|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Celephais is located by what sea?
(a) Ooth Sea.
(b) Tanarian Sea.
(c) Longnach Sea.
(d) Cerenerian Sea.
2. Celephais is located beyond what hills?
(a) Cerenerian Hills.
(b) Tanarian hills.
(c) Ooth Hills.
(d) Athib Hills.
3. How did the sailor escape in "Dagon"?
(a) His crew saved him.
(c) He levitated.
(d) He swam.
4. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
(c) Water lizard.
5. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
(a) The mountain pass.
(b) The river mouth.
(c) The fortress.
(d) The shore.
6. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
(a) A snake.
(b) A mountain.
(c) An evil spirit.
(d) A submarine.
7. What happens to the lake in the ending of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) It dries completely.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It rises.
(d) It sinks.
8. Where does Kurane live in the beginning of "Celephais"?
(c) New York.
9. In "Celephais," Kurane is described as a what?
10. What is the name of the sailor Kurane hires, in "Celephais"?
11. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(b) Medical internist.
12. What does the narrator long to be, but was found unworthy, in "Polaris"?
(a) A prince.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A king.
(d) A warror.
13. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A bird.
(d) A star.
14. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
15. In Ulthar, there is a law that no man can do what?
(a) Pet a cat.
(b) Own a cat.
(c) Marry a cat.
(d) Kill a cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy traveler, in "The Cats of Ulthar," do after being told of the cotter?
2. Who is on the white ship seen by the narrator, in "The White Ship"?
3. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
4. What is the high priest of Sarnath writing when he dies?
5. What refers to a single structure that arises from the ground?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)