|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jeremy tell Blair that she was after he learned that she killed vampires?
2. What does Larkin tell her that he does for a living back home?
3. What does Blair tell Moira in chapter eight when Moira says that Blair loves Larkin?
4. What does Lora say to her sparing partner that she runs through with a sword?
5. What does the old man tell the children they now know when he is talking to them in the prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Larkin's flight home in Chapter 8.
2. Through magic what do Hoyt, Glenna, and Moira see inside Lilith's caves?
3. Describe the scene when Larkin first comes upon the mother and her son in the woods.
4. What does Larkin discover in the Wizard's room?
5. Describe the conversation that Larkin and Blair have in chapter six while they are in the training room?
6. Describe the scene in the prologue just before the old man begins his story.
7. Describe the relationship that Blair has with her father as she describes it.
8. What does Blair suggest that they do in the beginning of Chapter 2?
9. What do Blair and Hoyt do when they find the van that the vampires had to abandon outside Cian's castle?
10. What does Blair tell Larkin about when she realized she was destined to be a demon hunter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Which characters seemed to transition easier to the other worlds? Was it easier for Larkin and Moira to go to Ireland or the others to go to Geall? Explain.
2) If you had to choose between bringing a monster to your own world to battle, such as Moira did, or going to a strange land to fight, which would you chose and why?
3) How easy would it be for you to believe in monsters that you currently thought were fiction?
Essay Topic 2
1) Find three examples in the story you feel could be foreshadowing. Did they point to something that occurred in Dance of the Gods or would it be something that would occur in the next story?
2) What about these examples make you feel that they are foreshadowing?
3) How would the story have been different without them?
Essay Topic 3
1) Would it be possible for the series to end with the vampires winning the battle that the six are preparing for?
2) Would it be possible for the vampires to win and the story still have a satisfying ending? Explain.
3) What would be a perfect ending for the story if you were writing it?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)