|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is referred to as the land of pleasures unattained, in "The White Ship"?
2. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
3. The narrator, in "Celephais," describes Kurane as not what?
4. Where does the narrator first sail, in "The White Ship"?
5. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
2. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
3. What does the narrator long to be, but was found unworthy, in "Polaris"?
4. Where was "The Cats of Ulthar" first published?
5. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the protagonist of "Celephais." Where does he live?
2. What is the narrator's job in the climax of "Polaris"? Where does he go?
3. What strangers arrive in Ulthar? How are they described in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
4. How is the land of Zar described in "The White Ship"? How is Thalarian described?
5. What do the settlers of Sarnath discover, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"? Who are their neighbors?
6. How is Celephais described? Where does Kurane decide to travel there?
7. Describe the hero's journeys to Xura and Sona-Nyl in "The White Ship." How long does he stay?
8. When does Joe Slater come to the hospital in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"? How is Slater described?
9. How long is the hero's journey to Cathuria in "The White Ship"? What happens in the end of the story?
10. What do the townspeople discover in the ending of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)