|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blair tell Larkin about the holy water they are going to use on his wound?
(a) It stinks.
(b) It will make him sleep.
(c) It will make him numb.
(d) It will hurt much worse than the bite.
2. What does Cian tell Glenna that the stake is that he puts on the counter?
(a) A peace offering from Blair.
(b) A present for Lilith.
(c) A toothpick.
(d) A friendly reminder.
3. What is Larkin doing while he and Blair are standing outside the false wall of the entrance to Lilith's cave?
4. What is the first thing that Larkin convinces Blair to buy him in the shops in town?
(a) A coat.
(b) A root beer float.
(d) Stick candy.
5. What does the old man say would happen if the six heroes had been defeated as he explains it in the prologue?
(a) Men would be changed into demons.
(b) He isn't sure, maybe nothing.
(c) The worlds would be changed.
(d) The worlds would be destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the leader of the vampire army?
2. What does Glenna ask Cian to do?
3. Why are the children huddled close together in the beginning of the prologue?
4. What animal had Larkin been in the shape of in the battle as described in chapter one?
5. In chapter five what does Blair say is usually needed to put a person in a trance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in the prologue just before the old man begins his story.
2. What is Blair's dream about Jeremy?
3. What does Larkin discover in the Wizard's room?
4. What happens when Larkin is taken in the house?
5. Through magic what do Hoyt, Glenna, and Moira see inside Lilith's caves?
6. What happens when Blair and Larkin go to town for supplies?
7. What does Blair tell Larkin about the creature that attacked them before the vampires came out?
8. Describe the relationship that Blair has with her father as she describes it.
9. What happens when the sun begins to go behind the rain clouds?
10. Describe the scene in chapter two when Hoyt wakes up Cian.
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)