|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kurane live in the beginning of "Celephais"?
(c) New York.
2. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
3. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
(a) The Written Word.
(b) The United Amateur.
(c) The Fantasy Reader.
(d) Reader's Digest.
4. When was the story "Polaris" written?
5. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A submarine.
(c) An evil spirit.
(d) A snake.
6. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
7. In Ulthar, there is a law that no man can do what?
(a) Own a cat.
(b) Pet a cat.
(c) Marry a cat.
(d) Kill a cat.
8. What is Kurane in his family lineage, in "Celephais"?
(d) Middle child.
9. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
(a) The mountain pass.
(b) The shore.
(c) The fortress.
(d) The river mouth.
10. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
(b) Other planets.
(c) Alternate realities.
11. The narrator, in "Celephais," describes Kurane as not what?
12. After how many days does the boy traveler's kitten go missing, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
13. What city stood 10,000 years ago but stands no more, in the story "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
14. How did the sailor escape in "Dagon"?
(a) He levitated.
(b) His crew saved him.
(c) He swam.
15. The people of Sarnath do what to the beings of Ib?
(a) Worship them.
(b) Exile them.
(c) Trade with them.
(d) Kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were on the sides of the vehicles of the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
2. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
3. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
4. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
5. In "Celephais," Kurane is described as a what?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)