|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator long to be, but was found unworthy, in "Polaris"?
(a) A prince.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A warror.
(d) A king.
2. In what land is there a vast, still lake that is fed by no stream, but out of which no stream flows, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
3. The narrator, in "Celephais," describes Kurane as not what?
4. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A mountain.
(c) An evil spirit.
(d) A snake.
5. What is the name of the young boy among the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
6. What is described as the pink marble city, in "Celephais"?
7. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A star.
(c) A bird.
(d) A rainbow.
8. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) Fantasy Reader.
(b) The Amateur.
(c) Pine Cones.
(d) Reader's Digest.
9. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
10. What did the old cotter like to do, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
(a) Kill cats.
(b) Shoot dogs.
(c) Eat steak.
11. What does Kurane see coming towards him on the bridge, in the ending of "Celephais"?
(a) Knights of Celephais.
(c) Police officers.
(d) Knights of Xura.
12. What does the boy traveler, in "The Cats of Ulthar," do after being told of the cotter?
(a) Killed the cotter.
13. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
14. Where does the narrator find himself in the end of "The White Ship"?
(a) The ship.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) The lighthouse.
15. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(d) Medical internist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
2. Where was "The Cats of Ulthar" first published?
3. What is Kurane in his family lineage, in "Celephais"?
4. When was the story "Polaris" written?
5. In Celephais, there is no what?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)