|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What land is referred to as a land past the pillars that no man has ever seen, in "The White Ship"?
2. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
(a) White light.
(c) Dark ooze.
(d) Yellow light.
3. On what land, in "The White Ship," is there neither time nor space, suffering nor death?
4. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
(a) An evil spirit.
(b) A snake.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A submarine.
5. What lures the narrator to sleep, in "Polaris"?
(a) The moon.
(b) The North Star.
(c) The ocean.
(d) A fairy.
6. What is the name of the god the beings of Ib worship?
7. What is the narrator's occupation in "The White Ship"?
(a) Medical internist.
(d) Lighthouse keeper.
8. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
(b) Carriage driver.
9. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
(b) Grey ooze.
(c) A giant whale.
10. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
11. What is the name of the young boy among the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
12. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
(b) Water lizard.
13. The patient in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" has night rants that are described as extremely what?
14. What does the narrator long to be, but was found unworthy, in "Polaris"?
(a) A prince.
(b) A warror.
(c) A king.
(d) A shepherd.
15. The people of Sarnath do what to the beings of Ib?
(a) Exile them.
(b) Trade with them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Worship them.
Short Answer Questions
1. After how many days does the boy traveler's kitten go missing, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
2. Where do the narrator and his companion not enter because only demons and madmen can live in that city, in "The White Ship"?
3. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
4. What does Kurane see coming towards him on the bridge, in the ending of "Celephais"?
5. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)