|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moira say that they need to do to help train the men?
2. What has happened to the family that is in distress?
3. What does Blair say about Moira after Moira has left?
4. What does Glenna give Blair?
5. Where do they find the vampires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the others find when they get Blair to her room?
2. What do Blair and the others find when they go out looking for the vampires?
3. Describe the conversation that Moira and Blair have at the end of chapter eleven when they are taking supplies to the circle.
4. What happens when Lora and Blair face each other?
5. Describe the scene where Blair is waiting in the woods for the vampires.
6. Describe the scene when the demonstration first begins at sunset.
7. What happens when the group reaches the castle?
8. Describe the journey to the Dance.
9. What happens when Blair reaches the second set of traps?
10. Describe the scene when Moira goes to Cian's room.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Speculate on the reasons that Davey was changed into a vampire.
2) Do you think that Lilith minds that Lora's face is badly scared after she showed such vanity at getting the mirror from her sorcerer?
3) When talking about vampire children Blair said she thought they were much more creepy. Do you agree? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) The dragon is a symbol of Geall, it is the creature that Larkin often changes into and it is the symbol that Larkin puts in the betrothal ring he gives to Blair. Do you feel that the dragon is a fitting symbol? Why?
2) What other symbols could have been used?
3) What other symbols did you find in the story that you feel had significance?
Essay Topic 3
1) Pick three of the characters seen in the story and pick out a personal theme that could go with that character. Explain.
2) How did these personal themes add to the story?
3) Were you surprised that you did not see any of the battle occur in this book?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)