|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the years that Iranon and the boy travel, what is unusual about Iranon's age?
(a) He aged in reverse.
(b) He didn't age.
(c) He aged slowly.
(d) He aged quickly.
2. In what do the gods travel, in "The Other Gods"?
(a) Cloud ships.
(b) Silver sleighs.
(c) Golden air ships.
(d) Golden chariots.
3. The narrator in, "Hypnos," writes of the stranger, "this man was a faun's statue out of antique ____..."
4. Who tells the stranger about Aira, in the end of "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) A thief.
(b) A king.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A beggar.
5. Where was the short story "Hypnos"first published?
(a) The United Amateur.
(b) The Fantasy Reader.
(c) The National Amateur.
(d) Reader's Digest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
2. Who wrote the opening quote, in the short story "Hypnos"?
3. What does one of the officers of the submarine find and take on board, in "The Temple"?
4. What does the narrator do for employment, in "Hypnos"?
5. What does Iranon do as he travels in "The Quest of Iranon"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)