|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the psychiatric patient from, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Western Kentucky.
(b) Southern Illinois.
(c) Upstate New York.
(d) Upstate Massachusetts.
2. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
(a) The United Amateur.
(b) The Fantasy Reader.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The Written Word.
3. Where was it rumored the people of Ib had descended from where, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(c) The moon.
4. What is Kurane in his family lineage, in "Celephais"?
(d) Middle child.
5. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
(b) A giant whale.
(d) Grey ooze.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator, in "Celephais," describes Kurane as not what?
2. What does a boy messenger report seeing, surrounding the cotter's house, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
3. What do the townspeople find in the cotter's house, at the end of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
4. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
5. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the third day the visitors are in Ulthar?
2. Where does the sailor go after escaping the war ship in "Dagon"? Where does he find himself?
3. How long is the hero's journey to Cathuria in "The White Ship"? What happens in the end of the story?
4. Describe the protagonist of "Celephais." Where does he live?
5. Who is the protagonist of "The White Ship"? Where is he when the story begins?
6. Describe the narrator of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep." How does he introduce the story?
7. Describe the hero's journeys to Xura and Sona-Nyl in "The White Ship." How long does he stay?
8. What happens to Kurane in the ending of "Celephais"?
9. What strangers arrive in Ulthar? How are they described in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
10. How is Celephais described? Where does Kurane decide to travel there?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)