|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summoned the two sculptors in "The Tree" to build statues for him?
(b) The king.
(c) The Tyrant of Syracuse.
2. What begins to follow the submarine, in "The Temple"?
3. What is described as near the olive grove in "The Tree"?
(a) A castle.
(b) A tomb.
(c) A temple.
(d) A well.
4. Who "would meditate upon the visions that filled his mind, and there devise the forms of beauty which later became immortal in breathing marble," in "The Tree"?
(b) The king.
(d) The prince.
5. The boy suggests to Iranon to travel to what city after Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose artwork surmounts a pillar in Athens near the Parthenon, in "The Tree"?
2. What are the servants afraid to do at Tillinghast's house, in "From Beyond"?
3. What does Altberg allow the British soldiers to do while his cameras are recording, in "The Temple"?
4. When was "The Other Gods" first published?
5. Once the submarine surfaces again, what do the crew find on the hub, in "The Temple"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of Kalos, in the story "The Tree"?
2. Where is Iranon in the beginning of "The Quest of Iranon"? How is it described?
3. How are Musides and Kalos similar? How are they different?
4. What interest bonds the two characters in "Hypnos"? How do they pursue this interest?
5. What happens in the ending of "Hypnos"? What does the narrator discover?
6. How does Altberg's vessel become trapped, in "The Temple"?
7. What theory does Herbert West develop in college? What does this lead to?
8. What does Herbert West do in Boston? What are the effects of his experiments there?
9. What happens to the dean in "Herbert West-Reanimator"? Where is he placed after capture?
10. Who are the central characters in "The Tree"? What do they do?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)