|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Celephais.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator to do if the Inutos gain the upper hand in the battle, in "Polaris"?
(a) Light a signal fire.
(b) Join the battle.
(c) Save the women and children.
(d) Burn the village.
2. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) James Hotmore.
(b) Carl Jung.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) Alexander Williams.
3. What lures the narrator to sleep, in "Polaris"?
(a) The North Star.
(b) A fairy.
(c) The moon.
(d) The ocean.
4. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
(a) Other planets.
(d) Alternate realities.
5. What is Polaris another name for?
(c) The North Star.
(d) The Big Dipper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
2. Where was "The Cats of Ulthar" first published?
3. Where were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," coming from?
4. After how many days does the boy traveler's kitten go missing, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
5. What did the old cotter like to do, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)