|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suddenly happens that allows the vampires to begin coming out of the cave?
2. What does Blair tell Larkin about a vampire bite?
3. What does Blair tell Larkin about the holy water they are going to use on his wound?
4. What does Larkin tell her that Hoyt plans on doing when they are done?
5. What does Larkin notice when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter five what does Blair find when she first wakes up?
2. Describe the dawn after the first battle as the old men tells it in the prologue.
3. What happens when Larkin goes up to check on the three doing magic?
4. What does Blair tell Larkin about the creature that attacked them before the vampires came out?
5. What happens when Blair and Larkin go to town for supplies?
6. What happens when Blair goes to her room?
7. What do Blair and Hoyt do when they find the van that the vampires had to abandon outside Cian's castle?
8. What does Larkin do before leaving the cave?
9. Explain the argument that Blair has with Larkin about the humans alive in Lilith's caves.
10. In chapter one what does Blair explain about the views she has about the monsters that there are?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Pick three of the characters seen in the story and pick out a personal theme that could go with that character. Explain.
2) How did these personal themes add to the story?
3) Were you surprised that you did not see any of the battle occur in this book?
Essay Topic 2
1) Is the fact that these six have become friends so quickly important to know in the story?
2) Speculate on the way the story would have been different if the six had been unable to form bonds?
3) Could the six have worked together and been enemies or antagonists to each other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) Would it be possible for the series to end with the vampires winning the battle that the six are preparing for?
2) Would it be possible for the vampires to win and the story still have a satisfying ending? Explain.
3) What would be a perfect ending for the story if you were writing it?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)