|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Doom that Came to Sarnath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the lake in the ending of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) It rises.
(b) It sinks.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It dries completely.
2. What is the name of the god the beings of Ib worship?
3. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
4. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
(a) Yellow light.
(c) Dark ooze.
(d) White light.
5. Where was the psychiatric patient from, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Upstate Massachusetts.
(b) Western Kentucky.
(c) Southern Illinois.
(d) Upstate New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
2. Where is the demon hiding which the being goes to destroy, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
3. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
4. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
5. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)