|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Doom that Came to Sarnath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
(a) The fortress.
(b) The shore.
(c) The mountain pass.
(d) The river mouth.
2. The people of Sarnath do what to the beings of Ib?
(a) Worship them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Trade with them.
(d) Exile them.
3. What is the narrator to do if the Inutos gain the upper hand in the battle, in "Polaris"?
(a) Burn the village.
(b) Join the battle.
(c) Save the women and children.
(d) Light a signal fire.
4. Who are the enemies of the people of Olathoe, in "Polaris"?
5. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the god the beings of Ib worship?
2. What great stone city had once stood by the lake, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
3. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
4. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
5. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)