|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cats of Ulthar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator find himself in the end of "The White Ship"?
(a) The ship.
(b) The lighthouse.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A cemetery.
2. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) The Fantasy Reader.
(c) The Written Word.
(d) The United Amateur.
3. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) He gets married.
(b) He wakes up.
(c) He dies.
(d) He goes home.
4. What happens to the lake in the ending of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) It rises.
(b) It dries completely.
(c) It sinks.
(d) It disappears.
5. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a boy messenger report seeing, surrounding the cotter's house, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
2. What did Joe Slater awaken from a nightmare to do, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
3. How did the sailor escape in "Dagon"?
4. On what land, in "The White Ship," is there neither time nor space, suffering nor death?
5. What is the narrator's occupation in "The White Ship"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)