|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Hypnos?
2. The old man of Ulthar was well-studied in the seven cryptical books of earth and what?
(a) Pnakotic Manuscripts.
(b) Orisanes Manuscripts.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Dark Book.
3. Where does West go on to open a private practice, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) New York.
(b) New Mexico.
(c) New Hampsire.
4. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
5. Where was "The Other Gods" first published?
(a) The Fantasy Fan.
(b) The Fantasy Reader.
(c) The United Amateur.
(d) Reader's Digest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did the dean of the medical school kill and devour, after being reanimated, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
2. What is the name of the High priest, in "The Other Gods"?
3. Who died before his friend, in "The Tree"?
4. Who had gone missing before the narrator goes to visit his friend, in "From Beyond"?
5. Where is the character Iranon from, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Altberg's vessel become trapped, in "The Temple"?
2. What is the objective of Barzai, in "The Other Gods"?
3. What happens to Altberg's crew after the ivory figurine is brought aboard the craft?
4. What theory does Herbert West develop in college? What does this lead to?
5. What does Herbert West do in Boston? What are the effects of his experiments there?
6. What happens in the ending of "Hypnos"? What does the narrator discover?
7. What does the olive tree do in the ending of "The Tree"?
8. What happens to make the characters in "Hypnos" desire to stay awake?
9. What happens to the dean in "Herbert West-Reanimator"? Where is he placed after capture?
10. Who is Crawford Tillinghast? What is his obsession?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)