|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cats of Ulthar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) Carl Jung.
(b) James Hotmore.
(c) Alexander Williams.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
2. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
(a) In the evening.
(b) At night.
(c) In the morning.
(d) In the day.
3. Where was "The Cats of Ulthar" first published?
(a) The Fantasy Reader.
(b) The United Amateur.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The Tryout.
4. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
(a) Other planets.
(b) Alternate realities.
5. Who is on the white ship seen by the narrator, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) A bearded man.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A sea-god.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
2. Where does the narrator first sail, in "The White Ship"?
3. On what land, in "The White Ship," is there neither time nor space, suffering nor death?
4. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
5. In Ulthar, there is a law that no man can do what?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)