|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people of Sarnath do what to the beings of Ib?
(a) Exile them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Worship them.
(d) Trade with them.
2. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) The Written Word.
(c) The Fantasy Reader.
(d) The United Amateur.
3. What does the boy traveler, in "The Cats of Ulthar," do after being told of the cotter?
(b) Killed the cotter.
4. The narrator, in "Celephais," describes Kurane as not what?
5. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
6. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
7. What is the name of the sailor Kurane hires, in "Celephais"?
8. What did the old cotter like to do, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
(a) Eat steak.
(c) Shoot dogs.
(d) Kill cats.
9. In Celephais, there is no what?
10. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) Fantasy Reader.
(b) The Amateur.
(c) Pine Cones.
(d) Reader's Digest.
11. After how many days does the boy traveler's kitten go missing, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
12. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
13. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
(d) Carriage driver.
14. What does Kurane see coming towards him on the bridge, in the ending of "Celephais"?
(b) Police officers.
(c) Knights of Xura.
(d) Knights of Celephais.
15. What does a boy messenger report seeing, surrounding the cotter's house, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kurane live in the beginning of "Celephais"?
2. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
3. What is Polaris another name for?
4. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
5. What do the townspeople find in the cotter's house, at the end of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)