|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Larkin first wakes up, what does he ask?
2. What does Lora say to her sparing partner that she runs through with a sword?
3. What place did the scholar and shifter of shapes come to through the Dance of the Gods?
4. Who does Blair say the punching bag is when Cian asks her?
5. Why does Larkin limp in chapter one?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blair suggest that they do in the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What does the old man explain about worlds in the prologue.
3. How does the old man start the story in the prologue?
4. Describe the scene in the prologue just before the old man begins his story.
5. Explain the argument that Blair has with Larkin about the humans alive in Lilith's caves.
6. What do Blair and Larkin discuss about tattoos?
7. In chapter one what does Blair explain about the views she has about the monsters that there are?
8. What do Blair and Hoyt do when they find the van that the vampires had to abandon outside Cian's castle?
9. What happens when Blair goes to her room?
10. What is Blair's dream about Jeremy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What role do you feel that 'family' played in the story as a theme?
2) Do you feel that Blair's father may be seen in the next story? Why or why not?
3) Do you think it is accurate to have Blair suffering as a child that still seems to be looking for her father's love?
Essay Topic 2
1) Pick three of the characters seen in the story and pick out a personal theme that could go with that character. Explain.
2) How did these personal themes add to the story?
3) Were you surprised that you did not see any of the battle occur in this book?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Blair's personality.
2) Was it necessary to see how badly both her father and Jeremy had hurt her in the way it was shown? Why or why not?
3) Speculate on what it did to Blair to see Jeremy killed.
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)