|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cats of Ulthar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what land is there a vast, still lake that is fed by no stream, but out of which no stream flows, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
2. Where does the narrator first sail, in "The White Ship"?
3. Where does the narrator find himself in the end of "The White Ship"?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) The ship.
(c) A hospital.
(d) The lighthouse.
4. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
5. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. After how many days does the boy traveler's kitten go missing, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
2. What happens to the lake in the ending of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
3. What is referred to as the land of pleasures unattained, in "The White Ship"?
4. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
5. What color kitten does the boy traveler have, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)