|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Tillinghast since the narrator had last seen him, in "From Beyond"?
(a) He got younger.
(b) He grew fat.
(c) He grew thin.
(d) He had died.
2. In what branch of the military is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
(a) Air Force.
3. What is the name of the boy Iranon befriends in Teloth?
4. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
(a) A sea-creature.
(b) An evil spirit.
(c) A giant rock.
(d) The olive tree.
5. What is the name of the High priest, in "The Other Gods"?
6. What rank is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
7. What happens when the servants turn on the lights, in "From Beyond"?
(a) They fell asleep.
(b) They imploded.
(c) They were eaten.
(d) They saw the Dagon.
8. Where do the gods of earth dwell in "The Other Gods"?
(a) Atop the tallest of earth's peaks.
(b) In the earth's deepest valleys.
(c) Beyond Mount Olympus.
(d) Beyond the River Styx.
9. What does Iranon meet upon leaving Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) A priest.
(b) A nun.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A warrior.
10. In the years that Iranon and the boy travel, what is unusual about Iranon's age?
(a) He didn't age.
(b) He aged slowly.
(c) He aged quickly.
(d) He aged in reverse.
11. How many people did the dean of the medical school kill and devour, after being reanimated, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
12. The narrator of "From Beyond" states, in the beginning of the narrative, he hasn't seen his friend for how long?
(a) 2 and 1/2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 months.
13. Who had gone missing before the narrator goes to visit his friend, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Joe Slater.
(b) Two servants.
(c) Basil Elton.
(d) Crawford Tillinghast.
14. Who summoned the two sculptors in "The Tree" to build statues for him?
(a) The Tyrant of Syracuse.
(d) The king.
15. How is the stranger dressed whom the narrator encounters, in "Hypnos"?
(a) In red.
(b) In black.
(c) In white.
(d) In blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breaks out in the town, giving West a large number of cadavers, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
2. What does the narrator see moving about once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
3. What begins to follow the submarine, in "The Temple"?
4. Whose sculpture stands in a marble shrine in Corinth, in "The Tree"?
5. Once the submarine surfaces again, what do the crew find on the hub, in "The Temple"?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)