|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Supernatural Horror in Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the old cotter like to do, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
(a) Kill cats.
(b) Eat steak.
(d) Shoot dogs.
2. What does Tillinghast tell the narrator they are viewing with the machine on, in "From Beyond"?
(a) His dreams.
(b) Another reality.
3. What is the name of the god the beings of Ib worship?
4. Where was "The Other Gods" first published?
(a) The Fantasy Fan.
(b) The Fantasy Reader.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The United Amateur.
5. What is Polaris another name for?
(b) The North Star.
(d) The Big Dipper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the enemies of the people of Olathoe, in "Polaris"?
2. Who penned what Lovecraft refers to as "the melodramatic bit," The Monkey's Paw?
3. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
4. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
5. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)