|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cian say after seeing the cloak when Glenna says that it should keep him from going up into flames?
(a) I've dreamed of a woman saying those words to me.
(b) That was on my Christmas card last year with a little baby Jesus.
(c) That's what you should put on my tombstone.
(d) Should being the operative word.
2. How do Moira and Larkin get back to the woods?
(a) They take a wagon.
(b) Larkin changes to a dragon.
(c) They walk.
(d) Larkin changes to a horse.
3. What does Blair say to the vampires when they ride up on her?
(a) She rode him too far and he seems to be tired.
(b) Her horse got a stone.
(c) The horse is old and not very steady.
(d) Her horse fell.
4. What does Blair tell the young boy that she meets when he says he wants to kill demons?
(a) That he is too handsome for fighting.
(b) That his job must be to keep his mother and family safe inside.
(c) That he has the heart of a warrior.
(d) That he is too young.
5. What does Blair give Larkin as a gift?
(a) A ring.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) A harness.
(d) A sword.
6. What does Blair have when she walks in Larkin's room?
(b) A movie.
(c) A cd.
7. Who kills the second vampire?
8. How many vampires is Blair able to capture in the woods?
9. What do Larkin and Blair go back out in the woods for?
(a) To bathe in the river.
(b) To bury the dead.
(c) To look for more vampires.
(d) To be alone.
10. What has happened to the family that is in distress?
(a) The man has had a heart attack.
(b) They are not sure, but think it was lightning.
(c) Their horses were stolen.
(d) Their wagon axel broke.
11. What does Larkin tell Blair that she had been swinging when he got to her?
(a) A tree branch.
(b) A rock.
(c) A broken sword.
(d) A bone.
12. What does Moira tell the crowd she is going to do?
(a) Fight beside them.
(b) Leave for Ireland.
(c) Whatever it takes to keep her kingdom safe.
(d) Listen to their desires.
13. How does Blair plan to capture one of the vampires?
(a) Hide and wait for them to come back.
(b) Follow them until sunrise.
(c) Use herself as bait.
(d) She doesn't have a plan.
14. What does the young girl say to Glenna when she tells her that vampires can run like lightning?
(a) You are a fool.
(b) There will be men to protect me.
(c) I don't believe in demons.
(d) The gods won't allow it.
15. What does Lora have as a present for Blair?
(b) Her aunt.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cian tell Blair and Larkin that he thinks about the queen's death?
2. What does Larkin's mother tell Blair?
3. What does Cian say he feels like when he puts on the cloak?
4. What does Blair say to Larkin as Moira first calls her to the field in chapter sixteen when the vampires are brought out?
5. What does Moira say will happen to the vampires that Blair brought back?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)