|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do for employment, in "Hypnos"?
(a) He is a journalist.
(b) He is a scientist.
(c) He is a sculptor.
(d) He is an astronaut.
2. What does the narrator see moving about once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
3. What does the narrator do to the machine, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Steals it.
(b) Shoots it.
(c) Buys it.
(d) Sells it.
4. Who engaged in heavy drinking and reveling in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(b) The prince.
(d) The king.
5. What are the servants afraid to do at Tillinghast's house, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Turn off the lights.
(b) Turn on the lights.
(c) Open the door.
(d) Open the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the olive grove described in "The Tree"?
2. Where was the short story "Hypnos"first published?
3. How old is the stranger the narrator meets, in "Hypnos"?
4. Who does Herbert West pay for bodies early in his experiments?
5. Where did Herbert West attend college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of Kalos, in the story "The Tree"?
2. What happens to Altberg's crew after the ivory figurine is brought aboard the craft?
3. Where is Iranon in the beginning of "The Quest of Iranon"? How is it described?
4. Who are the central characters in "The Tree"? What do they do?
5. Who is Crawford Tillinghast? What is his obsession?
6. What happens in the ending of "Hypnos"? What does the narrator discover?
7. Who does Iranon befriend in Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
8. What happens when the narrator goes to visit Tillinghast in "From Beyond"?
9. Describe the style and themes in "The Other Gods." Where is the horror in the story?
10. Where does Iranon go after leaving Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"? How does the story end?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)