|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair say it would be if someone tried to rescue the people in the vampire caves?
2. What does Blair NOT pack in as they get ready to leave the house?
3. What does Larkin tell her that Hoyt plans on doing when they are done?
4. What does Cian ask Hoyt to pick up for him in Chapter 2?
5. What does Larkin tell Blair he wants to do with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blair suggest that they do in the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. Describe the scene in chapter two when Hoyt wakes up Cian.
3. What does Larkin tell Blair when she tells him that he doesn't know her?
4. What do Glenna and Hoyt say they are going to work on?
5. What does Larkin ask Blair for in the end of Chapter 8?
6. What does Blair tell Larkin about the creature that attacked them before the vampires came out?
7. What does the old man explain about worlds in the prologue.
8. How does the old man start the story in the prologue?
9. What happens when the sun begins to go behind the rain clouds?
10. What happens when Larkin is taken in the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What was the significance of the old man telling the story?
2) Speculate on who the old man is.
3) Do you believe the old man is in what is considered the real world or another of the mythical worlds? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe Blair's personality.
2) Was it necessary to see how badly both her father and Jeremy had hurt her in the way it was shown? Why or why not?
3) Speculate on what it did to Blair to see Jeremy killed.
Essay Topic 3
1) What was important in the message that Morrigan gave to Larkin and Blair at the end of the story?
2) What do you feel it alludes to?
3) Which of the characters do you feel will live through the battle that they have with Lilith and why?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)