|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
2. The narrator, in "Celephais," describes Kurane as not what?
3. Who are the enemies of the people of Olathoe, in "Polaris"?
4. What is referred to as the land of pleasures unattained, in "The White Ship"?
5. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
(a) A pirate ship.
(b) An American warship.
(c) A submarine.
(d) A U.F.O.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
2. When was the story "Polaris" written?
3. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
4. What happens to the lake in the ending of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
5. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the narrator, in the ending of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"? Where does the light being go?
2. Who is the protagonist of "The White Ship"? Where is he when the story begins?
3. What action takes place in the beginning of "Dagon"? What is the setting?
4. What is the setting of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"? How does the narrator describe the location?
5. What does the narrator write about Slater's behavior at the hospital, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"? What is notable about his dreams?
6. What strangers arrive in Ulthar? How are they described in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
7. What do the settlers of Sarnath discover, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"? Who are their neighbors?
8. How is the land of Zar described in "The White Ship"? How is Thalarian described?
9. Describe the dream land of the narrator in "Polaris." What is taking place in the dream-world?
10. When does Joe Slater come to the hospital in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"? How is Slater described?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)