|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ulthar, there is a law that no man can do what?
(a) Own a cat.
(b) Marry a cat.
(c) Kill a cat.
(d) Pet a cat.
2. Where was the psychiatric patient from, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Upstate Massachusetts.
(b) Upstate New York.
(c) Southern Illinois.
(d) Western Kentucky.
3. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
(a) Their idol.
(b) Their women.
(c) Their town hall.
(d) Their fountain.
4. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
(a) The river mouth.
(b) The mountain pass.
(c) The shore.
(d) The fortress.
5. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A star.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cloud.
6. What is the narrator to do if the Inutos gain the upper hand in the battle, in "Polaris"?
(a) Light a signal fire.
(b) Save the women and children.
(c) Join the battle.
(d) Burn the village.
7. What is Kurane in his family lineage, in "Celephais"?
(c) Middle child.
8. Who is on the white ship seen by the narrator, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A sea-god.
(d) A bearded man.
9. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
10. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
11. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
12. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(b) Medical internist.
13. What does Kurane has believe has been sucked out of the life of modern men, in "Celephais"?
14. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) The Amateur.
(c) Pine Cones.
(d) Fantasy Reader.
15. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
2. What is the name of the sailor Kurane hires, in "Celephais"?
3. What do the townspeople find in the cotter's house, at the end of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
4. Where was it rumored the people of Ib had descended from where, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
5. How did the sailor escape in "Dagon"?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)