|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair say tattoos are?
2. What does Larkin ask of Blair?
3. What does Blair do when she first sees Cian in the hallway?
4. What does Larkin explain when Blair says that she thought he was mad at her?
5. In chapter one what does Larkin say there had been glory in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the old man start the story in the prologue?
2. How is Larkin described?
3. What does Larkin do before leaving the cave?
4. What happens when Larkin goes up to check on the three doing magic?
5. What happens when Blair goes to her room?
6. Describe the scene in chapter two when Hoyt wakes up Cian.
7. Describe the conversation that Larkin and Blair have in chapter six while they are in the training room?
8. What does Blair tell Larkin about the creature that attacked them before the vampires came out?
9. What happens when Cian takes Moira her tea?
10. What happens when the sun begins to go behind the rain clouds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) The dragon is a symbol of Geall, it is the creature that Larkin often changes into and it is the symbol that Larkin puts in the betrothal ring he gives to Blair. Do you feel that the dragon is a fitting symbol? Why?
2) What other symbols could have been used?
3) What other symbols did you find in the story that you feel had significance?
Essay Topic 2
1) What was important in the message that Morrigan gave to Larkin and Blair at the end of the story?
2) What do you feel it alludes to?
3) Which of the characters do you feel will live through the battle that they have with Lilith and why?
Essay Topic 3
1) Do you feel that survival is a theme of the story? Why or why not?
2) What did you glean from the message that was written in the sky at the end of the story? What was its purpose?
3) What would you call the theme of the story and why?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)