|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cats of Ulthar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is referred to as the land of pleasures unattained, in "The White Ship"?
2. What is the high priest of Sarnath writing when he dies?
3. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
4. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A star.
5. What city stood 10,000 years ago but stands no more, in the story "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The people of Sarnath do what to the beings of Ib?
2. What does a boy messenger report seeing, surrounding the cotter's house, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
3. Who is on the white ship seen by the narrator, in "The White Ship"?
4. What land is referred to as a land past the pillars that no man has ever seen, in "The White Ship"?
5. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)