|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the gods of earth dwell in "The Other Gods"?
(a) Atop the tallest of earth's peaks.
(b) In the earth's deepest valleys.
(c) Beyond Mount Olympus.
(d) Beyond the River Styx.
2. What does Iranon do as he travels in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) Sells books.
(b) Paints portraits.
(c) Sells jewels.
3. The boy suggests to Iranon to travel to what city after Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
4. What does the narrator see moving about once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
5. Once the submarine surfaces again, what do the crew find on the hub, in "The Temple"?
(a) A silver ring.
(b) A whale carcass.
(c) A British soldier.
(d) A mermaid.
6. Where have men "heard the sighs of the gods in the plaintive dawn-winds," in "The Other Gods"?
7. What does Iranon meet upon leaving Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) A nun.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A priest.
8. The stranger's voice, in "Hypnos," is described as "the music of deep viols and of crystalline" what?
9. What are the servants afraid to do at Tillinghast's house, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Open the attic.
(b) Open the door.
(c) Turn off the lights.
(d) Turn on the lights.
10. Where was "The Other Gods" first published?
(a) The United Amateur.
(b) The Fantasy Fan.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The Fantasy Reader.
11. Altberg is the captain of what, in "The Temple"?
(a) A freight ship.
(b) A submarine.
(c) A war ship.
(d) An oil tanker.
12. What is knocked over and burns Herbert West's laboratory?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A beaker.
(c) A bunson burner.
(d) A cigarette.
13. Who had gone missing before the narrator goes to visit his friend, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Joe Slater.
(b) Crawford Tillinghast.
(c) Basil Elton.
(d) Two servants.
14. Where was the short story "Hypnos"first published?
(a) The Fantasy Reader.
(b) The United Amateur.
(c) The National Amateur.
(d) Reader's Digest.
15. What were both sculptors in "The Tree" summoned to create a sculpture of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
2. How many people did the dean of the medical school kill and devour, after being reanimated, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
3. Where is the olive grove described in "The Tree"?
4. What mountain is described in the opening of "The Tree"?
5. What does one of the officers of the submarine find and take on board, in "The Temple"?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)