|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cian say about the bite mark that Larkin has?
2. What does Larkin explain when Blair says that she thought he was mad at her?
3. What does the old man tell the children they now know when he is talking to them in the prologue?
4. What is the first thing that Larkin convinces Blair to buy him in the shops in town?
5. In Chapter 1 what does Blair tell Glenna when Glenna asks how they did in the battle with the vampires?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dawn after the first battle as the old men tells it in the prologue.
2. What does Blair suggest that they do in the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. Describe Larkin's flight home in Chapter 8.
4. Describe the scene in chapter two when Hoyt wakes up Cian.
5. What does Blair dream of about her father?
6. What happens when Blair goes to her room?
7. What does Larkin do when he first leaves the castle?
8. What does Larkin discover in the Wizard's room?
9. How is Larkin described?
10. What happens when Larkin is taken in the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) If you could choose one of the six to be which one would it be and why? (sorcerer, witch, demon hunter, shape shifter, queen, vampire). How would you deal with your weaknesses?
2) If you were going to add one additional character to the six what would it be and why? Would it be fictional, such as a vampire, or something more realistic, such as a queen?
3) Which of the characters did you feel were the strongest? The weakest? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) What was important in the message that Morrigan gave to Larkin and Blair at the end of the story?
2) What do you feel it alludes to?
3) Which of the characters do you feel will live through the battle that they have with Lilith and why?
Essay Topic 3
1) Which characters seemed to transition easier to the other worlds? Was it easier for Larkin and Moira to go to Ireland or the others to go to Geall? Explain.
2) If you had to choose between bringing a monster to your own world to battle, such as Moira did, or going to a strange land to fight, which would you chose and why?
3) How easy would it be for you to believe in monsters that you currently thought were fiction?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)