|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Supernatural Horror in Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does West go on to open a private practice, in "Herbert West-Reanimator"?
(b) New York.
(c) New Hampsire.
(d) New Mexico.
2. Where was it rumored the people of Ib had descended from where, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) The moon.
3. Who, according to Lovecraft, utilized his knowledge of psychology and philosophy to break free from the Gothic cliché to create a new and more powerful horror story?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Henry James.
(d) Robert Browning.
4. What mountain is described in the opening of "The Tree"?
(a) Mount McKinley.
(b) Mount Maenalus.
(c) Mount Vesuvius.
(d) Mount Herod.
5. What did Joe Slater awaken from a nightmare to do, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Kill a man.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill his children.
(d) Kill his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the years that Iranon and the boy travel, what is unusual about Iranon's age?
2. What is the narrator to do if the Inutos gain the upper hand in the battle, in "Polaris"?
3. What happens to the lake in the ending of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
4. The people of Sarnath do what to the beings of Ib?
5. Celephais is located by what sea?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)