|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a single structure that arises from the ground?
2. Where does the narrator first sail, in "The White Ship"?
3. After how many days does the boy traveler's kitten go missing, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
4. What is described as the pink marble city, in "Celephais"?
5. What is referred to as the land of pleasures unattained, in "The White Ship"?
6. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
(a) Yellow light.
(c) White light.
(d) Dark ooze.
7. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) He wakes up.
(b) He goes home.
(c) He dies.
(d) He gets married.
8. What is the narrator's occupation in "The White Ship"?
(a) Medical internist.
(d) Lighthouse keeper.
9. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
(d) Carriage driver.
10. What happens to the lake in the ending of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) It dries completely.
(b) It rises.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It sinks.
11. Celephais is located by what sea?
(a) Tanarian Sea.
(b) Longnach Sea.
(c) Ooth Sea.
(d) Cerenerian Sea.
12. What is the name of the young boy among the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
13. The people of Sarnath do what to the beings of Ib?
(a) Worship them.
(b) Exile them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Trade with them.
14. What does Kurane see coming towards him on the bridge, in the ending of "Celephais"?
(a) Knights of Celephais.
(c) Knights of Xura.
(d) Police officers.
15. What were on the sides of the vehicles of the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
(c) Flying elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator decide to travel after many eons, in "The White Ship"?
2. What were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," traveling in?
3. What is Polaris another name for?
4. When was the story "Polaris" written?
5. What does Kurane has believe has been sucked out of the life of modern men, in "Celephais"?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)