|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sailor Kurane hires, in "Celephais"?
2. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
(b) Water lizard.
3. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
4. In what land is there a vast, still lake that is fed by no stream, but out of which no stream flows, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
5. What does Kurane see coming towards him on the bridge, in the ending of "Celephais"?
(a) Police officers.
(b) Knights of Celephais.
(c) Knights of Xura.
6. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
(b) Yellow light.
(c) White light.
(d) Dark ooze.
7. Where does the narrator decide to travel after many eons, in "The White Ship"?
8. Where were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," coming from?
(a) The north.
(b) The south.
(c) The east.
(d) The west.
9. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Joe Slater.
(b) Andy Slater.
(c) Joe Martin.
(d) Jerry Slater.
10. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
11. The people of Sarnath do what to the beings of Ib?
(a) Trade with them.
(b) Worship them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Exile them.
12. Where do the narrator and his companion not enter because only demons and madmen can live in that city, in "The White Ship"?
13. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
14. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He wakes up.
(c) He dies.
(d) He gets married.
15. What is the high priest of Sarnath writing when he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
2. Where was "The Cats of Ulthar" first published?
3. What were on the sides of the vehicles of the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
4. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
5. Celephais is located beyond what hills?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)