|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal had Larkin been in the shape of in the battle as described in chapter one?
2. Where does Larkin find Blair at?
3. What does the old man tell the children they now know when he is talking to them in the prologue?
4. How does Glenna say that she knew where to send the people that they saved from Lilith?
5. What does Cian say separates him and Blair from the others?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Larkin and Blair have in chapter six while they are in the training room?
2. What do Larkin and Blair do as part of Cian's plan to thumb his nose at Lilith?
3. What does the old man explain about worlds in the prologue.
4. Describe the scene in the prologue just before the old man begins his story.
5. What do Blair and Larkin discuss about tattoos?
6. Describe Larkin's proposal.
7. Describe the scene when the demonstration first begins at sunset.
8. What happens when the group reaches the castle?
9. What happens when Blair enters the training room?
10. Why does Larkin tell Blair that they will win the battle?
Essay Topic 1
1) Compare Hoyt and Cian.
2) Do you feel that Cian is a monster like the other vampires? Why or why not?
3) Why do you think that Cian gave his house to Glenna and Hoyt?
Essay Topic 2
1) If you could choose one of the six to be which one would it be and why? (sorcerer, witch, demon hunter, shape shifter, queen, vampire). How would you deal with your weaknesses?
2) If you were going to add one additional character to the six what would it be and why? Would it be fictional, such as a vampire, or something more realistic, such as a queen?
3) Which of the characters did you feel were the strongest? The weakest? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) The dragon is a symbol of Geall, it is the creature that Larkin often changes into and it is the symbol that Larkin puts in the betrothal ring he gives to Blair. Do you feel that the dragon is a fitting symbol? Why?
2) What other symbols could have been used?
3) What other symbols did you find in the story that you feel had significance?
This section contains 2,060 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)