|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Hypnos?
2. What is the name of the boy Iranon befriends in Teloth?
3. What does Altberg allow the British soldiers to do while his cameras are recording, in "The Temple"?
(a) Call for help.
(b) Call home.
(c) Keep their weapons.
4. What were both sculptors in "The Tree" summoned to create a sculpture of?
5. What happens when the servants turn on the lights, in "From Beyond"?
(a) They were eaten.
(b) They imploded.
(c) They saw the Dagon.
(d) They fell asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what do the gods travel, in "The Other Gods"?
2. Ulthar lies beyond what river, in "The Other Gods"?
3. Who dies in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
4. Where does the narrator meet the stranger, in "Hypnos"?
5. The narrator describes the stranger as having a brow as "white as the marble of" whom, in "Hypnos"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Altberg's crew after the ivory figurine is brought aboard the craft?
2. What theory does Herbert West develop in college? What does this lead to?
3. Describe the journey of Iranon to Oonai in "The Quest of Iranon." How long does it take?
4. How does Altberg's vessel become trapped, in "The Temple"?
5. What happens to make the characters in "Hypnos" desire to stay awake?
6. Who is Crawford Tillinghast? What is his obsession?
7. What happens to the dean in "Herbert West-Reanimator"? Where is he placed after capture?
8. How does "From Beyond" end? How does the narrator escape?
9. Who does Iranon befriend in Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
10. Where does "The Other Gods" take place? Where have this setting and some characters been seen previously?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)