|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died before his friend, in "The Tree"?
(d) The king.
2. In "The Other Gods," the gods left a graven image on the face of the mountain which they called what?
3. What does Iranon do as he travels in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) Sells books.
(b) Sells jewels.
(c) Paints portraits.
4. Whom does West reanimate who kills and eats a child, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) The narrator.
(b) A professor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A boxer.
5. Ulthar lies beyond what river, in "The Other Gods"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who engaged in heavy drinking and reveling in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
2. Where have men "heard the sighs of the gods in the plaintive dawn-winds," in "The Other Gods"?
3. What were both sculptors in "The Tree" summoned to create a sculpture of?
4. Where was "The Other Gods" first published?
5. It is suggested that the city of Oonai might in fact be what, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to make the characters in "Hypnos" desire to stay awake?
2. What theory does Herbert West develop in college? What does this lead to?
3. What is the objective of Barzai, in "The Other Gods"?
4. What happens to Altberg's crew after the ivory figurine is brought aboard the craft?
5. Who is Crawford Tillinghast? What is his obsession?
6. How are Musides and Kalos similar? How are they different?
7. Where does "The Other Gods" take place? Where have this setting and some characters been seen previously?
8. What happens at the top of the mountain in "The Other Gods"? What do they do?
9. What happens in the ending of "Hypnos"? What does the narrator discover?
10. What interest bonds the two characters in "Hypnos"? How do they pursue this interest?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)