|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
2. In "Celephais," Kurane is described as a what?
3. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
(a) A snake.
(b) A submarine.
(c) An evil spirit.
(d) A mountain.
4. What color kitten does the boy traveler have, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
5. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
6. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
7. Where was "The Cats of Ulthar" first published?
(a) The Fantasy Reader.
(b) The Tryout.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The United Amateur.
8. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
9. Celephais is located in the valley of what?
10. In Celephais, there is no what?
11. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) Pine Cones.
(b) The Amateur.
(c) Fantasy Reader.
(d) Reader's Digest.
12. What is Polaris another name for?
(b) The North Star.
(d) The Big Dipper.
13. What lures the narrator to sleep, in "Polaris"?
(a) The moon.
(b) A fairy.
(c) The North Star.
(d) The ocean.
14. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
15. What is the name of the land in which the narrator finds himself dreaming, in "Polaris"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
2. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
3. Who is on the white ship seen by the narrator, in "The White Ship"?
4. Where does the narrator decide to travel after many eons, in "The White Ship"?
5. Where was the psychiatric patient from, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)