|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iranon do as he travels in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(b) Paints portraits.
(c) Sells books.
(d) Sells jewels.
2. Who died before his friend, in "The Tree"?
(c) The king.
3. What is the name of the High priest, in "The Other Gods"?
4. Where have men "heard the sighs of the gods in the plaintive dawn-winds," in "The Other Gods"?
5. Where is the olive grove described in "The Tree"?
(b) Southern France.
6. Who tells the stranger about Aira, in the end of "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A thief.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A king.
7. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
8. The stranger's voice, in "Hypnos," is described as "the music of deep viols and of crystalline" what?
9. What begins to follow the submarine, in "The Temple"?
10. Once the submarine surfaces again, what do the crew find on the hub, in "The Temple"?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) A whale carcass.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A silver ring.
11. Where is the character Iranon from, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
12. In what war do the narrator and West volunteer, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) The French and Indian War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War I.
13. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) The American Civil War.
(d) World War II.
14. Where does the narrator meet the stranger, in "Hypnos"?
(a) A morgue.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A train station.
(d) A hospital.
15. It is suggested that the city of Oonai might in fact be what, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy suggests to Iranon to travel to what city after Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
2. What rank is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
3. How is the stranger dressed whom the narrator encounters, in "Hypnos"?
4. What does the narrator do to the machine, in "From Beyond"?
5. What has Tillinghast always been fascinated by, in "From Beyond"?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)