|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
(a) The olive tree.
(b) A sea-creature.
(c) An evil spirit.
(d) A giant rock.
2. Where is the character Iranon from, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
3. The boy suggests to Iranon to travel to what city after Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
4. Where does Iranon first go, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
5. What can Tillinghast's machine activate, in "From Beyond"?
(a) The endocrine gland.
(b) The thyroid gland.
(c) The pineal gland.
(d) The pituitary gland.
6. Where is the olive grove described in "The Tree"?
(c) Southern France.
7. The people of Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon," are described as very what?
8. In "Herbert West-Reanimator," West develops a theory that the human body is entirely what?
(a) Composed of metal.
(c) Composed of light.
9. In the years that Iranon and the boy travel, what is unusual about Iranon's age?
(a) He aged slowly.
(b) He didn't age.
(c) He aged in reverse.
(d) He aged quickly.
10. Who engaged in heavy drinking and reveling in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(b) The prince.
(d) The king.
11. What is the name of the High priest, in "The Other Gods"?
12. In what war do the narrator and West volunteer, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The French and Indian War.
13. What does the narrator see moving about once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
14. What is the name of the boy Iranon befriends in Teloth?
15. Who had gone missing before the narrator goes to visit his friend, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Joe Slater.
(b) Crawford Tillinghast.
(c) Two servants.
(d) Basil Elton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
2. Who is the friend of the narrator in "From Beyond"?
3. What does the narrator do for employment, in "Hypnos"?
4. What does one of the officers of the submarine find and take on board, in "The Temple"?
5. What is knocked over and burns Herbert West's laboratory?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)