|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Quest of Iranon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's occupation in "The White Ship"?
(b) Lighthouse keeper.
(d) Medical internist.
2. What are the servants afraid to do at Tillinghast's house, in "From Beyond"?
(a) Open the door.
(b) Turn off the lights.
(c) Turn on the lights.
(d) Open the attic.
3. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
4. Altberg is the captain of what, in "The Temple"?
(a) An oil tanker.
(b) A freight ship.
(c) A submarine.
(d) A war ship.
5. On what land, in "The White Ship," is there neither time nor space, suffering nor death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy traveler, in "The Cats of Ulthar," do after being told of the cotter?
2. What city stood 10,000 years ago but stands no more, in the story "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
3. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
4. What land is referred to as a land past the pillars that no man has ever seen, in "The White Ship"?
5. The old man of Ulthar was well-studied in the seven cryptical books of earth and what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)