Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal had Larkin been in the shape of in the battle as described in chapter one?
2. Where does Larkin find Blair at?
3. What does the old man tell the children they now know when he is talking to them in the prologue?
4. How does Glenna say that she knew where to send the people that they saved from Lilith?
5. What does Cian say separates him and Blair from the others?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Larkin and Blair have in chapter six while they are in the training room?
2. What do Larkin and Blair do as part of Cian's plan to thumb his nose at Lilith?
3. What does the old man explain about worlds in the prologue.
4. Describe the scene in the prologue just before the old man begins his story.
5. What do Blair and Larkin discuss about tattoos?
6. Describe Larkin's proposal.
7. Describe the scene when the demonstration first begins at sunset.
8. What happens when the group reaches the castle?
9. What happens when Blair enters the training room?
10. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win the battle?
Essay Topic 1
1) What was the significance of there being six members to the circle? Could the author have chosen another number? Speculate on why she chose six main protagonists.
2) What do each of the members of the Circle bring to the group that is unique?
3) Would you say that the circle is even? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) What does it say that the humans were helping each other out of the caves when Larkin tried to rescue them rather than leaving one another to die?
2) Which of the characters do you feel believe they will win the battle? Explain.
3) What is the significance of Morrigan? What do you feel she represents?
Essay Topic 3
1) What role do you feel that 'family' played in the story as a theme?
2) Do you feel that Blair's father may be seen in the next story? Why or why not?
3) Do you think it is accurate to have Blair suffering as a child that still seems to be looking for her father's love?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)