|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larkin do to the van the vampires have driven to the house?
2. What does Blair tell Larkin about the next battle that is going to happen while they are talking in Chapter 1?
3. What does Cian say when Blair asks if she is going to have to start calling Cian 'Uncle Cian'?
4. What does Blair think when Larkin says that she cannot be scared of something as simple as a kiss?
5. What does Larkin point out about the way that they were controlled in their sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Through magic what do Hoyt, Glenna, and Moira see inside Lilith's caves?
2. What does Blair tell Larkin about the creature that attacked them before the vampires came out?
3. Describe the dawn after the first battle as the old men tells it in the prologue.
4. Describe the scene when Larkin is leaving to scout out Lilith's camp.
5. What does the group discuss when Blair tells them about her meeting with Morrigan and the news that they will be going to Geall in just a week.
6. What is Blair's dream about Jeremy?
7. What does Blair dream of about her father?
8. Describe the scene in the prologue just before the old man begins his story.
9. Describe the conversation when Blair tells the others about her trance.
10. In chapter five what does Blair find when she first wakes up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Find three examples in the story you feel could be foreshadowing. Did they point to something that occurred in Dance of the Gods or would it be something that would occur in the next story?
2) What about these examples make you feel that they are foreshadowing?
3) How would the story have been different without them?
Essay Topic 2
1) Speculate on the reasons that Davey was changed into a vampire.
2) Do you think that Lilith minds that Lora's face is badly scared after she showed such vanity at getting the mirror from her sorcerer?
3) When talking about vampire children Blair said she thought they were much more creepy. Do you agree? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) What was the significance of there being six members to the circle? Could the author have chosen another number? Speculate on why she chose six main protagonists.
2) What do each of the members of the Circle bring to the group that is unique?
3) Would you say that the circle is even? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)