|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who "would meditate upon the visions that filled his mind, and there devise the forms of beauty which later became immortal in breathing marble," in "The Tree"?
(b) The king.
(d) The prince.
2. What mountain is described in the opening of "The Tree"?
(a) Mount Maenalus.
(b) Mount Vesuvius.
(c) Mount McKinley.
(d) Mount Herod.
3. Where was "The Other Gods" first published?
(a) The Fantasy Fan.
(b) The United Amateur.
(c) The Fantasy Reader.
(d) Reader's Digest.
4. What is the name of the boy Iranon befriends in Teloth?
5. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
(a) A sea-creature.
(b) The olive tree.
(c) An evil spirit.
(d) A giant rock.
6. Who does Herbert West pay for bodies early in his experiments?
(a) A grave robber.
(b) A prison.
(c) A morgue.
(d) A hospital.
7. The stranger's voice, in "Hypnos," is described as "the music of deep viols and of crystalline" what?
8. Who died before his friend, in "The Tree"?
(c) The king.
9. What can Tillinghast's machine activate, in "From Beyond"?
(a) The pineal gland.
(b) The thyroid gland.
(c) The endocrine gland.
(d) The pituitary gland.
10. In what branch of the military is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
(d) Air Force.
11. When was "The Other Gods" first published?
12. What is described as near the olive grove in "The Tree"?
(a) A temple.
(b) A tomb.
(c) A well.
(d) A castle.
13. What does Altberg allow the British soldiers to do while his cameras are recording, in "The Temple"?
(b) Call home.
(c) Call for help.
(d) Keep their weapons.
14. What begins to follow the submarine, in "The Temple"?
15. Where is the character Iranon from, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The old man of Ulthar was well-studied in the seven cryptical books of earth and what?
2. In "Herbert West-Reanimator," West develops a theory that the human body is entirely what?
3. What does the narrator see moving about once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
4. What has Tillinghast always been fascinated by, in "From Beyond"?
5. Whose artwork surmounts a pillar in Athens near the Parthenon, in "The Tree"?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)