|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) He wakes up.
(b) He goes home.
(c) He dies.
(d) He gets married.
2. In "Celephais," Kurane is described as a what?
3. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
(a) In the evening.
(b) In the morning.
(c) In the day.
(d) At night.
4. What did the old cotter like to do, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
(b) Shoot dogs.
(c) Kill cats.
(d) Eat steak.
5. On what land, in "The White Ship," is there neither time nor space, suffering nor death?
6. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
(a) Dark ooze.
(c) Yellow light.
(d) White light.
7. After how many days does the boy traveler's kitten go missing, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
8. What did Joe Slater awaken from a nightmare to do, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Kill a man.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill his children.
(d) Kill his wife.
9. What is described as the pink marble city, in "Celephais"?
10. What were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," traveling in?
(a) A bus.
(b) A train.
(d) A van.
11. What is the name of the god the beings of Ib worship?
12. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
13. Where was it rumored the people of Ib had descended from where, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(c) The moon.
14. Celephais is located beyond what hills?
(a) Cerenerian Hills.
(b) Athib Hills.
(c) Ooth Hills.
(d) Tanarian hills.
15. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Joe Slater.
(b) Joe Martin.
(c) Andy Slater.
(d) Jerry Slater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator find himself in the end of "The White Ship"?
2. The narrator, in "Celephais," describes Kurane as not what?
3. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
4. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
5. Where were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," coming from?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)