|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summoned the two sculptors in "The Tree" to build statues for him?
(a) The Tyrant of Syracuse.
(b) The king.
2. What is knocked over and burns Herbert West's laboratory?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A bunson burner.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A beaker.
3. What breaks out in the town, giving West a large number of cadavers, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
4. What does Altberg allow the British soldiers to do while his cameras are recording, in "The Temple"?
(a) Call home.
(b) Keep their weapons.
(d) Call for help.
5. Who is the friend of the narrator in "From Beyond"?
(a) Crawford Tillinghast.
(b) Joe Slater.
(d) Basil Elton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the gods of earth dwell in "The Other Gods"?
2. In "The Other Gods," the gods left a graven image on the face of the mountain which they called what?
3. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
4. Who had gone missing before the narrator goes to visit his friend, in "From Beyond"?
5. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Musides and Kalos similar? How are they different?
2. Where does Iranon go after leaving Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"? How does the story end?
3. What theory does Herbert West develop in college? What does this lead to?
4. What does the olive tree do in the ending of "The Tree"?
5. Describe the style and themes in "The Other Gods." Where is the horror in the story?
6. What is the objective of Barzai, in "The Other Gods"?
7. What happens to Altberg's crew after the ivory figurine is brought aboard the craft?
8. What does Altberg do with the British soldiers, in "The Temple"? What happens after they resurface?
9. Describe the beginning of "Hypnos." Where is the narrator when he meets a stranger?
10. How does Altberg's vessel become trapped, in "The Temple"?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)