|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do for employment, in "Hypnos"?
(a) He is a scientist.
(b) He is a journalist.
(c) He is an astronaut.
(d) He is a sculptor.
2. The old man of Ulthar was well-studied in the seven cryptical books of earth and what?
(a) The Dark Book.
(b) Pnakotic Manuscripts.
(c) Orisanes Manuscripts.
(d) The Bible.
3. Lovecraft writes in "The Other Gods," "But now they have betaken themselves to unknown ____ in the cold waste where no man treads."
4. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
5. Altberg is the captain of what, in "The Temple"?
(a) A freight ship.
(b) A war ship.
(c) An oil tanker.
(d) A submarine.
6. The captain's log, of "The Temple," was found off the coast of what?
7. What does Iranon meet upon leaving Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) A nun.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A priest.
8. What begins to follow the submarine, in "The Temple"?
9. Who does Herbert West pay for bodies early in his experiments?
(a) A grave robber.
(b) A morgue.
(c) A prison.
(d) A hospital.
10. Where did Herbert West attend college?
(a) Mistkatonic University.
(b) Celephais University.
(c) Alironks University.
(d) Sarnath University.
11. Whom does West reanimate who kills and eats a child, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) A professor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) The narrator.
(d) A boxer.
12. Who wrote the opening quote, in the short story "Hypnos"?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Mary Shelley.
(c) Charles Baudelaire.
(d) Percy Shelley.
13. What British freighter is destroyed, in "The Temple"?
(a) The Lady Mercy.
(b) The Victory.
(c) The White Knight.
(d) The Spirit of St. Louis.
14. Once the submarine surfaces again, what do the crew find on the hub, in "The Temple"?
(a) A whale carcass.
(b) A British soldier.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A silver ring.
15. What mountain is described in the opening of "The Tree"?
(a) Mount Vesuvius.
(b) Mount Maenalus.
(c) Mount McKinley.
(d) Mount Herod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Altberg find coming from the temple, in "The Temple"?
2. The narrator of "From Beyond" states, in the beginning of the narrative, he hasn't seen his friend for how long?
3. Who died before his friend, in "The Tree"?
4. The people of Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon," are described as very what?
5. When was "The Other Gods" first published?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)