|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator of "From Beyond" states, in the beginning of the narrative, he hasn't seen his friend for how long?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 and 1/2 months.
2. In what do the gods travel, in "The Other Gods"?
(a) Silver sleighs.
(b) Golden air ships.
(c) Golden chariots.
(d) Cloud ships.
3. What does the narrator do to the machine, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Sells it.
(b) Steals it.
(c) Shoots it.
(d) Buys it.
4. What does Iranon do as he travels in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) Sells books.
(b) Paints portraits.
(d) Sells jewels.
5. The boy suggests to Iranon to travel to what city after Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
6. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) The American Civil War.
(d) The Korean War.
7. What does the narrator do for employment, in "Hypnos"?
(a) He is a journalist.
(b) He is a sculptor.
(c) He is a scientist.
(d) He is an astronaut.
8. Who summoned the two sculptors in "The Tree" to build statues for him?
(a) The Tyrant of Syracuse.
(c) The king.
9. Lovecraft writes in "The Other Gods," "But now they have betaken themselves to unknown ____ in the cold waste where no man treads."
10. What does Altberg find coming from the temple, in "The Temple"?
11. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
12. Once the submarine surfaces again, what do the crew find on the hub, in "The Temple"?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) A whale carcass.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A silver ring.
13. What breaks out in the town, giving West a large number of cadavers, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
14. Who is the dean of the medical school, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
15. What is described as near the olive grove in "The Tree"?
(a) A well.
(b) A castle.
(c) A temple.
(d) A tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was "The Other Gods" first published?
2. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
3. The people of Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon," are described as very what?
4. Who is the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Hypnos?
5. In what war do the narrator and West volunteer, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)