|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Supernatural Horror in Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kurane see coming towards him on the bridge, in the ending of "Celephais"?
(a) Knights of Celephais.
(b) Knights of Xura.
(d) Police officers.
2. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
(a) A giant whale.
(c) Grey ooze.
3. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
(a) Their women.
(b) Their idol.
(c) Their town hall.
(d) Their fountain.
4. What mountain is described in the opening of "The Tree"?
(a) Mount Maenalus.
(b) Mount Herod.
(c) Mount Vesuvius.
(d) Mount McKinley.
5. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) A star.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Other Gods," the gods left a graven image on the face of the mountain which they called what?
2. How old is the stranger the narrator meets, in "Hypnos"?
3. What book of F. Marion Crawford's does Lovecraft cite, in "Supernatural Horror in Literature"?
4. What were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," traveling in?
5. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)