Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal had Larkin been in the shape of in the battle as described in chapter one?
2. Where does Larkin find Blair at?
3. What does the old man tell the children they now know when he is talking to them in the prologue?
4. How does Glenna say that she knew where to send the people that they saved from Lilith?
5. What does Cian say separates him and Blair from the others?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Larkin and Blair have in chapter six while they are in the training room?
2. What do Larkin and Blair do as part of Cian's plan to thumb his nose at Lilith?
3. What does the old man explain about worlds in the prologue.
4. Describe the scene in the prologue just before the old man begins his story.
5. What do Blair and Larkin discuss about tattoos?
6. Describe Larkin's proposal.
7. Describe the scene when the demonstration first begins at sunset.
8. What happens when the group reaches the castle?
9. What happens when Blair enters the training room?
10. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win the battle?
Essay Topic 1
1) What was important in the message that Morrigan gave to Larkin and Blair at the end of the story?
2) What do you feel it alludes to?
3) Which of the characters do you feel will live through the battle that they have with Lilith and why?
Essay Topic 2
1) What was the significance of the old man telling the story?
2) Speculate on who the old man is.
3) Do you believe the old man is in what is considered the real world or another of the mythical worlds? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
1) Would it be possible for the series to end with the vampires winning the battle that the six are preparing for?
2) Would it be possible for the vampires to win and the story still have a satisfying ending? Explain.
3) What would be a perfect ending for the story if you were writing it?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)