|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A U.F.O.
(c) An American warship.
(d) A pirate ship.
2. What is the name of the god the beings of Ib worship?
3. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) Pine Cones.
(b) The Amateur.
(c) Fantasy Reader.
(d) Reader's Digest.
4. Where is the demon hiding which the being goes to destroy, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
5. What is the name of the young boy among the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what land, in "The White Ship," is there neither time nor space, suffering nor death?
2. Where does the narrator find himself in the end of "The White Ship"?
3. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
4. Where does the narrator decide to travel after many eons, in "The White Ship"?
5. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Altberg's crew after the ivory figurine is brought aboard the craft?
2. Describe the narrator of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep." How does he introduce the story?
3. Describe Herbert West in "Herbert West-Reanimator." Where does he meet the narrator?
4. Where does the sailor go after escaping the war ship in "Dagon"? Where does he find himself?
5. What happens to Sarnath after the slaying of the creatures of Ib? For how many years does the city prosper?
6. Describe the protagonist of "Celephais." Where does he live?
7. Where is the monolith in "Dagon"? What does the sailor find there?
8. Describe the beginning of "Hypnos." Where is the narrator when he meets a stranger?
9. What does the olive tree do in the ending of "The Tree"?
10. What happens to the dean in "Herbert West-Reanimator"? Where is he placed after capture?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)