|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What land is referred to as a land past the pillars that no man has ever seen, in "The White Ship"?
2. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
3. Where was it rumored the people of Ib had descended from where, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(c) The moon.
4. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) The United Amateur.
(c) The Fantasy Reader.
(d) The Written Word.
5. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
6. What is Polaris another name for?
(b) The Big Dipper.
(d) The North Star.
7. What color kitten does the boy traveler have, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
8. Where were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," coming from?
(a) The east.
(b) The north.
(c) The west.
(d) The south.
9. What is the name of the sailor Kurane hires, in "Celephais"?
10. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A bird.
(d) A star.
11. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
(c) Water lizard.
12. What does Kurane see coming towards him on the bridge, in the ending of "Celephais"?
(a) Police officers.
(c) Knights of Celephais.
(d) Knights of Xura.
13. What did Joe Slater awaken from a nightmare to do, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill his children.
(c) Kill a man.
(d) Kill his wife.
14. What does a boy messenger report seeing, surrounding the cotter's house, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
15. What were on the sides of the vehicles of the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
(a) Flying elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
2. What is referred to as the land of pleasures unattained, in "The White Ship"?
3. What does the boy traveler, in "The Cats of Ulthar," do after being told of the cotter?
4. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
5. On what land, in "The White Ship," is there neither time nor space, suffering nor death?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)