|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
2. Who dies in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) The king.
(d) The queen.
3. Who, in Greek religion and mythology, is the god of shepherds, flocks, mountain wilds, hunting, and rustic music, as well as being a companion of the nymphs?
4. What is described as near the olive grove in "The Tree"?
(a) A well.
(b) A castle.
(c) A tomb.
(d) A temple.
5. Who "revelled by night amidst the urban gaieties of Tegea," in "The Tree"?
(c) The warriors.
(d) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what branch of the military is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
2. In "Herbert West-Reanimator," West develops a theory that the human body is entirely what?
3. Where does Iranon first go, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
4. The boy suggests to Iranon to travel to what city after Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
5. What does Iranon meet upon leaving Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Iranon befriend in Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
2. What does the olive tree do in the ending of "The Tree"?
3. Describe the style and themes in "The Other Gods." Where is the horror in the story?
4. How does Tillinghast define the "blobs" once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
5. Describe the journey of Iranon to Oonai in "The Quest of Iranon." How long does it take?
6. Where does "The Other Gods" take place? Where have this setting and some characters been seen previously?
7. What is the objective of Barzai, in "The Other Gods"?
8. What happens when the narrator goes to visit Tillinghast in "From Beyond"?
9. What happens at the top of the mountain in "The Other Gods"? What do they do?
10. What interest bonds the two characters in "Hypnos"? How do they pursue this interest?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)