|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Major Sir Eric Moreland Clapham-Lee killed, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
2. Who dies in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(b) The queen.
(c) The king.
3. What mountain is described in the opening of "The Tree"?
(a) Mount McKinley.
(b) Mount Herod.
(c) Mount Maenalus.
(d) Mount Vesuvius.
4. Where is Tillinghast's laboratory, in "From Beyond"?
(a) His attic.
(b) His kitchen.
(c) His basement.
(d) His parlor.
5. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
6. What happens when the servants turn on the lights, in "From Beyond"?
(a) They saw the Dagon.
(b) They were eaten.
(c) They fell asleep.
(d) They imploded.
7. What does the narrator do to the machine, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Shoots it.
(b) Steals it.
(c) Sells it.
(d) Buys it.
8. Who engaged in heavy drinking and reveling in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) The king.
(d) The prince.
9. How many people did the dean of the medical school kill and devour, after being reanimated, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
10. Whom does West reanimate who kills and eats a child, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) A professor.
(b) A boxer.
(c) The narrator.
(d) A nurse.
11. Who is the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Hypnos?
12. What can Tillinghast's machine activate, in "From Beyond"?
(a) The pineal gland.
(b) The endocrine gland.
(c) The thyroid gland.
(d) The pituitary gland.
13. Ulthar lies beyond what river, in "The Other Gods"?
14. Where is the olive grove described in "The Tree"?
(a) Southern France.
15. It is suggested that the city of Oonai might in fact be what, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Iranon first go, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
2. How old is the stranger the narrator meets, in "Hypnos"?
3. Where have men "heard the sighs of the gods in the plaintive dawn-winds," in "The Other Gods"?
4. Lovecraft writes in "The Other Gods," "But now they have betaken themselves to unknown ____ in the cold waste where no man treads."
5. In "Herbert West-Reanimator," West develops a theory that the human body is entirely what?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)