|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Doom that Came to Sarnath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
2. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
3. The people of Sarnath do what to the beings of Ib?
(a) Exile them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Trade with them.
(d) Worship them.
4. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
5. When was the story "Polaris" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
2. What great stone city had once stood by the lake, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
3. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
4. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
5. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)