|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl Heinrich von Altberg-Ehrenstein is fighting in what war, in "The Temple"?
(a) World War II.
(b) The American Civil War.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) World War I.
2. In what branch of the military is Altberg, in "The Temple"?
(a) Air Force.
3. What is the high priest of Sarnath writing when he dies?
4. In Ulthar, there is a law that no man can do what?
(a) Kill a cat.
(b) Pet a cat.
(c) Marry a cat.
(d) Own a cat.
5. What killed Musides, in the end of "The Tree"?
(a) The olive tree.
(b) A giant rock.
(c) A sea-creature.
(d) An evil spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
2. What does one of the officers of the submarine find and take on board, in "The Temple"?
3. Who "would meditate upon the visions that filled his mind, and there devise the forms of beauty which later became immortal in breathing marble," in "The Tree"?
4. Where was "The Cats of Ulthar" first published?
5. Who "revelled by night amidst the urban gaieties of Tegea," in "The Tree"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)