|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair yell at Larkin while they are battling the enemy?
2. What does Larkin change into after freeing some of the prisoners?
3. Why does Moira say that they would know if Larkin was dead?
4. What reason is it said that the warrior came to join the brother and the friend?
5. What does Larkin tell her that he does for a living back home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Larkin goes up to check on the three doing magic?
2. What is Blair's dream about Jeremy?
3. What does the group discuss when Blair tells them about her meeting with Morrigan and the news that they will be going to Geall in just a week.
4. What do Glenna and Hoyt say they are going to work on?
5. What does Blair tell Larkin about the creature that attacked them before the vampires came out?
6. What happens when Cian takes Moira her tea?
7. Describe what happens when Blair sees Cian in the hallway.
8. Describe the dawn after the first battle as the old men tells it in the prologue.
9. What does Larkin ask Blair for in the end of Chapter 8?
10. In chapter one what does Blair explain about the views she has about the monsters that there are?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Was the creation of Geall necessary in the story? Why or why not?
2) How would the story have changed if the only world to consider was the real world?
3) Does a fantasy world make a book more enjoyable? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) The dragon is a symbol of Geall, it is the creature that Larkin often changes into and it is the symbol that Larkin puts in the betrothal ring he gives to Blair. Do you feel that the dragon is a fitting symbol? Why?
2) What other symbols could have been used?
3) What other symbols did you find in the story that you feel had significance?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Moira.
2) What plots in the story do you feel that Moira is included directly in?
3) Do you feel that Moira will have a greater or lesser role in the next book? Why?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)