|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Joe Slater.
(b) Joe Martin.
(c) Andy Slater.
(d) Jerry Slater.
2. Celephais is located beyond what hills?
(a) Ooth Hills.
(b) Cerenerian Hills.
(c) Tanarian hills.
(d) Athib Hills.
3. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A star.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A bird.
4. What great stone city had once stood by the lake, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
5. What is the name of the sailor Kurane hires, in "Celephais"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
2. Where does the narrator first sail, in "The White Ship"?
3. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
4. What did the old cotter like to do, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
5. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the townspeople discover in the ending of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
2. Where does the sailor go after escaping the war ship in "Dagon"? Where does he find himself?
3. What does the narrator write about Slater's behavior at the hospital, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"? What is notable about his dreams?
4. How long is the hero's journey to Cathuria in "The White Ship"? What happens in the end of the story?
5. What do the settlers of Sarnath discover, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"? Who are their neighbors?
6. Describe the dream land of the narrator in "Polaris." What is taking place in the dream-world?
7. What happens on the third day the visitors are in Ulthar?
8. What happens to the narrator, in the ending of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"? Where does the light being go?
9. What is the setting of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"? How does the narrator describe the location?
10. What does Kurane do once he has reappeared in London, in "Celephais"?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)