|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What land is referred to as a land past the pillars that no man has ever seen, in "The White Ship"?
2. What is the name of the land in which the narrator finds himself dreaming, in "Polaris"?
3. Celephais is located in the valley of what?
4. Where does the narrator find himself in the end of "The White Ship"?
(a) The ship.
(b) The lighthouse.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A hospital.
5. After how many days does the boy traveler's kitten go missing, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
6. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
(a) A pirate ship.
(b) An American warship.
(c) A U.F.O.
(d) A submarine.
7. What does the boy traveler, in "The Cats of Ulthar," do after being told of the cotter?
(a) Killed the cotter.
8. What is the name of the god the beings of Ib worship?
9. What color kitten does the boy traveler have, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
10. What city stood 10,000 years ago but stands no more, in the story "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
11. What is described as the pink marble city, in "Celephais"?
12. What is the name of the young boy among the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
13. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A star.
14. Where was "The Cats of Ulthar" first published?
(a) The Tryout.
(b) The United Amateur.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The Fantasy Reader.
15. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
(a) Water lizard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
2. What do the townspeople find in the cotter's house, at the end of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
3. Where was it rumored the people of Ib had descended from where, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
4. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
5. Where does the narrator decide to travel after many eons, in "The White Ship"?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)