|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Supernatural Horror in Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as near the olive grove in "The Tree"?
(a) A castle.
(b) A well.
(c) A tomb.
(d) A temple.
2. Where does the narrator find himself in the end of "The White Ship"?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) The lighthouse.
(c) A hospital.
(d) The ship.
3. What Dominican friar and a bishop achieved fame for his comprehensive knowledge of and advocacy for the peaceful coexistence of science and religion?
(a) Robert Browning.
(b) Romulus Augustus.
(c) Albertus Magnus.
(d) Henry James.
4. What does Herbert West use to reanimate dead bodies?
5. What does Altberg find coming from the temple, in "The Temple"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word could be defined as 'pertaining to, dealing with, or representing death, especially its grimmer or uglier aspects'?
2. What rank is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
3. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
4. In what do the gods travel, in "The Other Gods"?
5. Who is the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Hypnos?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)