|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the opening quote, in the short story "Hypnos"?
(a) Mary Shelley.
(b) Charles Baudelaire.
(c) Percy Shelley.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
2. Where was the short story "Hypnos"first published?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) The United Amateur.
(c) The Fantasy Reader.
(d) The National Amateur.
3. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
4. Who had gone missing before the narrator goes to visit his friend, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Two servants.
(b) Joe Slater.
(c) Crawford Tillinghast.
(d) Basil Elton.
5. Where does West go on to open a private practice, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) New Hampsire.
(c) New Mexico.
(d) New York.
6. Whose sculpture stands in a marble shrine in Corinth, in "The Tree"?
7. Who engaged in heavy drinking and reveling in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) The prince.
(d) The king.
8. Ulthar lies beyond what river, in "The Other Gods"?
9. Where is the olive grove described in "The Tree"?
(a) Southern France.
10. What is the name of the boy Iranon befriends in Teloth?
11. In what do the gods travel, in "The Other Gods"?
(a) Cloud ships.
(b) Silver sleighs.
(c) Golden chariots.
(d) Golden air ships.
12. What begins to follow the submarine, in "The Temple"?
13. Where have men "heard the sighs of the gods in the plaintive dawn-winds," in "The Other Gods"?
14. What were both sculptors in "The Tree" summoned to create a sculpture of?
15. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The American Civil War.
(d) World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see moving about once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
2. Who "would meditate upon the visions that filled his mind, and there devise the forms of beauty which later became immortal in breathing marble," in "The Tree"?
3. In what branch of the military is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
4. What are the servants afraid to do at Tillinghast's house, in "From Beyond"?
5. Altberg is the captain of what, in "The Temple"?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)