|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator describes the stranger as having a brow as "white as the marble of" whom, in "Hypnos"?
2. How many people did the dean of the medical school kill and devour, after being reanimated, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
3. Where is Tillinghast's laboratory, in "From Beyond"?
(a) His kitchen.
(b) His attic.
(c) His basement.
(d) His parlor.
4. Altberg is the captain of what, in "The Temple"?
(a) A war ship.
(b) An oil tanker.
(c) A freight ship.
(d) A submarine.
5. In "Herbert West-Reanimator," West develops a theory that the human body is entirely what?
(a) Composed of light.
(d) Composed of metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
2. The narrator of "From Beyond" states, in the beginning of the narrative, he hasn't seen his friend for how long?
3. What does one of the officers of the submarine find and take on board, in "The Temple"?
4. What does the narrator do for employment, in "Hypnos"?
5. In "The Other Gods," the gods left a graven image on the face of the mountain which they called what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the olive tree do in the ending of "The Tree"?
2. What does Herbert West do in Boston? What are the effects of his experiments there?
3. What becomes of Kalos, in the story "The Tree"?
4. Describe Herbert West in "Herbert West-Reanimator." Where does he meet the narrator?
5. What happens to make the characters in "Hypnos" desire to stay awake?
6. What is the objective of Barzai, in "The Other Gods"?
7. What does Altberg do with the British soldiers, in "The Temple"? What happens after they resurface?
8. What happens when the narrator goes to visit Tillinghast in "From Beyond"?
9. Describe the journey of Iranon to Oonai in "The Quest of Iranon." How long does it take?
10. How does "From Beyond" end? How does the narrator escape?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)