|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was "The Cats of Ulthar" first published?
(a) The United Amateur.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) The Tryout.
(d) The Fantasy Reader.
2. What does the boy traveler, in "The Cats of Ulthar," do after being told of the cotter?
(b) Killed the cotter.
3. Whose artwork surmounts a pillar in Athens near the Parthenon, in "The Tree"?
4. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) He wakes up.
(b) He dies.
(c) He gets married.
(d) He goes home.
5. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator, in "Celephais," describes Kurane as not what?
2. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
3. What can Tillinghast's machine activate, in "From Beyond"?
4. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
5. What is referred to as the land of pleasures unattained, in "The White Ship"?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)