|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prologue what does the old man say that man needs comfort from?
2. What does Blair NOT pack in as they get ready to leave the house?
3. What does Morrigan tell Blair about the Valley of Silence?
4. Why are Blair and the others stuck in the house for so many days?
5. How many people does Glenna say that they were able to get out of Lilith's caves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Glenna and Hoyt say they are going to work on?
2. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win the battle?
3. What does the group discuss when Blair tells them about her meeting with Morrigan and the news that they will be going to Geall in just a week.
4. What does Larkin do when he first leaves the castle?
5. What does Blair tell Larkin about when she realized she was destined to be a demon hunter?
6. What does Larkin tell Blair when she tells him that he doesn't know her?
7. Describe the scene in chapter two when Hoyt wakes up Cian.
8. What does Larkin discover in the Wizard's room?
9. What does Blair dream of about her father?
10. Explain the argument that Blair has with Larkin about the humans alive in Lilith's caves.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Would it be possible for the series to end with the vampires winning the battle that the six are preparing for?
2) Would it be possible for the vampires to win and the story still have a satisfying ending? Explain.
3) What would be a perfect ending for the story if you were writing it?
Essay Topic 2
1) Which characters seemed to transition easier to the other worlds? Was it easier for Larkin and Moira to go to Ireland or the others to go to Geall? Explain.
2) If you had to choose between bringing a monster to your own world to battle, such as Moira did, or going to a strange land to fight, which would you chose and why?
3) How easy would it be for you to believe in monsters that you currently thought were fiction?
Essay Topic 3
1) If you could choose one of the six to be which one would it be and why? (sorcerer, witch, demon hunter, shape shifter, queen, vampire). How would you deal with your weaknesses?
2) If you were going to add one additional character to the six what would it be and why? Would it be fictional, such as a vampire, or something more realistic, such as a queen?
3) Which of the characters did you feel were the strongest? The weakest? Explain.
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)