|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the High priest, in "The Other Gods"?
2. The old man of Ulthar was well-studied in the seven cryptical books of earth and what?
(a) Pnakotic Manuscripts.
(b) Orisanes Manuscripts.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Dark Book.
3. Who does Herbert West pay for bodies early in his experiments?
(a) A prison.
(b) A morgue.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A grave robber.
4. Whose sculpture stands in a marble shrine in Corinth, in "The Tree"?
5. The stranger's voice, in "Hypnos," is described as "the music of deep viols and of crystalline" what?
6. Where does the narrator meet the stranger, in "Hypnos"?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A train station.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A morgue.
7. Ulthar lies beyond what river, in "The Other Gods"?
8. When was "Hypnos" first published?
9. Who is the friend of the narrator in "From Beyond"?
(a) Crawford Tillinghast.
(b) Joe Slater.
(d) Basil Elton.
10. Who tells the stranger about Aira, in the end of "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) A thief.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A king.
(d) A beggar.
11. Where is Tillinghast's laboratory, in "From Beyond"?
(a) His kitchen.
(b) His parlor.
(c) His attic.
(d) His basement.
12. What does Iranon meet upon leaving Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A priest.
(c) A nun.
(d) A shepherd.
13. What does Tillinghast tell the narrator they are viewing with the machine on, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Another reality.
(d) His dreams.
14. Who wrote the opening quote, in the short story "Hypnos"?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Charles Baudelaire.
(c) Mary Shelley.
(d) Percy Shelley.
15. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
Short Answer Questions
1. The captain's log, of "The Temple," was found off the coast of what?
2. Whom does West reanimate who kills and eats a child, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
3. Who engaged in heavy drinking and reveling in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
4. What does Altberg do once the cameras are turned off, in "The Temple"?
5. What is described as near the olive grove in "The Tree"?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)