|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Supernatural Horror in Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breaks out in the town, giving West a large number of cadavers, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
2. Where do the gods of earth dwell in "The Other Gods"?
(a) Beyond the River Styx.
(b) Atop the tallest of earth's peaks.
(c) In the earth's deepest valleys.
(d) Beyond Mount Olympus.
3. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
(a) At night.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In the day.
(d) In the morning.
4. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
(c) Water lizard.
5. What happens when the servants turn on the lights, in "From Beyond"?
(a) They were eaten.
(b) They saw the Dagon.
(c) They imploded.
(d) They fell asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator of "From Beyond" states, in the beginning of the narrative, he hasn't seen his friend for how long?
2. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
3. The narrator describes the stranger as having a brow as "white as the marble of" whom, in "Hypnos"?
4. What word could be defined as 'pertaining to, dealing with, or representing death, especially its grimmer or uglier aspects'?
5. What has happened to Tillinghast since the narrator had last seen him, in "From Beyond"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)