|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Supernatural Horror in Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lovecraft writes in "Supernatural Horror in Literature," "Creative minds are ____, and the best of fabrics have their dull spots."
2. Where do the narrator and his companion not enter because only demons and madmen can live in that city, in "The White Ship"?
3. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He wakes up.
(c) He dies.
(d) He gets married.
4. What British freighter is destroyed, in "The Temple"?
(a) The Victory.
(b) The White Knight.
(c) The Spirit of St. Louis.
(d) The Lady Mercy.
5. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to follow the submarine, in "The Temple"?
2. What word could be defined as 'pertaining to, dealing with, or representing death, especially its grimmer or uglier aspects'?
3. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
4. Where is Tillinghast's laboratory, in "From Beyond"?
5. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)