Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal had Larkin been in the shape of in the battle as described in chapter one?
2. Where does Larkin find Blair at?
3. What does the old man tell the children they now know when he is talking to them in the prologue?
4. How does Glenna say that she knew where to send the people that they saved from Lilith?
5. What does Cian say separates him and Blair from the others?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Larkin and Blair have in chapter six while they are in the training room?
2. What do Larkin and Blair do as part of Cian's plan to thumb his nose at Lilith?
3. What does the old man explain about worlds in the prologue.
4. Describe the scene in the prologue just before the old man begins his story.
5. What do Blair and Larkin discuss about tattoos?
6. Describe Larkin's proposal.
7. Describe the scene when the demonstration first begins at sunset.
8. What happens when the group reaches the castle?
9. What happens when Blair enters the training room?
10. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win the battle?
1) Blair says that her father explained that attachments are weaknesses. Do you agree with this?
2) Do you feel that the attachments that the Circle of Six has will prove to be weaknesses? Explain.
3) Do you feel that the attachment that Blair had with Jeremy could be called a weakness? Explain.
1) Is the fact that these six have become friends so quickly important to know in the story?
2) Speculate on the way the story would have been different if the six had been unable to form bonds?
3) Could the six have worked together and been enemies or antagonists to each other? Why or why not?
1) Do you feel that Larkin was thinking when he chose to let the people go in the caves or was he acting on emotion?
2) What does it say about Larkin that he was unable to leave the people?
3) Would you have felt any differently toward him had he left the people?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)