|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is knocked over and burns Herbert West's laboratory?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A beaker.
(c) A bunson burner.
(d) A cigarette.
2. The people of Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon," are described as very what?
3. How is the stranger dressed whom the narrator encounters, in "Hypnos"?
(a) In red.
(b) In blue.
(c) In white.
(d) In black.
4. Where does West go on to open a private practice, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) New York.
(b) New Mexico.
(c) New Hampsire.
5. Where does the narrator meet the stranger, in "Hypnos"?
(a) A morgue.
(b) A train station.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A cemetery.
6. Who "revelled by night amidst the urban gaieties of Tegea," in "The Tree"?
(b) The warriors.
(c) The king.
7. In what war do the narrator and West volunteer, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The French and Indian War.
8. In what branch of the military is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
(d) Air Force.
9. The narrator describes the stranger as having a brow as "white as the marble of" whom, in "Hypnos"?
10. In the years that Iranon and the boy travel, what is unusual about Iranon's age?
(a) He aged quickly.
(b) He didn't age.
(c) He aged in reverse.
(d) He aged slowly.
11. What does Tillinghast tell the narrator they are viewing with the machine on, in "From Beyond"?
(c) Another reality.
(d) His dreams.
12. Who, in Greek religion and mythology, is the god of shepherds, flocks, mountain wilds, hunting, and rustic music, as well as being a companion of the nymphs?
13. The stranger's voice, in "Hypnos," is described as "the music of deep viols and of crystalline" what?
14. In "Herbert West-Reanimator," West develops a theory that the human body is entirely what?
(c) Composed of light.
(d) Composed of metal.
15. Whose sculpture stands in a marble shrine in Corinth, in "The Tree"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
2. Whom does West reanimate who kills and eats a child, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
3. How many people did the dean of the medical school kill and devour, after being reanimated, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
4. What were both sculptors in "The Tree" summoned to create a sculpture of?
5. Where do the gods of earth dwell in "The Other Gods"?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)