|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they find the vampires?
2. What does Cian tell Blair and Larkin that he thinks about the queen's death?
3. What does Moira say that they need to do to help train the men?
4. What does Blair ask Lora before they begin battle?
5. What do Larkin and Blair go back out in the woods for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene where Riddock meets with the six members of the circle?
2. Describe the scene when Blair comes to Larkin's room with a bottle of whiskey.
3. What do Blair and the others find when they go out looking for the vampires?
4. What happens when the group reaches the castle?
5. What do Larkin and Blair discuss about going back to the woods?
6. Describe the scene when Lora appears to Blair in a vision.
7. Describe the flight that Larkin and Blair take.
8. What do the others find when they get Blair to her room?
9. What does Moira do when the vampires are brought out?
10. Describe the scene where Blair is waiting in the woods for the vampires.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Do you feel that Larkin was thinking when he chose to let the people go in the caves or was he acting on emotion?
2) What does it say about Larkin that he was unable to leave the people?
3) Would you have felt any differently toward him had he left the people?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Moira.
2) What plots in the story do you feel that Moira is included directly in?
3) Do you feel that Moira will have a greater or lesser role in the next book? Why?
Essay Topic 3
1) The dragon is a symbol of Geall, it is the creature that Larkin often changes into and it is the symbol that Larkin puts in the betrothal ring he gives to Blair. Do you feel that the dragon is a fitting symbol? Why?
2) What other symbols could have been used?
3) What other symbols did you find in the story that you feel had significance?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)