|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the land in which the narrator finds himself dreaming, in "Polaris"?
2. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
(c) Carriage driver.
3. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
(a) Grey ooze.
(b) A giant whale.
4. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) The Amateur.
(b) Fantasy Reader.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) Pine Cones.
5. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A snake.
(c) A mountain.
(d) An evil spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
2. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
3. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
4. Where is the demon hiding which the being goes to destroy, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
5. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)