|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is suggested that the city of Oonai might in fact be what, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
2. Where is the olive grove described in "The Tree"?
(d) Southern France.
3. Who summoned the two sculptors in "The Tree" to build statues for him?
(b) The king.
(c) The Tyrant of Syracuse.
4. Who is the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Hypnos?
5. Who engaged in heavy drinking and reveling in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(c) The king.
(d) The prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the High priest, in "The Other Gods"?
2. What begins to follow the submarine, in "The Temple"?
3. In what war do the narrator and West volunteer, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
4. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
5. What is the young apprentice priest's name, in "The Other Gods"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the central characters in "The Tree"? What do they do?
2. What happens to Altberg's crew after the ivory figurine is brought aboard the craft?
3. Who is Crawford Tillinghast? What is his obsession?
4. What does the olive tree do in the ending of "The Tree"?
5. Describe the journey of Iranon to Oonai in "The Quest of Iranon." How long does it take?
6. What happens to the dean in "Herbert West-Reanimator"? Where is he placed after capture?
7. Describe the style and themes in "The Other Gods." Where is the horror in the story?
8. What theory does Herbert West develop in college? What does this lead to?
9. What becomes of Kalos, in the story "The Tree"?
10. What happens in the ending of "Hypnos"? What does the narrator discover?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)