|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the stranger's eyes described, in "Hypnos"?
2. Who is the friend of the narrator in "From Beyond"?
(b) Crawford Tillinghast.
(c) Joe Slater.
(d) Basil Elton.
3. The stranger's voice, in "Hypnos," is described as "the music of deep viols and of crystalline" what?
4. The narrator of "From Beyond" states, in the beginning of the narrative, he hasn't seen his friend for how long?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 and 1/2 months.
5. How many people did the dean of the medical school kill and devour, after being reanimated, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
6. What does Tillinghast tell the narrator they are viewing with the machine on, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Another reality.
(d) His dreams.
7. It is suggested that the city of Oonai might in fact be what, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
8. Who wrote the opening quote, in the short story "Hypnos"?
(a) Mary Shelley.
(b) Charles Baudelaire.
(c) Percy Shelley.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
9. Whose sculpture stands in a marble shrine in Corinth, in "The Tree"?
10. In the years that Iranon and the boy travel, what is unusual about Iranon's age?
(a) He aged quickly.
(b) He didn't age.
(c) He aged in reverse.
(d) He aged slowly.
11. The captain's log, of "The Temple," was found off the coast of what?
12. In what branch of the military is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
(c) Air Force.
13. Who died before his friend, in "The Tree"?
(b) The king.
14. Where is Tillinghast's laboratory, in "From Beyond"?
(a) His kitchen.
(b) His attic.
(c) His basement.
(d) His parlor.
15. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
(a) A giant rock.
(b) The olive tree.
(c) An evil spirit.
(d) A sea-creature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, in Greek religion and mythology, is the god of shepherds, flocks, mountain wilds, hunting, and rustic music, as well as being a companion of the nymphs?
2. Who tells the stranger about Aira, in the end of "The Quest of Iranon"?
3. What has happened to Tillinghast since the narrator had last seen him, in "From Beyond"?
4. Lovecraft writes in "The Other Gods," "But now they have betaken themselves to unknown ____ in the cold waste where no man treads."
5. What were both sculptors in "The Tree" summoned to create a sculpture of?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)