|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Blair plan to capture one of the vampires?
2. What does Blair say to Larkin as Moira first calls her to the field in chapter sixteen when the vampires are brought out?
3. What does Blair tell the young boy that she meets when he says he wants to kill demons?
4. What does Moira think of in reference to who Cian is?
5. What has happened to the family that is in distress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Blair enters the training room?
2. Describe the encounter that Blair and Larkin have with the goddess Morrigan.
3. Describe the conversation that Moira and Blair have at the end of chapter eleven when they are taking supplies to the circle.
4. Describe the scene when Moira goes to Cian's room.
5. What do the others find when they get Blair to her room?
6. Describe the scene when the demonstration first begins at sunset.
7. Describe the scene where Riddock meets with the six members of the circle?
8. What does Glenna asks Blair to do in Chapter 10?
9. Describe the flight that Larkin and Blair take.
10. Describe the journey to the Dance.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Which characters seemed to transition easier to the other worlds? Was it easier for Larkin and Moira to go to Ireland or the others to go to Geall? Explain.
2) If you had to choose between bringing a monster to your own world to battle, such as Moira did, or going to a strange land to fight, which would you chose and why?
3) How easy would it be for you to believe in monsters that you currently thought were fiction?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Blair's personality.
2) Was it necessary to see how badly both her father and Jeremy had hurt her in the way it was shown? Why or why not?
3) Speculate on what it did to Blair to see Jeremy killed.
Essay Topic 3
1) What role do you feel that 'family' played in the story as a theme?
2) Do you feel that Blair's father may be seen in the next story? Why or why not?
3) Do you think it is accurate to have Blair suffering as a child that still seems to be looking for her father's love?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)