|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
2. Celephais is located in the valley of what?
3. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
4. What refers to a single structure that arises from the ground?
5. What is the narrator to do if the Inutos gain the upper hand in the battle, in "Polaris"?
(a) Join the battle.
(b) Burn the village.
(c) Save the women and children.
(d) Light a signal fire.
6. What is referred to as the land of pleasures unattained, in "The White Ship"?
7. What color kitten does the boy traveler have, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
8. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
(a) The Written Word.
(b) The Fantasy Reader.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The United Amateur.
9. Celephais is located beyond what hills?
(a) Tanarian hills.
(b) Athib Hills.
(c) Cerenerian Hills.
(d) Ooth Hills.
10. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
(d) Carriage driver.
11. Who are the enemies of the people of Olathoe, in "Polaris"?
12. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
(a) The shore.
(b) The mountain pass.
(c) The fortress.
(d) The river mouth.
13. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Through time.
(d) Beyond death.
14. What is described as the pink marble city, in "Celephais"?
15. In Ulthar, there is a law that no man can do what?
(a) Marry a cat.
(b) Pet a cat.
(c) Own a cat.
(d) Kill a cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the psychiatric patient from, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
2. How did the sailor escape in "Dagon"?
3. On what land, in "The White Ship," is there neither time nor space, suffering nor death?
4. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
5. Where do the narrator and his companion not enter because only demons and madmen can live in that city, in "The White Ship"?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)