|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
(a) Yellow light.
(c) Dark ooze.
(d) White light.
2. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) He dies.
(b) He wakes up.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He gets married.
3. What great stone city had once stood by the lake, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
4. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) The Amateur.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) Pine Cones.
(d) Fantasy Reader.
5. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
2. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
3. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
4. Where does the narrator find himself in the end of "The White Ship"?
5. After how many days does the boy traveler's kitten go missing, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dream land of the narrator in "Polaris." What is taking place in the dream-world?
2. How long is the hero's journey to Cathuria in "The White Ship"? What happens in the end of the story?
3. What law rules the land in Ulthar? What does the narrator describe as happening before the law went into place?
4. Where is the monolith in "Dagon"? What does the sailor find there?
5. What do the townspeople discover in the ending of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
6. What action takes place in the beginning of "Dagon"? What is the setting?
7. Describe the narrative style of "Dagon." What is the voice of the narration?
8. Describe the narrator of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep." How does he introduce the story?
9. What happens to the narrator, in the ending of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"? Where does the light being go?
10. How is Celephais described? Where does Kurane decide to travel there?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)