|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kurane has believe has been sucked out of the life of modern men, in "Celephais"?
2. What is Polaris another name for?
(a) The Big Dipper.
(c) The North Star.
3. Where does the narrator decide to travel after many eons, in "The White Ship"?
4. What is the name of the land in which the narrator finds himself dreaming, in "Polaris"?
5. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator to do if the Inutos gain the upper hand in the battle, in "Polaris"?
2. What is the name of the god the beings of Ib worship?
3. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
4. What is the name of the narrator in "The White Ship"?
5. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the sailor go after escaping the war ship in "Dagon"? Where does he find himself?
2. What law rules the land in Ulthar? What does the narrator describe as happening before the law went into place?
3. Describe the dream land of the narrator in "Polaris." What is taking place in the dream-world?
4. What do the townspeople discover in the ending of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
5. What happens to Kurane in the ending of "Celephais"?
6. What does Kurane do once he has reappeared in London, in "Celephais"?
7. Describe the narrator of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep." How does he introduce the story?
8. Describe the hero's journeys to Xura and Sona-Nyl in "The White Ship." How long does he stay?
9. What is the narrator's job in the climax of "Polaris"? Where does he go?
10. Describe the beginning of "Polaris." Where is the narrator?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)