|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Celephais.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city stood 10,000 years ago but stands no more, in the story "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
2. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(c) Medical internist.
3. How did the sailor escape the island in "Dagon"?
(a) He rode the creature.
(b) A plane took him.
(c) An ambulance arrived.
(d) He forgot.
4. Where does Kurane live in the beginning of "Celephais"?
(b) New York.
5. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Andy Slater.
(b) Joe Martin.
(c) Joe Slater.
(d) Jerry Slater.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator, in "Celephais," describes Kurane as not what?
2. What is the name of the sailor Kurane hires, in "Celephais"?
3. When was the story "Polaris" written?
4. What does the boy traveler, in "The Cats of Ulthar," do after being told of the cotter?
5. Where do the narrator and his companion not enter because only demons and madmen can live in that city, in "The White Ship"?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)