
3. Describe the conversation that Moira and Blair have at the end of chapter eleven when they are taking supplies to the circle.
4. Describe the scene when Blair comes to Larkin's room with a bottle of whiskey.
5. What do the others find when they get Blair to her room?
6. What do Blair and the others find when they go out looking for the vampires?
7. What happens when Blair enters the training room?
8. What happens when Blair reaches the second set of traps?
9. Describe the scene when Moira goes to Cian's room.
10. Describe the scene when Lora appears to Blair in a vision.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Do you feel that survival is a theme of the story? Why or why not?
2) What did you glean from the message that was written in the sky at the end of the story? What was its purpose?
3) What would you call the theme of the story and why?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Moira.
2) What plots in the story do you feel that Moira is included directly in?
3) Do you feel that Moira will have a greater or lesser role in the next book? Why?
Essay Topic 3
1) What was the significance of there being six members to the circle? Could the author have chosen another number? Speculate on why she chose six main protagonists.
2) What do each of the members of the Circle bring to the group that is unique?
3) Would you say that the circle is even? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)