|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Quest of Iranon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's occupation in "The White Ship"?
(b) Lighthouse keeper.
(d) Medical internist.
2. Where have men "heard the sighs of the gods in the plaintive dawn-winds," in "The Other Gods"?
3. What happens to the lake in the ending of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It sinks.
(c) It rises.
(d) It dries completely.
4. Where do the narrator and his companion not enter because only demons and madmen can live in that city, in "The White Ship"?
5. What were on the sides of the vehicles of the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
(d) Flying elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople find in the cotter's house, at the end of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
2. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
3. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
4. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
5. Who dies in Oonai, in "The Quest of Iranon"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)