|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the enemies of the people of Olathoe, in "Polaris"?
2. What land is referred to as a land past the pillars that no man has ever seen, in "The White Ship"?
3. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
4. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
(b) A giant whale.
(c) Grey ooze.
5. What is the name of the narrator in "The White Ship"?
(a) Crawford Tillinghast.
(b) Basil Elton.
6. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) Fantasy Reader.
(b) The Amateur.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) Pine Cones.
7. What great stone city had once stood by the lake, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
8. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
(a) A pirate ship.
(b) A submarine.
(c) An American warship.
(d) A U.F.O.
9. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
10. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
11. How did the sailor escape the island in "Dagon"?
(a) A plane took him.
(b) He forgot.
(c) An ambulance arrived.
(d) He rode the creature.
12. What does the boy traveler, in "The Cats of Ulthar," do after being told of the cotter?
(a) Killed the cotter.
13. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
14. The narrator, in "Celephais," describes Kurane as not what?
15. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(b) Medical internist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople find in the cotter's house, at the end of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
2. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
3. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
4. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
5. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)