|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the High priest, in "The Other Gods"?
2. Where does Iranon first go, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
3. The boy suggests to Iranon to travel to what city after Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
4. What is the young apprentice priest's name, in "The Other Gods"?
5. Who, in Greek religion and mythology, is the god of shepherds, flocks, mountain wilds, hunting, and rustic music, as well as being a companion of the nymphs?
6. In "Herbert West-Reanimator," West develops a theory that the human body is entirely what?
(b) Composed of metal.
(d) Composed of light.
7. What is knocked over and burns Herbert West's laboratory?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A beaker.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A bunson burner.
8. In what do the gods travel, in "The Other Gods"?
(a) Cloud ships.
(b) Golden air ships.
(c) Silver sleighs.
(d) Golden chariots.
9. The narrator describes the stranger as having a brow as "white as the marble of" whom, in "Hypnos"?
10. What can Tillinghast's machine activate, in "From Beyond"?
(a) The thyroid gland.
(b) The endocrine gland.
(c) The pituitary gland.
(d) The pineal gland.
11. What does the narrator do for employment, in "Hypnos"?
(a) He is a scientist.
(b) He is an astronaut.
(c) He is a journalist.
(d) He is a sculptor.
12. Where did Herbert West attend college?
(a) Mistkatonic University.
(b) Sarnath University.
(c) Alironks University.
(d) Celephais University.
13. What has Tillinghast always been fascinated by, in "From Beyond"?
14. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
(a) A sea-creature.
(b) A giant rock.
(c) An evil spirit.
(d) The olive tree.
15. Who died before his friend, in "The Tree"?
(b) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summoned the two sculptors in "The Tree" to build statues for him?
2. Who had gone missing before the narrator goes to visit his friend, in "From Beyond"?
3. What has happened to Tillinghast since the narrator had last seen him, in "From Beyond"?
4. What does Altberg allow the British soldiers to do while his cameras are recording, in "The Temple"?
5. The stranger's voice, in "Hypnos," is described as "the music of deep viols and of crystalline" what?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)