|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Supernatural Horror in Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tillinghast's laboratory, in "From Beyond"?
(a) His parlor.
(b) His attic.
(c) His basement.
(d) His kitchen.
2. What book of F. Marion Crawford's does Lovecraft cite, in "Supernatural Horror in Literature"?
(b) The Last Days at Inismore.
(c) The Upper Berth.
(d) The Telltale Heart.
3. What do the townspeople find in the cotter's house, at the end of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
4. What does Lovecraft write "appears as an ingredient of the earliest folklore of all races, and is crystallized in the most archaic ballads, chronicles, and sacred writings"?
(a) Cosmic horror.
(b) Weird fiction.
(c) Horror writing.
(d) Pulp fiction.
5. In "The Other Gods," the gods left a graven image on the face of the mountain which they called what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The stranger's voice, in "Hypnos," is described as "the music of deep viols and of crystalline" what?
2. What Dominican friar and a bishop achieved fame for his comprehensive knowledge of and advocacy for the peaceful coexistence of science and religion?
3. In Celephais, there is no what?
4. What did the old cotter like to do, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
5. The old man of Ulthar was well-studied in the seven cryptical books of earth and what?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)