|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator long to be, but was found unworthy, in "Polaris"?
(a) A prince.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A warror.
(d) A king.
2. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
3. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A bird.
(c) A star.
(d) A rainbow.
4. Where is Tillinghast's laboratory, in "From Beyond"?
(a) His basement.
(b) His parlor.
(c) His attic.
(d) His kitchen.
5. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
(a) The United Amateur.
(b) The Written Word.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The Fantasy Reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
2. The patient in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" has night rants that are described as extremely what?
3. What is Kurane in his family lineage, in "Celephais"?
4. Who "would meditate upon the visions that filled his mind, and there devise the forms of beauty which later became immortal in breathing marble," in "The Tree"?
5. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)