|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cats of Ulthar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
2. Where was "The Cats of Ulthar" first published?
(a) The United Amateur.
(b) The Tryout.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The Fantasy Reader.
3. What is Polaris another name for?
(b) The North Star.
(c) The Big Dipper.
4. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
(a) The mountain pass.
(b) The shore.
(c) The river mouth.
(d) The fortress.
5. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
(b) A giant whale.
(d) Grey ooze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
2. What were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," traveling in?
3. After how many days does the boy traveler's kitten go missing, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
4. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
5. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)