|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who "revelled by night amidst the urban gaieties of Tegea," in "The Tree"?
(b) The king.
(c) The warriors.
2. What is knocked over and burns Herbert West's laboratory?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A beaker.
(c) A bunson burner.
(d) A lantern.
3. Who is the dean of the medical school, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
4. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
5. What has Tillinghast always been fascinated by, in "From Beyond"?
6. How are the stranger's eyes described, in "Hypnos"?
7. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) The American Civil War.
(d) World War I.
8. How was Major Sir Eric Moreland Clapham-Lee killed, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
9. Where do the gods of earth dwell in "The Other Gods"?
(a) Beyond Mount Olympus.
(b) In the earth's deepest valleys.
(c) Atop the tallest of earth's peaks.
(d) Beyond the River Styx.
10. What does Altberg do once the cameras are turned off, in "The Temple"?
(a) Kills the soldiers.
(b) Frees the soldiers.
(c) Tortures the soldiers.
(d) Embraces the soldiers.
11. Where is the character Iranon from, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
12. Who "would meditate upon the visions that filled his mind, and there devise the forms of beauty which later became immortal in breathing marble," in "The Tree"?
(a) The prince.
(d) The king.
13. Who wrote the opening quote, in the short story "Hypnos"?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Percy Shelley.
(c) Charles Baudelaire.
(d) Mary Shelley.
14. The boy suggests to Iranon to travel to what city after Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
15. What is described as near the olive grove in "The Tree"?
(a) A castle.
(b) A well.
(c) A temple.
(d) A tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summoned the two sculptors in "The Tree" to build statues for him?
2. The people of Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon," are described as very what?
3. Where does the narrator meet the stranger, in "Hypnos"?
4. What does the narrator see moving about once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
5. In what branch of the military is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)