|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to follow the submarine, in "The Temple"?
2. How many people did the dean of the medical school kill and devour, after being reanimated, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
3. How old is the stranger the narrator meets, in "Hypnos"?
(a) Almost 30.
(b) Almost 20.
(c) Almost 60.
(d) Almost 40.
4. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
5. Where is the olive grove described in "The Tree"?
(b) Southern France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the submarine surfaces again, what do the crew find on the hub, in "The Temple"?
2. Where did Herbert West attend college?
3. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
4. Who dies in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
5. The people of Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon," are described as very what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the top of the mountain in "The Other Gods"? What do they do?
2. How does Tillinghast define the "blobs" once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
3. Who is the central character in "The Temple"? What is the narrative style of the work?
4. Describe Herbert West in "Herbert West-Reanimator." Where does he meet the narrator?
5. Who does Iranon befriend in Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
6. What does the olive tree do in the ending of "The Tree"?
7. What theory does Herbert West develop in college? What does this lead to?
8. What happens to Altberg's crew after the ivory figurine is brought aboard the craft?
9. What happens in the ending of "Hypnos"? What does the narrator discover?
10. Where does Iranon go after leaving Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"? How does the story end?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)