|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people did the dean of the medical school kill and devour, after being reanimated, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
2. What is knocked over and burns Herbert West's laboratory?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A bunson burner.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A beaker.
3. In the years that Iranon and the boy travel, what is unusual about Iranon's age?
(a) He didn't age.
(b) He aged in reverse.
(c) He aged slowly.
(d) He aged quickly.
4. What does Altberg find coming from the temple, in "The Temple"?
5. Whom does West reanimate who kills and eats a child, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) A professor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A boxer.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the servants turn on the lights, in "From Beyond"?
2. How are the stranger's eyes described, in "Hypnos"?
3. It is suggested that the city of Oonai might in fact be what, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
4. What begins to follow the submarine, in "The Temple"?
5. Whose artwork surmounts a pillar in Athens near the Parthenon, in "The Tree"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Altberg do with the British soldiers, in "The Temple"? What happens after they resurface?
2. What happens to Altberg's crew after the ivory figurine is brought aboard the craft?
3. What interest bonds the two characters in "Hypnos"? How do they pursue this interest?
4. Describe the journey of Iranon to Oonai in "The Quest of Iranon." How long does it take?
5. What does the olive tree do in the ending of "The Tree"?
6. What happens at the top of the mountain in "The Other Gods"? What do they do?
7. Who is Crawford Tillinghast? What is his obsession?
8. What is the objective of Barzai, in "The Other Gods"?
9. Who are the central characters in "The Tree"? What do they do?
10. Describe the style and themes in "The Other Gods." Where is the horror in the story?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)