|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many vampires is Blair able to capture in the woods?
2. What does Riddock say concerns him about letting Blair, Hoyt, Glenna, and Cian take charge of the military?
3. What does Larkin have to do before carrying Blair back?
4. What does Blair realize when she sees Lora?
5. What does Blair say when Larkin says that Lilith has been to the battle ground before planning out the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the journey to the Dance.
2. Describe the conversation that Moira and Blair have at the end of chapter eleven when they are taking supplies to the circle.
3. Describe the scene where Riddock meets with the six members of the circle?
4. What do Blair and the others find when they go out looking for the vampires?
5. What does Moira do when the vampires are brought out?
6. What happens when Blair enters the training room?
7. Describe the encounter that Blair and Larkin have with the goddess Morrigan.
8. Describe the conversation that Blair has with Larkin's mother.
9. Describe the scene when Blair comes to Larkin's room with a bottle of whiskey.
10. What happens when Lora and Blair face each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Which characters seemed to transition easier to the other worlds? Was it easier for Larkin and Moira to go to Ireland or the others to go to Geall? Explain.
2) If you had to choose between bringing a monster to your own world to battle, such as Moira did, or going to a strange land to fight, which would you chose and why?
3) How easy would it be for you to believe in monsters that you currently thought were fiction?
Essay Topic 2
1) The dragon is a symbol of Geall, it is the creature that Larkin often changes into and it is the symbol that Larkin puts in the betrothal ring he gives to Blair. Do you feel that the dragon is a fitting symbol? Why?
2) What other symbols could have been used?
3) What other symbols did you find in the story that you feel had significance?
Essay Topic 3
1) What does it say that the humans were helping each other out of the caves when Larkin tried to rescue them rather than leaving one another to die?
2) Which of the characters do you feel believe they will win the battle? Explain.
3) What is the significance of Morrigan? What do you feel she represents?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)