|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What British freighter is destroyed, in "The Temple"?
(a) The Spirit of St. Louis.
(b) The Victory.
(c) The White Knight.
(d) The Lady Mercy.
2. Ulthar lies beyond what river, in "The Other Gods"?
3. It is suggested that the city of Oonai might in fact be what, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
4. The old man of Ulthar was well-studied in the seven cryptical books of earth and what?
(a) The Dark Book.
(b) Pnakotic Manuscripts.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Orisanes Manuscripts.
5. The narrator in, "Hypnos," writes of the stranger, "this man was a faun's statue out of antique ____..."
6. Who had gone missing before the narrator goes to visit his friend, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Joe Slater.
(b) Two servants.
(c) Crawford Tillinghast.
(d) Basil Elton.
7. Who "revelled by night amidst the urban gaieties of Tegea," in "The Tree"?
(b) The warriors.
(d) The king.
8. In what war do the narrator and West volunteer, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) The French and Indian War.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
9. What happens when the servants turn on the lights, in "From Beyond"?
(a) They saw the Dagon.
(b) They were eaten.
(c) They fell asleep.
(d) They imploded.
10. What does Iranon do as he travels in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) Sells books.
(c) Sells jewels.
(d) Paints portraits.
11. What has happened to Tillinghast since the narrator had last seen him, in "From Beyond"?
(a) He grew fat.
(b) He had died.
(c) He got younger.
(d) He grew thin.
12. What has Tillinghast always been fascinated by, in "From Beyond"?
13. Who is the dean of the medical school, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
14. Who tells the stranger about Aira, in the end of "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A king.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A thief.
15. The narrator of "From Beyond" states, in the beginning of the narrative, he hasn't seen his friend for how long?
(a) 2 and 1/2 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 1 month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
2. What does Iranon meet upon leaving Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
3. In what branch of the military is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
4. What does the narrator do to the machine, in "From Beyond"?
5. Who engaged in heavy drinking and reveling in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)