|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Doom that Came to Sarnath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
2. What does the narrator long to be, but was found unworthy, in "Polaris"?
(a) A warror.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A king.
(d) A prince.
3. What is Polaris another name for?
(b) The Big Dipper.
(c) The North Star.
4. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(b) Through time.
(c) Beyond death.
5. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
(a) In the evening.
(b) In the day.
(c) In the morning.
(d) At night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
2. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
3. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
4. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
5. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)