|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the stranger about Aira, in the end of "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A king.
(c) A thief.
(d) A beggar.
2. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
3. What breaks out in the town, giving West a large number of cadavers, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
4. The old man of Ulthar was well-studied in the seven cryptical books of earth and what?
(a) Orisanes Manuscripts.
(b) Pnakotic Manuscripts.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Dark Book.
5. Whose sculpture stands in a marble shrine in Corinth, in "The Tree"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does West go on to open a private practice, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
2. Who does Herbert West pay for bodies early in his experiments?
3. What does Tillinghast tell the narrator they are viewing with the machine on, in "From Beyond"?
4. What were both sculptors in "The Tree" summoned to create a sculpture of?
5. When was "The Other Gods" first published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to make the characters in "Hypnos" desire to stay awake?
2. Where does "The Other Gods" take place? Where have this setting and some characters been seen previously?
3. What theory does Herbert West develop in college? What does this lead to?
4. What is the objective of Barzai, in "The Other Gods"?
5. How are Musides and Kalos similar? How are they different?
6. What happens at the top of the mountain in "The Other Gods"? What do they do?
7. What happens to the dean in "Herbert West-Reanimator"? Where is he placed after capture?
8. Who are the central characters in "The Tree"? What do they do?
9. How does Tillinghast define the "blobs" once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
10. What does Altberg do with the British soldiers, in "The Temple"? What happens after they resurface?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)