|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Doom that Came to Sarnath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
2. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
3. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
(a) Their idol.
(b) Their fountain.
(c) Their town hall.
(d) Their women.
4. What refers to a single structure that arises from the ground?
5. Where is the demon hiding which the being goes to destroy, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
2. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
3. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
4. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
5. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)