|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
2. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
3. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
4. When was the story "Polaris" written?
5. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
2. How did the sailor escape the island in "Dagon"?
3. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
4. Where was the psychiatric patient from, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
5. How did the sailor escape in "Dagon"?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)