|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color kitten does the boy traveler have, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
2. Where was "The Cats of Ulthar" first published?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) The United Amateur.
(c) The Tryout.
(d) The Fantasy Reader.
3. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
4. What refers to a single structure that arises from the ground?
5. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
(a) The fortress.
(b) The shore.
(c) The mountain pass.
(d) The river mouth.
6. Celephais is located beyond what hills?
(a) Cerenerian Hills.
(b) Ooth Hills.
(c) Tanarian hills.
(d) Athib Hills.
7. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
(a) In the evening.
(b) At night.
(c) In the morning.
(d) In the day.
8. What did Joe Slater awaken from a nightmare to do, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Kill a man.
(b) Kill his children.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill his wife.
9. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
(a) Their idol.
(b) Their women.
(c) Their town hall.
(d) Their fountain.
10. What great stone city had once stood by the lake, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
11. What is Kurane in his family lineage, in "Celephais"?
(b) Middle child.
12. How did the sailor escape in "Dagon"?
(a) He swam.
(b) He levitated.
(c) His crew saved him.
13. What is the name of the young boy among the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
14. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) The Amateur.
(c) Pine Cones.
(d) Fantasy Reader.
15. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Through time.
(c) Beyond death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
2. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
3. In Ulthar, there is a law that no man can do what?
4. What is the narrator's occupation in "The White Ship"?
5. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)