|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is on the white ship seen by the narrator, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A sea-god.
(b) A bearded man.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) A mermaid.
2. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Beyond death.
(c) Through time.
3. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
(a) Water lizard.
4. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
(a) The Written Word.
(b) The Fantasy Reader.
(c) The United Amateur.
(d) Reader's Digest.
5. What does Kurane has believe has been sucked out of the life of modern men, in "Celephais"?
6. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
(b) Other planets.
(d) Alternate realities.
7. On what land, in "The White Ship," is there neither time nor space, suffering nor death?
8. The patient in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" has night rants that are described as extremely what?
9. How did the sailor escape the island in "Dagon"?
(a) He rode the creature.
(b) A plane took him.
(c) An ambulance arrived.
(d) He forgot.
10. Where does the narrator decide to travel after many eons, in "The White Ship"?
11. What were on the sides of the vehicles of the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
(a) Flying elves.
12. What land is referred to as a land past the pillars that no man has ever seen, in "The White Ship"?
13. Where do the narrator and his companion not enter because only demons and madmen can live in that city, in "The White Ship"?
14. How did the sailor escape in "Dagon"?
(a) His crew saved him.
(c) He levitated.
(d) He swam.
15. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A star.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A rainbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
2. Who are the enemies of the people of Olathoe, in "Polaris"?
3. Celephais is located by what sea?
4. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
5. Celephais is located in the valley of what?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)