|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Larkin explain that the Vampyre's exist in chapter one?
2. What does the old man say would happen if the six heroes had been defeated as he explains it in the prologue?
3. What does Larkin say about the spot where he and Blair are standing?
4. What does Glenna say she was dreaming of when Cian woke her?
5. What does Larkin tell her that he does for a living back home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Blair's dream about Jeremy?
2. What happens when Blair and Larkin go to town for supplies?
3. Describe the scene in chapter two when Hoyt wakes up Cian.
4. What does Larkin tell Blair when she tells him that he doesn't know her?
5. Describe the scene when Larkin is leaving to scout out Lilith's camp.
6. Describe the dawn after the first battle as the old men tells it in the prologue.
7. What do Blair and Larkin discuss about tattoos?
8. What happens when Larkin goes up to check on the three doing magic?
9. What happens when the sun begins to go behind the rain clouds?
10. Describe the relationship that Blair has with her father as she describes it.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Is the fact that these six have become friends so quickly important to know in the story?
2) Speculate on the way the story would have been different if the six had been unable to form bonds?
3) Could the six have worked together and been enemies or antagonists to each other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) What was important in the message that Morrigan gave to Larkin and Blair at the end of the story?
2) What do you feel it alludes to?
3) Which of the characters do you feel will live through the battle that they have with Lilith and why?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Moira.
2) What plots in the story do you feel that Moira is included directly in?
3) Do you feel that Moira will have a greater or lesser role in the next book? Why?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)