|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
2. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
3. What does Kurane has believe has been sucked out of the life of modern men, in "Celephais"?
4. What mountain is described in the opening of "The Tree"?
(a) Mount Herod.
(b) Mount Maenalus.
(c) Mount McKinley.
(d) Mount Vesuvius.
5. Who summoned the two sculptors in "The Tree" to build statues for him?
(a) The king.
(c) The Tyrant of Syracuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
2. What is the high priest of Sarnath writing when he dies?
3. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
4. What great stone city had once stood by the lake, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
5. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)