|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
2. Whose sculpture stands in a marble shrine in Corinth, in "The Tree"?
3. What does the narrator see moving about once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
4. Where have men "heard the sighs of the gods in the plaintive dawn-winds," in "The Other Gods"?
5. What does one of the officers of the submarine find and take on board, in "The Temple"?
(a) An ivory figurine.
(b) A silver ring.
(c) A gold ring.
(d) A gold figurine.
6. Where does West go on to open a private practice, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(b) New York.
(c) New Hampsire.
(d) New Mexico.
7. It is suggested that the city of Oonai might in fact be what, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
8. Whose artwork surmounts a pillar in Athens near the Parthenon, in "The Tree"?
9. What is the name of the boy Iranon befriends in Teloth?
10. Who is the friend of the narrator in "From Beyond"?
(b) Crawford Tillinghast.
(c) Joe Slater.
(d) Basil Elton.
11. Who, in Greek religion and mythology, is the god of shepherds, flocks, mountain wilds, hunting, and rustic music, as well as being a companion of the nymphs?
12. What does Tillinghast tell the narrator they are viewing with the machine on, in "From Beyond"?
(b) Another reality.
(c) His dreams.
13. Who summoned the two sculptors in "The Tree" to build statues for him?
(a) The Tyrant of Syracuse.
(c) The king.
14. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
15. In "Herbert West-Reanimator," West develops a theory that the human body is entirely what?
(b) Composed of light.
(c) Composed of metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were both sculptors in "The Tree" summoned to create a sculpture of?
2. In what branch of the military is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
3. What has Tillinghast always been fascinated by, in "From Beyond"?
4. Who dies in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
5. Once the submarine surfaces again, what do the crew find on the hub, in "The Temple"?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)