|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Celephais, there is no what?
2. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
3. Celephais is located in the valley of what?
4. What do the townspeople find in the cotter's house, at the end of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
5. What great stone city had once stood by the lake, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
2. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
3. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
4. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
5. Where was it rumored the people of Ib had descended from where, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What law rules the land in Ulthar? What does the narrator describe as happening before the law went into place?
2. What happens to Sarnath after the slaying of the creatures of Ib? For how many years does the city prosper?
3. How long is the hero's journey to Cathuria in "The White Ship"? What happens in the end of the story?
4. Describe the beginning of "Polaris." Where is the narrator?
5. Who is the protagonist of "The White Ship"? Where is he when the story begins?
6. What strangers arrive in Ulthar? How are they described in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
7. What happens on the third day the visitors are in Ulthar?
8. How is Celephais described? Where does Kurane decide to travel there?
9. Describe the narrator of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep." How does he introduce the story?
10. What happens to Kurane in the ending of "Celephais"?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)