|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair tell Larkin they are going to do when they pour the holy water on him?
2. What does Larkin change into as he escapes the caves?
3. What does Midir say he will need to reopen the portal?
4. What does Lilith call the humans that were rescued from her caves?
5. What does Hoyt say about the boy that Lilith calls her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Larkin tell Blair when she tells him that he doesn't know her?
2. Describe what happens when Blair sees Cian in the hallway.
3. Describe the scene in the prologue just before the old man begins his story.
4. Describe the relationship that Blair has with her father as she describes it.
5. Explain the argument that Blair has with Larkin about the humans alive in Lilith's caves.
6. What happens when Larkin is taken in the house?
7. What happens when Blair goes to her room?
8. Describe the conversation when Blair tells the others about her trance.
9. In chapter five what does Blair find when she first wakes up?
10. What does the group discuss when Blair tells them about her meeting with Morrigan and the news that they will be going to Geall in just a week.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Which characters seemed to transition easier to the other worlds? Was it easier for Larkin and Moira to go to Ireland or the others to go to Geall? Explain.
2) If you had to choose between bringing a monster to your own world to battle, such as Moira did, or going to a strange land to fight, which would you chose and why?
3) How easy would it be for you to believe in monsters that you currently thought were fiction?
Essay Topic 2
1) Compare Hoyt and Cian.
2) Do you feel that Cian is a monster like the other vampires? Why or why not?
3) Why do you think that Cian gave his house to Glenna and Hoyt?
Essay Topic 3
1) The dragon is a symbol of Geall, it is the creature that Larkin often changes into and it is the symbol that Larkin puts in the betrothal ring he gives to Blair. Do you feel that the dragon is a fitting symbol? Why?
2) What other symbols could have been used?
3) What other symbols did you find in the story that you feel had significance?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)