Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the lake in the ending of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) It rises.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It dries completely.
(d) It sinks.
2. What is the high priest of Sarnath writing when he dies?
3. What did the old cotter like to do, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
(a) Kill cats.
(b) Eat steak.
(d) Shoot dogs.
4. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Joe Martin.
(b) Joe Slater.
(c) Andy Slater.
(d) Jerry Slater.
5. What is described as the pink marble city, in "Celephais"?
6. What is Kurane in his family lineage, in "Celephais"?
(b) Middle child.
7. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
(a) Their women.
(b) Their fountain.
(c) Their town hall.
(d) Their idol.
8. Where does Kurane live in the beginning of "Celephais"?
(a) New York.
9. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
10. Where does the narrator find himself in the end of "The White Ship"?
(a) The ship.
(b) A hospital.
(c) The lighthouse.
(d) A cemetery.
11. How did the sailor escape in "Dagon"?
(a) He swam.
(c) His crew saved him.
(d) He levitated.
12. What land is referred to as a land past the pillars that no man has ever seen, in "The White Ship"?
13. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
14. The narrator, in "Celephais," describes Kurane as not what?
15. Where were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," coming from?
(a) The west.
(b) The south.
(c) The north.
(d) The east.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
2. What does the boy traveler, in "The Cats of Ulthar," do after being told of the cotter?
3. What is referred to as the land of pleasures unattained, in "The White Ship"?
4. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
5. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)