|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
(a) The queen.
(b) The king.
2. Who is the dean of the medical school, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
3. In what do the gods travel, in "The Other Gods"?
(a) Golden chariots.
(b) Silver sleighs.
(c) Cloud ships.
(d) Golden air ships.
4. Who, in Greek religion and mythology, is the god of shepherds, flocks, mountain wilds, hunting, and rustic music, as well as being a companion of the nymphs?
5. How was Major Sir Eric Moreland Clapham-Lee killed, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
6. What happens when the servants turn on the lights, in "From Beyond"?
(a) They saw the Dagon.
(b) They were eaten.
(c) They fell asleep.
(d) They imploded.
7. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
8. Where does West go on to open a private practice, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(b) New Mexico.
(c) New York.
(d) New Hampsire.
9. What is knocked over and burns Herbert West's laboratory?
(a) A beaker.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A bunson burner.
(d) A lantern.
10. Whose artwork surmounts a pillar in Athens near the Parthenon, in "The Tree"?
11. What are the servants afraid to do at Tillinghast's house, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Open the attic.
(b) Open the door.
(c) Turn off the lights.
(d) Turn on the lights.
12. Who "would meditate upon the visions that filled his mind, and there devise the forms of beauty which later became immortal in breathing marble," in "The Tree"?
(a) The prince.
(b) The king.
13. Where do the gods of earth dwell in "The Other Gods"?
(a) In the earth's deepest valleys.
(b) Beyond Mount Olympus.
(c) Beyond the River Styx.
(d) Atop the tallest of earth's peaks.
14. Where did Herbert West attend college?
(a) Sarnath University.
(b) Alironks University.
(c) Mistkatonic University.
(d) Celephais University.
15. In the years that Iranon and the boy travel, what is unusual about Iranon's age?
(a) He aged slowly.
(b) He aged quickly.
(c) He aged in reverse.
(d) He didn't age.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator of "From Beyond" states, in the beginning of the narrative, he hasn't seen his friend for how long?
2. Where is the character Iranon from, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
3. The boy suggests to Iranon to travel to what city after Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
4. What is the name of the High priest, in "The Other Gods"?
5. Who died before his friend, in "The Tree"?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)