|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's occupation in "The White Ship"?
(c) Medical internist.
(d) Lighthouse keeper.
2. Celephais is located by what sea?
(a) Cerenerian Sea.
(b) Tanarian Sea.
(c) Longnach Sea.
(d) Ooth Sea.
3. What does Kurane see coming towards him on the bridge, in the ending of "Celephais"?
(a) Police officers.
(b) Knights of Xura.
(d) Knights of Celephais.
4. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) Fantasy Reader.
(b) Pine Cones.
(c) The Amateur.
(d) Reader's Digest.
5. Where was it rumored the people of Ib had descended from where, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(c) The moon.
6. When was the story "Polaris" written?
7. After how many days does the boy traveler's kitten go missing, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
8. What does the boy traveler, in "The Cats of Ulthar," do after being told of the cotter?
(d) Killed the cotter.
9. How did the sailor escape in "Dagon"?
(a) His crew saved him.
(c) He swam.
(d) He levitated.
10. The patient in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" has night rants that are described as extremely what?
11. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Andy Slater.
(b) Joe Martin.
(c) Jerry Slater.
(d) Joe Slater.
12. What lures the narrator to sleep, in "Polaris"?
(a) A fairy.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The moon.
(d) The North Star.
13. Where were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," coming from?
(a) The north.
(b) The south.
(c) The east.
(d) The west.
14. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(b) Beyond death.
(d) Through time.
15. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
(d) Water lizard.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
2. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
3. What is the high priest of Sarnath writing when he dies?
4. In Celephais, there is no what?
5. What land is referred to as a land past the pillars that no man has ever seen, in "The White Ship"?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)