|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
(d) Water lizard.
2. Where does Kurane live in the beginning of "Celephais"?
(b) New York.
3. In Celephais, there is no what?
4. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(b) Medical internist.
5. What is the name of the young boy among the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
6. The patient in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" has night rants that are described as extremely what?
7. Where were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," coming from?
(a) The west.
(b) The east.
(c) The south.
(d) The north.
8. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
(a) Other planets.
(b) Alternate realities.
9. What is the narrator to do if the Inutos gain the upper hand in the battle, in "Polaris"?
(a) Light a signal fire.
(b) Save the women and children.
(c) Join the battle.
(d) Burn the village.
10. What happens to the lake in the ending of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) It sinks.
(b) It rises.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It dries completely.
11. What does the narrator long to be, but was found unworthy, in "Polaris"?
(a) A prince.
(b) A warror.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A king.
12. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
13. The narrator, in "Celephais," describes Kurane as not what?
14. What is described as the pink marble city, in "Celephais"?
15. What is the high priest of Sarnath writing when he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
2. What land is referred to as a land past the pillars that no man has ever seen, in "The White Ship"?
3. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
4. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
5. Celephais is located in the valley of what?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)