|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Supernatural Horror in Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word could be defined as 'pertaining to, dealing with, or representing death, especially its grimmer or uglier aspects'?
2. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) The Amateur.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) Pine Cones.
(d) Fantasy Reader.
3. Where have "men have felt the tears of the gods though they have thought it rain," in "The Other Gods"?
4. In what do the gods travel, in "The Other Gods"?
(a) Golden chariots.
(b) Golden air ships.
(c) Silver sleighs.
(d) Cloud ships.
5. Once the submarine surfaces again, what do the crew find on the hub, in "The Temple"?
(a) A whale carcass.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A British soldier.
(d) A silver ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Altberg allow the British soldiers to do while his cameras are recording, in "The Temple"?
2. Where do the gods of earth dwell in "The Other Gods"?
3. The stranger's voice, in "Hypnos," is described as "the music of deep viols and of crystalline" what?
4. What is the name of the god the beings of Ib worship?
5. Where is the demon hiding which the being goes to destroy, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)