|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what branch of the military is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
(a) Air Force.
2. What mountain is described in the opening of "The Tree"?
(a) Mount Maenalus.
(b) Mount McKinley.
(c) Mount Vesuvius.
(d) Mount Herod.
3. How is the stranger dressed whom the narrator encounters, in "Hypnos"?
(a) In red.
(b) In white.
(c) In blue.
(d) In black.
4. Who is the dean of the medical school, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
5. Whose sculpture stands in a marble shrine in Corinth, in "The Tree"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Other Gods," the gods left a graven image on the face of the mountain which they called what?
2. Who is the friend of the narrator in "From Beyond"?
3. In what war do the narrator and West volunteer, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
4. The narrator describes the stranger as having a brow as "white as the marble of" whom, in "Hypnos"?
5. What is the name of the High priest, in "The Other Gods"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Altberg's vessel become trapped, in "The Temple"?
2. What becomes of Kalos, in the story "The Tree"?
3. What happens to make the characters in "Hypnos" desire to stay awake?
4. Describe Herbert West in "Herbert West-Reanimator." Where does he meet the narrator?
5. What happens to the dean in "Herbert West-Reanimator"? Where is he placed after capture?
6. Who does Iranon befriend in Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
7. What does Herbert West do in Boston? What are the effects of his experiments there?
8. What happens at the top of the mountain in "The Other Gods"? What do they do?
9. Who are the central characters in "The Tree"? What do they do?
10. Where does Iranon go after leaving Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"? How does the story end?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)