|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Doom that Came to Sarnath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
(a) In the day.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In the morning.
(d) At night.
2. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
3. How did the sailor escape the island in "Dagon"?
(a) He forgot.
(b) An ambulance arrived.
(c) A plane took him.
(d) He rode the creature.
4. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
(c) Carriage driver.
5. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
(a) An evil spirit.
(b) A snake.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A submarine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people of Sarnath do what to the beings of Ib?
2. Where was it rumored the people of Ib had descended from where, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
3. When was the story "Polaris" written?
4. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
5. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)