|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the gods of earth dwell in "The Other Gods"?
2. What is the name of the High priest, in "The Other Gods"?
3. How was Major Sir Eric Moreland Clapham-Lee killed, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
4. Who does Herbert West pay for bodies early in his experiments?
5. How is the stranger dressed whom the narrator encounters, in "Hypnos"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of Kalos, in the story "The Tree"?
2. How does Tillinghast define the "blobs" once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
3. Where does Iranon go after leaving Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"? How does the story end?
4. How are Musides and Kalos similar? How are they different?
5. Where does "The Other Gods" take place? Where have this setting and some characters been seen previously?
6. What does the olive tree do in the ending of "The Tree"?
7. What is the objective of Barzai, in "The Other Gods"?
8. What theory does Herbert West develop in college? What does this lead to?
9. How does "From Beyond" end? How does the narrator escape?
10. Who does Iranon befriend in Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters Musides and Kalos in "The Tree." How are they similar? How are they different? What relationship do the characters share?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Crawford Tillinghast's machine in "From Beyond." What is the character's theory about the pineal gland? How feasible is this theory?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to Kurane at the end of "Celephais"? How can this ending be interpreted in different ways?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)