|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose artwork surmounts a pillar in Athens near the Parthenon, in "The Tree"?
2. What does Iranon do as he travels in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) Sells books.
(b) Paints portraits.
(c) Sells jewels.
3. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
4. Where was "The Other Gods" first published?
(a) The Fantasy Fan.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) The United Amateur.
(d) The Fantasy Reader.
5. Whose sculpture stands in a marble shrine in Corinth, in "The Tree"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the officers of the submarine find and take on board, in "The Temple"?
2. Who engaged in heavy drinking and reveling in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
3. What does Altberg do once the cameras are turned off, in "The Temple"?
4. Where is the character Iranon from, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
5. Who "would meditate upon the visions that filled his mind, and there devise the forms of beauty which later became immortal in breathing marble," in "The Tree"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interest bonds the two characters in "Hypnos"? How do they pursue this interest?
2. How does "From Beyond" end? How does the narrator escape?
3. How does Tillinghast define the "blobs" once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
4. What becomes of Kalos, in the story "The Tree"?
5. What happens when the narrator goes to visit Tillinghast in "From Beyond"?
6. Where does Iranon go after leaving Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"? How does the story end?
7. Who are the central characters in "The Tree"? What do they do?
8. What happens to the dean in "Herbert West-Reanimator"? Where is he placed after capture?
9. How are Musides and Kalos similar? How are they different?
10. What does Herbert West do in Boston? What are the effects of his experiments there?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)