|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Doom that Came to Sarnath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) Pine Cones.
(c) Fantasy Reader.
(d) The Amateur.
2. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
3. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
4. How did the sailor escape in "Dagon"?
(a) He levitated.
(c) He swam.
(d) His crew saved him.
5. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
2. What refers to a single structure that arises from the ground?
3. What is the name of the god the beings of Ib worship?
4. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
5. Where is the demon hiding which the being goes to destroy, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)