|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larkin change into as he leaves?
2. What does Cian ask Hoyt to pick up for him in Chapter 2?
3. Who does Blair say the punching bag is when Cian asks her?
4. What does Moira say about a sorcerer or witch being turned into a vampire?
5. What does Lora say to her sparing partner that she runs through with a sword?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Larkin do before leaving the cave?
2. What is Blair's dream about Jeremy?
3. What happens when Larkin is taken in the house?
4. What does Blair tell Larkin about when she realized she was destined to be a demon hunter?
5. Describe the relationship that Blair has with her father as she describes it.
6. What does Larkin do when he first leaves the castle?
7. How is Larkin described?
8. Describe the scene when Larkin first comes upon the mother and her son in the woods.
9. What does Larkin ask Blair for in the end of Chapter 8?
10. What does Blair tell Larkin about the creature that attacked them before the vampires came out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Speculate on the reasons that Davey was changed into a vampire.
2) Do you think that Lilith minds that Lora's face is badly scared after she showed such vanity at getting the mirror from her sorcerer?
3) When talking about vampire children Blair said she thought they were much more creepy. Do you agree? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) The dragon is a symbol of Geall, it is the creature that Larkin often changes into and it is the symbol that Larkin puts in the betrothal ring he gives to Blair. Do you feel that the dragon is a fitting symbol? Why?
2) What other symbols could have been used?
3) What other symbols did you find in the story that you feel had significance?
Essay Topic 3
1) What was important in the message that Morrigan gave to Larkin and Blair at the end of the story?
2) What do you feel it alludes to?
3) Which of the characters do you feel will live through the battle that they have with Lilith and why?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)