|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what land, in "The White Ship," is there neither time nor space, suffering nor death?
2. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
(a) Their women.
(b) Their town hall.
(c) Their idol.
(d) Their fountain.
3. What is Polaris another name for?
(a) The North Star.
(c) The Big Dipper.
4. Where does the narrator decide to travel after many eons, in "The White Ship"?
5. What is the name of the young boy among the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
6. Who are the enemies of the people of Olathoe, in "Polaris"?
7. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
(b) A giant whale.
(d) Grey ooze.
8. What does Kurane has believe has been sucked out of the life of modern men, in "Celephais"?
9. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
10. What does the boy traveler, in "The Cats of Ulthar," do after being told of the cotter?
(c) Killed the cotter.
11. What land is referred to as a land past the pillars that no man has ever seen, in "The White Ship"?
12. In Ulthar, there is a law that no man can do what?
(a) Pet a cat.
(b) Own a cat.
(c) Kill a cat.
(d) Marry a cat.
13. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
14. The people of Sarnath do what to the beings of Ib?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Worship them.
(c) Exile them.
(d) Trade with them.
15. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
(d) Water lizard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was it rumored the people of Ib had descended from where, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
2. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
3. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
4. What refers to a single structure that arises from the ground?
5. What is Kurane in his family lineage, in "Celephais"?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)