|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Supernatural Horror in Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
2. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Beyond death.
(b) Through time.
3. What breaks out in the town, giving West a large number of cadavers, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
4. Lovecraft writes, in "Supernatural Horror in Literature," that the oldest and strongest emotion in mankind is what?
5. What is described as near the olive grove in "The Tree"?
(a) A castle.
(b) A well.
(c) A temple.
(d) A tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had gone missing before the narrator goes to visit his friend, in "From Beyond"?
2. How many people did the dean of the medical school kill and devour, after being reanimated, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
3. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
4. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
5. What Dominican friar and a bishop achieved fame for his comprehensive knowledge of and advocacy for the peaceful coexistence of science and religion?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)