|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had gone missing before the narrator goes to visit his friend, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Joe Slater.
(b) Crawford Tillinghast.
(c) Two servants.
(d) Basil Elton.
2. What can Tillinghast's machine activate, in "From Beyond"?
(a) The pituitary gland.
(b) The pineal gland.
(c) The thyroid gland.
(d) The endocrine gland.
3. Who is the friend of the narrator in "From Beyond"?
(a) Joe Slater.
(c) Basil Elton.
(d) Crawford Tillinghast.
4. When was "Hypnos" first published?
5. How are the stranger's eyes described, in "Hypnos"?
6. How was Major Sir Eric Moreland Clapham-Lee killed, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
7. What does the narrator see moving about once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
8. Who is the dean of the medical school, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
9. Altberg is the captain of what, in "The Temple"?
(a) An oil tanker.
(b) A war ship.
(c) A freight ship.
(d) A submarine.
10. What does Altberg do once the cameras are turned off, in "The Temple"?
(a) Kills the soldiers.
(b) Frees the soldiers.
(c) Tortures the soldiers.
(d) Embraces the soldiers.
11. What rank is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
12. Who "would meditate upon the visions that filled his mind, and there devise the forms of beauty which later became immortal in breathing marble," in "The Tree"?
(c) The prince.
(d) The king.
13. The people of Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon," are described as very what?
14. Where have men "heard the sighs of the gods in the plaintive dawn-winds," in "The Other Gods"?
15. What is the name of the High priest, in "The Other Gods"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the short story "Hypnos"first published?
2. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
3. What are the servants afraid to do at Tillinghast's house, in "From Beyond"?
4. What does Tillinghast tell the narrator they are viewing with the machine on, in "From Beyond"?
5. Where is Tillinghast's laboratory, in "From Beyond"?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)