|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Supernatural Horror in Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the narrator and his companion not enter because only demons and madmen can live in that city, in "The White Ship"?
2. What is the name of the land in which the narrator finds himself dreaming, in "Polaris"?
3. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
4. Who wrote what Lovecraft refers to as "the hideous poem," Childe Roland?
(a) Henry James.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Robert Browning.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
5. What word could be defined as 'pertaining to, dealing with, or representing death, especially its grimmer or uglier aspects'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator long to be, but was found unworthy, in "Polaris"?
2. Ulthar lies beyond what river, in "The Other Gods"?
3. Where does the narrator first sail, in "The White Ship"?
4. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
5. What lures the narrator to sleep, in "Polaris"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)