|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cats of Ulthar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is referred to as the land of pleasures unattained, in "The White Ship"?
2. How did the sailor escape the island in "Dagon"?
(a) A plane took him.
(b) An ambulance arrived.
(c) He forgot.
(d) He rode the creature.
3. What city stood 10,000 years ago but stands no more, in the story "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
4. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
(b) Alternate realities.
(d) Other planets.
5. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Through time.
(d) Beyond death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople find in the cotter's house, at the end of "The Cats of Ulthar"?
2. What refers to a single structure that arises from the ground?
3. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
4. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
5. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)