|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morrigan tell Blair about the Valley of Silence?
2. How does Glenna say that she knew where to send the people that they saved from Lilith?
3. In Chapter 1 what does Blair tell Glenna when Glenna asks how they did in the battle with the vampires?
4. What does Blair say that she will do if they are still alive in November?
5. What do Glenna and Hoyt tell the others they can expect to find in the vampire caves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Larkin and Blair discuss about going back to the woods?
2. What do Blair and the others find when they go out looking for the vampires?
3. In chapter five what does Blair find when she first wakes up?
4. What do the others find when they get Blair to her room?
5. Describe the scene where Blair is waiting in the woods for the vampires.
6. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win the battle?
7. Describe the conversation when Blair tells the others about her trance.
8. How does the old man start the story in the prologue?
9. What do Larkin and Blair do as part of Cian's plan to thumb his nose at Lilith?
10. Describe the scene when the demonstration first begins at sunset.
Essay Topic 1
1) If you could choose one of the six to be which one would it be and why? (sorcerer, witch, demon hunter, shape shifter, queen, vampire). How would you deal with your weaknesses?
2) If you were going to add one additional character to the six what would it be and why? Would it be fictional, such as a vampire, or something more realistic, such as a queen?
3) Which of the characters did you feel were the strongest? The weakest? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Was the creation of Geall necessary in the story? Why or why not?
2) How would the story have changed if the only world to consider was the real world?
3) Does a fantasy world make a book more enjoyable? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) The dragon is a symbol of Geall, it is the creature that Larkin often changes into and it is the symbol that Larkin puts in the betrothal ring he gives to Blair. Do you feel that the dragon is a fitting symbol? Why?
2) What other symbols could have been used?
3) What other symbols did you find in the story that you feel had significance?
This section contains 1,956 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)