|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
(b) Dark ooze.
(c) Yellow light.
(d) White light.
2. Where is the demon hiding which the being goes to destroy, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
3. The patient in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" has night rants that are described as extremely what?
4. Celephais is located beyond what hills?
(a) Ooth Hills.
(b) Tanarian hills.
(c) Cerenerian Hills.
(d) Athib Hills.
5. Who is on the white ship seen by the narrator, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) A sea-god.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A bearded man.
6. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) The Fantasy Reader.
(c) The Written Word.
(d) The United Amateur.
7. Celephais is located by what sea?
(a) Ooth Sea.
(b) Longnach Sea.
(c) Tanarian Sea.
(d) Cerenerian Sea.
8. What is the name of the god the beings of Ib worship?
9. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
(d) Water lizard.
10. What do the townspeople find in the cotter's house, at the end of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
11. What does a boy messenger report seeing, surrounding the cotter's house, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
12. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
13. Where was the psychiatric patient from, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Western Kentucky.
(b) Upstate New York.
(c) Southern Illinois.
(d) Upstate Massachusetts.
14. The people of Sarnath do what to the beings of Ib?
(a) Trade with them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Exile them.
(d) Worship them.
15. What does Kurane see coming towards him on the bridge, in the ending of "Celephais"?
(b) Police officers.
(c) Knights of Celephais.
(d) Knights of Xura.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," coming from?
2. What were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," traveling in?
3. Celephais is located in the valley of what?
4. Where does the narrator decide to travel after many eons, in "The White Ship"?
5. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)