Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the lake in the ending of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) It rises.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It dries completely.
(d) It sinks.
2. What is the high priest of Sarnath writing when he dies?
3. What did the old cotter like to do, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
(a) Kill cats.
(b) Eat steak.
(d) Shoot dogs.
4. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Joe Martin.
(b) Joe Slater.
(c) Andy Slater.
(d) Jerry Slater.
5. What is described as the pink marble city, in "Celephais"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kurane in his family lineage, in "Celephais"?
2. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
3. Where does Kurane live in the beginning of "Celephais"?
4. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
5. Where does the narrator find himself in the end of "The White Ship"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the olive tree do in the ending of "The Tree"?
2. What is the setting of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"? How does the narrator describe the location?
3. What does Kurane do once he has reappeared in London, in "Celephais"?
4. Describe the narrative style of "Dagon." What is the voice of the narration?
5. What theory does Herbert West develop in college? What does this lead to?
6. What do the townspeople discover in the ending of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
7. What becomes of Kalos, in the story "The Tree"?
8. How is the land of Zar described in "The White Ship"? How is Thalarian described?
9. How does Altberg's vessel become trapped, in "The Temple"?
10. How long is the hero's journey to Cathuria in "The White Ship"? What happens in the end of the story?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)