|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair tell Moira in chapter eight when Moira says that Blair loves Larkin?
2. How many worlds are there as it is explained in the prologue?
3. What does Hoyt say about the boy that Lilith calls her son?
4. What does Blair say the creatures were that she and Larkin fought outside the cave?
5. What does the old man say would happen if the six heroes had been defeated as he explains it in the prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win the battle?
2. What is Blair's dream about Jeremy?
3. What does the group discuss when Blair tells them about her meeting with Morrigan and the news that they will be going to Geall in just a week.
4. In chapter one what does Blair explain about the views she has about the monsters that there are?
5. Describe the scene when Larkin first comes upon the mother and her son in the woods.
6. What does Blair tell Larkin about the creature that attacked them before the vampires came out?
7. Describe the conversation that Larkin and Blair have in chapter six while they are in the training room?
8. How is Larkin described?
9. What does Larkin do when he first leaves the castle?
10. Explain the argument that Blair has with Larkin about the humans alive in Lilith's caves.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Speculate on the reasons that Davey was changed into a vampire.
2) Do you think that Lilith minds that Lora's face is badly scared after she showed such vanity at getting the mirror from her sorcerer?
3) When talking about vampire children Blair said she thought they were much more creepy. Do you agree? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Pick three of the characters seen in the story and pick out a personal theme that could go with that character. Explain.
2) How did these personal themes add to the story?
3) Were you surprised that you did not see any of the battle occur in this book?
Essay Topic 3
1) What does it say that the humans were helping each other out of the caves when Larkin tried to rescue them rather than leaving one another to die?
2) Which of the characters do you feel believe they will win the battle? Explain.
3) What is the significance of Morrigan? What do you feel she represents?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)