|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy Iranon befriends in Teloth?
2. How many people did the dean of the medical school kill and devour, after being reanimated, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
3. In "The Other Gods," the gods left a graven image on the face of the mountain which they called what?
4. What were both sculptors in "The Tree" summoned to create a sculpture of?
5. What is the young apprentice priest's name, in "The Other Gods"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the years that Iranon and the boy travel, what is unusual about Iranon's age?
2. Where do the gods of earth dwell in "The Other Gods"?
3. What mountain is described in the opening of "The Tree"?
4. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
5. How are the stranger's eyes described, in "Hypnos"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Altberg's crew after the ivory figurine is brought aboard the craft?
2. How does "From Beyond" end? How does the narrator escape?
3. Who are the central characters in "The Tree"? What do they do?
4. Where does Iranon go after leaving Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"? How does the story end?
5. What happens to the dean in "Herbert West-Reanimator"? Where is he placed after capture?
6. Where is Iranon in the beginning of "The Quest of Iranon"? How is it described?
7. Who is the central character in "The Temple"? What is the narrative style of the work?
8. Describe Herbert West in "Herbert West-Reanimator." Where does he meet the narrator?
9. What theory does Herbert West develop in college? What does this lead to?
10. How does Tillinghast define the "blobs" once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)