|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cats of Ulthar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
(a) The mountain pass.
(b) The river mouth.
(c) The shore.
(d) The fortress.
2. When was the story "Polaris" written?
3. Where does the narrator decide to travel after many eons, in "The White Ship"?
4. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Carl Jung.
(c) Alexander Williams.
(d) James Hotmore.
5. What happens to the lake in the ending of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) It rises.
(b) It dries completely.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It sinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
2. What is referred to as the land of pleasures unattained, in "The White Ship"?
3. Where was "The White Ship" first published?
4. What is the name of the young boy among the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar"?
5. On what land, in "The White Ship," is there neither time nor space, suffering nor death?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)