|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sorcerer and the witch pledge as the old man describes it in the prologue?
2. What did Jeremy tell Blair when she tried to give him her engagement ring back?
3. Who does Blair say the punching bag is when Cian asks her?
4. What does Larkin notice when he wakes up?
5. What does Morrigan tell Blair about the Valley of Silence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blair tell Larkin about the creature that attacked them before the vampires came out?
2. What do Glenna and Hoyt say they are going to work on?
3. How does the old man start the story in the prologue?
4. What does Larkin do when he first leaves the castle?
5. What does Blair tell Larkin about when she realized she was destined to be a demon hunter?
6. Describe the dawn after the first battle as the old men tells it in the prologue.
7. Through magic what do Hoyt, Glenna, and Moira see inside Lilith's caves?
8. What do Blair and Larkin discuss about tattoos?
9. What does the group discuss when Blair tells them about her meeting with Morrigan and the news that they will be going to Geall in just a week.
10. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win the battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) If you could choose one of the six to be which one would it be and why? (sorcerer, witch, demon hunter, shape shifter, queen, vampire). How would you deal with your weaknesses?
2) If you were going to add one additional character to the six what would it be and why? Would it be fictional, such as a vampire, or something more realistic, such as a queen?
3) Which of the characters did you feel were the strongest? The weakest? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
1) Was the creation of Geall necessary in the story? Why or why not?
2) How would the story have changed if the only world to consider was the real world?
3) Does a fantasy world make a book more enjoyable? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) What role do you feel that 'family' played in the story as a theme?
2) Do you feel that Blair's father may be seen in the next story? Why or why not?
3) Do you think it is accurate to have Blair suffering as a child that still seems to be looking for her father's love?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)