|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
2. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A snake.
(d) An evil spirit.
3. How did the sailor escape in "Dagon"?
(a) His crew saved him.
(c) He swam.
(d) He levitated.
4. When was the story "Polaris" written?
5. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Beyond death.
(d) Through time.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
2. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
3. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
4. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
5. What is the narrator to do if the Inutos gain the upper hand in the battle, in "Polaris"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)