|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the friend of the narrator in "From Beyond"?
(a) Joe Slater.
(c) Crawford Tillinghast.
(d) Basil Elton.
2. What does one of the officers of the submarine find and take on board, in "The Temple"?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) An ivory figurine.
(c) A silver ring.
(d) A gold figurine.
3. What has Tillinghast always been fascinated by, in "From Beyond"?
4. Altberg is the captain of what, in "The Temple"?
(a) An oil tanker.
(b) A freight ship.
(c) A war ship.
(d) A submarine.
5. When was "The Other Gods" first published?
6. In what war do the narrator and West volunteer, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The French and Indian War.
(d) World War I.
7. What has happened to Tillinghast since the narrator had last seen him, in "From Beyond"?
(a) He grew fat.
(b) He grew thin.
(c) He had died.
(d) He got younger.
8. Where was the short story "Hypnos"first published?
(a) The National Amateur.
(b) The United Amateur.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The Fantasy Reader.
9. What is the name of the High priest, in "The Other Gods"?
10. What breaks out in the town, giving West a large number of cadavers, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
11. When was "Hypnos" first published?
12. Who "would meditate upon the visions that filled his mind, and there devise the forms of beauty which later became immortal in breathing marble," in "The Tree"?
(a) The king.
(b) The prince.
13. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
14. Who had gone missing before the narrator goes to visit his friend, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Crawford Tillinghast.
(b) Two servants.
(c) Basil Elton.
(d) Joe Slater.
15. What is knocked over and burns Herbert West's laboratory?
(a) A beaker.
(b) A bunson burner.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who "revelled by night amidst the urban gaieties of Tegea," in "The Tree"?
2. The people of Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon," are described as very what?
3. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
4. Who, in Greek religion and mythology, is the god of shepherds, flocks, mountain wilds, hunting, and rustic music, as well as being a companion of the nymphs?
5. Who dies in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)