|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kurane see coming towards him on the bridge, in the ending of "Celephais"?
(a) Police officers.
(c) Knights of Xura.
(d) Knights of Celephais.
2. In Celephais, there is no what?
3. What refers to a single structure that arises from the ground?
4. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
5. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
(a) The Written Word.
(b) The United Amateur.
(c) The Fantasy Reader.
(d) Reader's Digest.
6. What land is referred to as a land past the pillars that no man has ever seen, in "The White Ship"?
7. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
8. What were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," traveling in?
(a) A van.
(b) A train.
(c) A bus.
9. In Ulthar, there is a law that no man can do what?
(a) Marry a cat.
(b) Own a cat.
(c) Kill a cat.
(d) Pet a cat.
10. How did the sailor escape the island in "Dagon"?
(a) A plane took him.
(b) He forgot.
(c) He rode the creature.
(d) An ambulance arrived.
11. What is described as the pink marble city, in "Celephais"?
12. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
13. What do the townspeople find in the cotter's house, at the end of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
14. What did Joe Slater awaken from a nightmare to do, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill a man.
(c) Kill his wife.
(d) Kill his children.
15. In what land is there a vast, still lake that is fed by no stream, but out of which no stream flows, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
2. What did the old cotter like to do, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
3. What is the name of the narrator in "The White Ship"?
4. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
5. Celephais is located beyond what hills?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)