|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair do after Larkin asks her if her solution is to threaten, push, and shove?
2. What does Cian tell Blair and Larkin that he thinks about the queen's death?
3. What does Blair tell the young boy that she meets when he says he wants to kill demons?
4. What makes Blair run upstairs?
5. What does Blair say about the liquid that Glenna makes her drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moira do when the vampires are brought out?
2. What does Glenna asks Blair to do in Chapter 10?
3. What happens when Blair enters the training room?
4. What do Larkin and Blair discuss about going back to the woods?
5. Describe the conversation that Blair has with Larkin's mother.
6. Describe the flight that Larkin and Blair take.
7. Describe the scene when the demonstration first begins at sunset.
8. Describe the encounter that Blair and Larkin have with the goddess Morrigan.
9. Describe the scene when Moira goes to Cian's room.
10. What happens when the group reaches the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Blair says that her father explained that attachments are weaknesses. Do you agree with this?
2) Do you feel that the attachments that the Circle of Six has will prove to be weaknesses? Explain.
3) Do you feel that the attachment that Blair had with Jeremy could be called a weakness? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) What was the significance of the old man telling the story?
2) Speculate on who the old man is.
3) Do you believe the old man is in what is considered the real world or another of the mythical worlds? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
1) Is the fact that these six have become friends so quickly important to know in the story?
2) Speculate on the way the story would have been different if the six had been unable to form bonds?
3) Could the six have worked together and been enemies or antagonists to each other? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)