|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Celephais is located by what sea?
(a) Longnach Sea.
(b) Tanarian Sea.
(c) Ooth Sea.
(d) Cerenerian Sea.
2. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(c) Medical internist.
3. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Alexander Williams.
(c) Carl Jung.
(d) James Hotmore.
4. What does a boy messenger report seeing, surrounding the cotter's house, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
5. The narrator, in "Celephais," describes Kurane as not what?
6. What is the narrator's occupation in "The White Ship"?
(b) Medical internist.
(c) Lighthouse keeper.
7. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) A bird.
(d) A star.
8. Where does the narrator find himself in the end of "The White Ship"?
(a) The lighthouse.
(b) The ship.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A hospital.
9. What does Kurane see coming towards him on the bridge, in the ending of "Celephais"?
(b) Police officers.
(c) Knights of Celephais.
(d) Knights of Xura.
10. What is the narrator to do if the Inutos gain the upper hand in the battle, in "Polaris"?
(a) Light a signal fire.
(b) Burn the village.
(c) Save the women and children.
(d) Join the battle.
11. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
(a) Their town hall.
(b) Their idol.
(c) Their women.
(d) Their fountain.
12. Where was the psychiatric patient from, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Southern Illinois.
(b) Western Kentucky.
(c) Upstate Massachusetts.
(d) Upstate New York.
13. What great stone city had once stood by the lake, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
14. What is the name of the land in which the narrator finds himself dreaming, in "Polaris"?
15. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) The Amateur.
(b) Pine Cones.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) Fantasy Reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Celephais," Kurane is described as a what?
2. Where do the narrator and his companion not enter because only demons and madmen can live in that city, in "The White Ship"?
3. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
4. What color kitten does the boy traveler have, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
5. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)