|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator meet the stranger, in "Hypnos"?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A train station.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A morgue.
2. Where do the gods of earth dwell in "The Other Gods"?
(a) In the earth's deepest valleys.
(b) Beyond Mount Olympus.
(c) Beyond the River Styx.
(d) Atop the tallest of earth's peaks.
3. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
4. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
(a) World War II.
(b) The American Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Korean War.
5. Whom does West reanimate who kills and eats a child, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) A boxer.
(b) The narrator.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A professor.
6. The narrator in, "Hypnos," writes of the stranger, "this man was a faun's statue out of antique ____..."
7. What British freighter is destroyed, in "The Temple"?
(a) The Spirit of St. Louis.
(b) The Lady Mercy.
(c) The Victory.
(d) The White Knight.
8. Who summoned the two sculptors in "The Tree" to build statues for him?
(c) The king.
(d) The Tyrant of Syracuse.
9. What does Altberg do once the cameras are turned off, in "The Temple"?
(a) Kills the soldiers.
(b) Tortures the soldiers.
(c) Frees the soldiers.
(d) Embraces the soldiers.
10. In "The Other Gods," the gods left a graven image on the face of the mountain which they called what?
11. What does Altberg allow the British soldiers to do while his cameras are recording, in "The Temple"?
(a) Keep their weapons.
(c) Call for help.
(d) Call home.
12. Where is Tillinghast's laboratory, in "From Beyond"?
(a) His basement.
(b) His parlor.
(c) His kitchen.
(d) His attic.
13. Lovecraft writes in "The Other Gods," "But now they have betaken themselves to unknown ____ in the cold waste where no man treads."
14. What were both sculptors in "The Tree" summoned to create a sculpture of?
15. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Hypnos?
2. Who does Herbert West pay for bodies early in his experiments?
3. The captain's log, of "The Temple," was found off the coast of what?
4. What is knocked over and burns Herbert West's laboratory?
5. What has happened to Tillinghast since the narrator had last seen him, in "From Beyond"?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)