|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Herbert West pay for bodies early in his experiments?
(a) A prison.
(b) A grave robber.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A morgue.
2. What is the young apprentice priest's name, in "The Other Gods"?
3. The narrator describes the stranger as having a brow as "white as the marble of" whom, in "Hypnos"?
4. The captain's log, of "The Temple," was found off the coast of what?
5. Who is the friend of the narrator in "From Beyond"?
(b) Basil Elton.
(c) Joe Slater.
(d) Crawford Tillinghast.
6. Who is the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Hypnos?
7. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
8. In "Herbert West-Reanimator," West develops a theory that the human body is entirely what?
(c) Composed of metal.
(d) Composed of light.
9. What is described as near the olive grove in "The Tree"?
(a) A tomb.
(b) A castle.
(c) A temple.
(d) A well.
10. What can Tillinghast's machine activate, in "From Beyond"?
(a) The endocrine gland.
(b) The thyroid gland.
(c) The pineal gland.
(d) The pituitary gland.
11. Where does the narrator meet the stranger, in "Hypnos"?
(a) A train station.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A morgue.
(d) A cemetery.
12. What does Altberg do once the cameras are turned off, in "The Temple"?
(a) Tortures the soldiers.
(b) Frees the soldiers.
(c) Embraces the soldiers.
(d) Kills the soldiers.
13. What British freighter is destroyed, in "The Temple"?
(a) The Victory.
(b) The Spirit of St. Louis.
(c) The Lady Mercy.
(d) The White Knight.
14. What breaks out in the town, giving West a large number of cadavers, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
15. Whom does West reanimate who kills and eats a child, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) A boxer.
(b) A nurse.
(c) The narrator.
(d) A professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Herbert West attend college?
2. What mountain is described in the opening of "The Tree"?
3. Where is the olive grove described in "The Tree"?
4. The narrator in, "Hypnos," writes of the stranger, "this man was a faun's statue out of antique ____..."
5. Who tells the stranger about Aira, in the end of "The Quest of Iranon"?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)