|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the submarine surfaces again, what do the crew find on the hub, in "The Temple"?
(a) A whale carcass.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A British soldier.
(d) A silver ring.
2. How are the stranger's eyes described, in "Hypnos"?
3. Where does the narrator meet the stranger, in "Hypnos"?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A morgue.
(c) A train station.
(d) A hospital.
4. The narrator in, "Hypnos," writes of the stranger, "this man was a faun's statue out of antique ____..."
5. Whose sculpture stands in a marble shrine in Corinth, in "The Tree"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the short story "Hypnos"first published?
2. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
3. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
4. Altberg is the captain of what, in "The Temple"?
5. Where do the gods of earth dwell in "The Other Gods"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does "The Other Gods" take place? Where have this setting and some characters been seen previously?
2. What theory does Herbert West develop in college? What does this lead to?
3. What becomes of Kalos, in the story "The Tree"?
4. What happens when the narrator goes to visit Tillinghast in "From Beyond"?
5. What is the objective of Barzai, in "The Other Gods"?
6. What does Altberg do with the British soldiers, in "The Temple"? What happens after they resurface?
7. How are Musides and Kalos similar? How are they different?
8. What happens in the ending of "Hypnos"? What does the narrator discover?
9. Describe the beginning of "Hypnos." Where is the narrator when he meets a stranger?
10. Where is Iranon in the beginning of "The Quest of Iranon"? How is it described?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)