|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair say tattoos are?
2. What does Larkin notice about the fire behind the wizard in Lilith's cave?
3. What does the old man say would happen if the six heroes had been defeated as he explains it in the prologue?
4. What power does Larkin have?
5. What gift does Midir have for Lilith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win the battle?
2. Describe what happens when Blair sees Cian in the hallway.
3. Describe the relationship that Blair has with her father as she describes it.
4. Describe the scene when Larkin first comes upon the mother and her son in the woods.
5. What do Blair and Hoyt do when they find the van that the vampires had to abandon outside Cian's castle?
6. What happens when the sun begins to go behind the rain clouds?
7. In chapter five what does Blair find when she first wakes up?
8. In chapter one what does Blair explain about the views she has about the monsters that there are?
9. What does Larkin do when he first leaves the castle?
10. How does the old man start the story in the prologue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Would it be possible for the series to end with the vampires winning the battle that the six are preparing for?
2) Would it be possible for the vampires to win and the story still have a satisfying ending? Explain.
3) What would be a perfect ending for the story if you were writing it?
Essay Topic 2
1) Is the fact that these six have become friends so quickly important to know in the story?
2) Speculate on the way the story would have been different if the six had been unable to form bonds?
3) Could the six have worked together and been enemies or antagonists to each other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
1) The dragon is a symbol of Geall, it is the creature that Larkin often changes into and it is the symbol that Larkin puts in the betrothal ring he gives to Blair. Do you feel that the dragon is a fitting symbol? Why?
2) What other symbols could have been used?
3) What other symbols did you find in the story that you feel had significance?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)