|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair say it would be if someone tried to rescue the people in the vampire caves?
2. What does Blair say that Glenna's tattoo is of?
3. What do Hoyt and Glenna say they are working on in the way of spells?
4. What does Larkin do to the van the vampires have driven to the house?
5. What does Glenna say she was dreaming of when Cian woke her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Larkin ask Blair for in the end of Chapter 8?
2. Describe the scene when Larkin first comes upon the mother and her son in the woods.
3. Through magic what do Hoyt, Glenna, and Moira see inside Lilith's caves?
4. What does the old man explain about worlds in the prologue.
5. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win the battle?
6. What is Blair's dream about Jeremy?
7. Explain the argument that Blair has with Larkin about the humans alive in Lilith's caves.
8. Describe what happens when Blair sees Cian in the hallway.
9. Describe the dawn after the first battle as the old men tells it in the prologue.
10. What do Blair and Larkin discuss about tattoos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Pick three of the characters seen in the story and pick out a personal theme that could go with that character. Explain.
2) How did these personal themes add to the story?
3) Were you surprised that you did not see any of the battle occur in this book?
Essay Topic 2
1) What was the significance of the old man telling the story?
2) Speculate on who the old man is.
3) Do you believe the old man is in what is considered the real world or another of the mythical worlds? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
1) If you could choose one of the six to be which one would it be and why? (sorcerer, witch, demon hunter, shape shifter, queen, vampire). How would you deal with your weaknesses?
2) If you were going to add one additional character to the six what would it be and why? Would it be fictional, such as a vampire, or something more realistic, such as a queen?
3) Which of the characters did you feel were the strongest? The weakest? Explain.
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)