|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Larkin and Blair go back out in the woods for?
2. What does Blair check on their way back to the castle?
3. What does Blair say may be the reason Lilith hasn't attacked?
4. Why does Larkin explain to Blair that she does not want to be queen yet?
5. Who kills the second vampire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Glenna asks Blair to do in Chapter 10?
2. What happens when the group reaches the castle?
3. Describe the encounter that Blair and Larkin have with the goddess Morrigan.
4. Describe the conversation that Moira and Blair have at the end of chapter eleven when they are taking supplies to the circle.
5. What does Moira do when the vampires are brought out?
6. What do Blair and the others find when they go out looking for the vampires?
7. Describe the scene when Moira goes to Cian's room.
8. Describe the flight that Larkin and Blair take.
9. Describe the scene when Blair comes to Larkin's room with a bottle of whiskey.
10. Describe the scene when the demonstration first begins at sunset.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Which characters seemed to transition easier to the other worlds? Was it easier for Larkin and Moira to go to Ireland or the others to go to Geall? Explain.
2) If you had to choose between bringing a monster to your own world to battle, such as Moira did, or going to a strange land to fight, which would you chose and why?
3) How easy would it be for you to believe in monsters that you currently thought were fiction?
Essay Topic 2
1) What does it say that the humans were helping each other out of the caves when Larkin tried to rescue them rather than leaving one another to die?
2) Which of the characters do you feel believe they will win the battle? Explain.
3) What is the significance of Morrigan? What do you feel she represents?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Moira.
2) What plots in the story do you feel that Moira is included directly in?
3) Do you feel that Moira will have a greater or lesser role in the next book? Why?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)