|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy suggests to Iranon to travel to what city after Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
2. Where is Tillinghast's laboratory, in "From Beyond"?
(a) His kitchen.
(b) His attic.
(c) His basement.
(d) His parlor.
3. Who dies in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(b) The king.
(c) The queen.
4. How was Major Sir Eric Moreland Clapham-Lee killed, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
5. Where have men "heard the sighs of the gods in the plaintive dawn-winds," in "The Other Gods"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator describes the stranger as having a brow as "white as the marble of" whom, in "Hypnos"?
2. Where was "The Other Gods" first published?
3. What does one of the officers of the submarine find and take on board, in "The Temple"?
4. What does Tillinghast tell the narrator they are viewing with the machine on, in "From Beyond"?
5. When was "The Other Gods" first published?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does "The Other Gods" take place? Where have this setting and some characters been seen previously?
2. What is the objective of Barzai, in "The Other Gods"?
3. What happens at the top of the mountain in "The Other Gods"? What do they do?
4. How are Musides and Kalos similar? How are they different?
5. Describe the beginning of "Hypnos." Where is the narrator when he meets a stranger?
6. How does Altberg's vessel become trapped, in "The Temple"?
7. What does the olive tree do in the ending of "The Tree"?
8. How does "From Beyond" end? How does the narrator escape?
9. Who is Crawford Tillinghast? What is his obsession?
10. What theory does Herbert West develop in college? What does this lead to?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)