|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prologue what does the old man say that man needs comfort from?
2. How old does Blair tell Larkin that she was when she learned she was going to be a demon hunter?
3. What is Larkin doing while he and Blair are standing outside the false wall of the entrance to Lilith's cave?
4. What does Cian say about the bite mark that Larkin has?
5. What place did the scholar and shifter of shapes come to through the Dance of the Gods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Through magic what do Hoyt, Glenna, and Moira see inside Lilith's caves?
2. Describe what happens when Blair sees Cian in the hallway.
3. What do Blair and Larkin discuss about tattoos?
4. What does Blair tell Larkin about the creature that attacked them before the vampires came out?
5. What is Blair's dream about Jeremy?
6. What do Blair and Hoyt do when they find the van that the vampires had to abandon outside Cian's castle?
7. What does Larkin tell Blair when she tells him that he doesn't know her?
8. How does the old man start the story in the prologue?
9. Describe the scene in chapter two when Hoyt wakes up Cian.
10. What does Blair dream of about her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Blair says that her father explained that attachments are weaknesses. Do you agree with this?
2) Do you feel that the attachments that the Circle of Six has will prove to be weaknesses? Explain.
3) Do you feel that the attachment that Blair had with Jeremy could be called a weakness? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Do you feel that survival is a theme of the story? Why or why not?
2) What did you glean from the message that was written in the sky at the end of the story? What was its purpose?
3) What would you call the theme of the story and why?
Essay Topic 3
1) Was the creation of Geall necessary in the story? Why or why not?
2) How would the story have changed if the only world to consider was the real world?
3) Does a fantasy world make a book more enjoyable? Explain.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)