|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Supernatural Horror in Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mountain is described in the opening of "The Tree"?
(a) Mount Vesuvius.
(b) Mount Herod.
(c) Mount McKinley.
(d) Mount Maenalus.
2. What word could be defined as 'pertaining to, dealing with, or representing death, especially its grimmer or uglier aspects'?
3. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
4. What has happened to Tillinghast since the narrator had last seen him, in "From Beyond"?
(a) He grew thin.
(b) He had died.
(c) He got younger.
(d) He grew fat.
5. In "The Other Gods," the gods left a graven image on the face of the mountain which they called what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
2. Who penned what Lovecraft refers to as "the melodramatic bit," The Monkey's Paw?
3. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
4. What is the high priest of Sarnath writing when he dies?
5. What does the narrator do for employment, in "Hypnos"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)