|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Altberg do once the cameras are turned off, in "The Temple"?
(a) Tortures the soldiers.
(b) Embraces the soldiers.
(c) Kills the soldiers.
(d) Frees the soldiers.
2. Whose artwork surmounts a pillar in Athens near the Parthenon, in "The Tree"?
3. Who died before his friend, in "The Tree"?
(b) The king.
4. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
5. In "The Other Gods," the gods left a graven image on the face of the mountain which they called what?
6. How old is the stranger the narrator meets, in "Hypnos"?
(a) Almost 30.
(b) Almost 20.
(c) Almost 60.
(d) Almost 40.
7. Where do the gods of earth dwell in "The Other Gods"?
(a) Atop the tallest of earth's peaks.
(b) Beyond Mount Olympus.
(c) In the earth's deepest valleys.
(d) Beyond the River Styx.
8. The boy suggests to Iranon to travel to what city after Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
9. Where is Tillinghast's laboratory, in "From Beyond"?
(a) His kitchen.
(b) His attic.
(c) His basement.
(d) His parlor.
10. What does the narrator see moving about once the machine is on, in "From Beyond"?
11. What happens when the servants turn on the lights, in "From Beyond"?
(a) They fell asleep.
(b) They were eaten.
(c) They imploded.
(d) They saw the Dagon.
12. What is knocked over and burns Herbert West's laboratory?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A bunson burner.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A beaker.
13. Who is the friend of the narrator in "From Beyond"?
(a) Basil Elton.
(b) Joe Slater.
(d) Crawford Tillinghast.
14. Where was "The Other Gods" first published?
(a) The United Amateur.
(b) The Fantasy Reader.
(c) The Fantasy Fan.
(d) Reader's Digest.
15. Who had gone missing before the narrator goes to visit his friend, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Crawford Tillinghast.
(b) Two servants.
(c) Basil Elton.
(d) Joe Slater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summoned the two sculptors in "The Tree" to build statues for him?
2. Where does the narrator meet the stranger, in "Hypnos"?
3. Who does Herbert West pay for bodies early in his experiments?
4. Once the submarine surfaces again, what do the crew find on the hub, in "The Temple"?
5. The people of Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon," are described as very what?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)