|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long did the protagonist remain reclusive following his divorce and depression, as described in Chapter 2?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
2. In Chapter 9, the narrator has an eerie experience on what floor of the hotel?
3. What is the profession of the protagonist in the novel?
(a) Freelance writer.
(b) Construction worker.
(c) Car salesman.
4. The interior of the hotel in Chapter 5 is described as what by the narrator?
5. The receptionist at the hotel talks to the writer under the guise of discussing what in Chapter 7?
(a) Area attractions.
(b) Local traditions.
(c) Car rentals.
Short Answer Questions
1. The assignment the protagonist goes on in Chapter 2 involves writing for what?
2. The narrator refers to his job as shoveling what in Chapter 2?
3. For how long does the narrator say he stood staring agape at the building in Chapter 4?
4. What season was it when the writer returned to society after his reclusive bout described in Chapter 2?
5. The protagonist tells his business connections that he must take a trip for how long in Chapter 3?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)