|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the stranger dressed whom the narrator encounters, in "Hypnos"?
(a) In white.
(b) In red.
(c) In blue.
(d) In black.
2. Where did Herbert West attend college?
(a) Sarnath University.
(b) Celephais University.
(c) Alironks University.
(d) Mistkatonic University.
3. Whose artwork surmounts a pillar in Athens near the Parthenon, in "The Tree"?
4. Who wrote the opening quote, in the short story "Hypnos"?
(a) Mary Shelley.
(b) Percy Shelley.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Charles Baudelaire.
5. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
(a) The olive tree.
(b) An evil spirit.
(c) A sea-creature.
(d) A giant rock.
6. What does the narrator see moving about once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
7. Where does Iranon first go, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
8. When was "Hypnos" first published?
9. Altberg is the captain of what, in "The Temple"?
(a) An oil tanker.
(b) A war ship.
(c) A freight ship.
(d) A submarine.
10. What is the young apprentice priest's name, in "The Other Gods"?
11. What happens when the servants turn on the lights, in "From Beyond"?
(a) They saw the Dagon.
(b) They imploded.
(c) They were eaten.
(d) They fell asleep.
12. What has happened to Tillinghast since the narrator had last seen him, in "From Beyond"?
(a) He had died.
(b) He grew fat.
(c) He grew thin.
(d) He got younger.
13. Where was "The Other Gods" first published?
(a) The United Amateur.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) The Fantasy Reader.
(d) The Fantasy Fan.
14. Who engaged in heavy drinking and reveling in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) The king.
(d) The prince.
15. Where have men "heard the sighs of the gods in the plaintive dawn-winds," in "The Other Gods"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator of "From Beyond" states, in the beginning of the narrative, he hasn't seen his friend for how long?
2. How old is the stranger the narrator meets, in "Hypnos"?
3. Who is the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Hypnos?
4. What is the name of the High priest, in "The Other Gods"?
5. Once the submarine surfaces again, what do the crew find on the hub, in "The Temple"?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)