|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had gone missing before the narrator goes to visit his friend, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Joe Slater.
(b) Crawford Tillinghast.
(c) Basil Elton.
(d) Two servants.
2. What is described as near the olive grove in "The Tree"?
(a) A temple.
(b) A tomb.
(c) A castle.
(d) A well.
3. Who "would meditate upon the visions that filled his mind, and there devise the forms of beauty which later became immortal in breathing marble," in "The Tree"?
(b) The prince.
(c) The king.
4. The boy suggests to Iranon to travel to what city after Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
5. When was "The Other Gods" first published?
6. What does the narrator do to the machine, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Sells it.
(b) Buys it.
(c) Steals it.
(d) Shoots it.
7. In "Herbert West-Reanimator," West develops a theory that the human body is entirely what?
(b) Composed of light.
(c) Composed of metal.
8. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
9. In what war do the narrator and West volunteer, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The French and Indian War.
(d) The Civil War.
10. Who wrote the opening quote, in the short story "Hypnos"?
(a) Percy Shelley.
(b) Mary Shelley.
(c) Charles Baudelaire.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
11. Where is Tillinghast's laboratory, in "From Beyond"?
(a) His basement.
(b) His attic.
(c) His parlor.
(d) His kitchen.
12. How old is the stranger the narrator meets, in "Hypnos"?
(a) Almost 20.
(b) Almost 60.
(c) Almost 30.
(d) Almost 40.
13. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
(a) The American Civil War.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
14. Who summoned the two sculptors in "The Tree" to build statues for him?
(a) The Tyrant of Syracuse.
(b) The king.
15. What has happened to Tillinghast since the narrator had last seen him, in "From Beyond"?
(a) He had died.
(b) He grew thin.
(c) He got younger.
(d) He grew fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Other Gods," the gods left a graven image on the face of the mountain which they called what?
2. Who "revelled by night amidst the urban gaieties of Tegea," in "The Tree"?
3. Where is the olive grove described in "The Tree"?
4. What does Altberg find coming from the temple, in "The Temple"?
5. Who engaged in heavy drinking and reveling in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)