|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
(b) Other planets.
(c) Alternate realities.
2. What is Polaris another name for?
(b) The North Star.
(c) The Big Dipper.
3. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
4. What did Joe Slater awaken from a nightmare to do, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Kill his wife.
(b) Kill a man.
(c) Kill his children.
(d) Kill himself.
5. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
2. What does the narrator long to be, but was found unworthy, in "Polaris"?
3. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
4. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
5. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)