|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larkin say was the thing allowed him to make it home when he was so sick?
2. What does Blair say it would be if someone tried to rescue the people in the vampire caves?
3. Why does Larkin get mad at Blair?
4. What place did the scholar and shifter of shapes come to through the Dance of the Gods?
5. What does Blair say the creatures were that she and Larkin fought outside the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Larkin goes up to check on the three doing magic?
2. What happens when Blair goes to her room?
3. What does Blair tell Larkin about when she realized she was destined to be a demon hunter?
4. Describe the scene when Larkin first comes upon the mother and her son in the woods.
5. Describe the scene when Larkin is leaving to scout out Lilith's camp.
6. Describe the dawn after the first battle as the old men tells it in the prologue.
7. Through magic what do Hoyt, Glenna, and Moira see inside Lilith's caves?
8. What do Glenna and Hoyt say they are going to work on?
9. In chapter five what does Blair find when she first wakes up?
10. What do Blair and Larkin discuss about tattoos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Which characters seemed to transition easier to the other worlds? Was it easier for Larkin and Moira to go to Ireland or the others to go to Geall? Explain.
2) If you had to choose between bringing a monster to your own world to battle, such as Moira did, or going to a strange land to fight, which would you chose and why?
3) How easy would it be for you to believe in monsters that you currently thought were fiction?
Essay Topic 2
1) What does it say that the humans were helping each other out of the caves when Larkin tried to rescue them rather than leaving one another to die?
2) Which of the characters do you feel believe they will win the battle? Explain.
3) What is the significance of Morrigan? What do you feel she represents?
Essay Topic 3
1) Do you feel that survival is a theme of the story? Why or why not?
2) What did you glean from the message that was written in the sky at the end of the story? What was its purpose?
3) What would you call the theme of the story and why?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)