|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the enemies of the people of Olathoe, in "Polaris"?
2. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Andy Slater.
(b) Joe Martin.
(c) Jerry Slater.
(d) Joe Slater.
3. What lures the narrator to sleep, in "Polaris"?
(a) A fairy.
(b) The North Star.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The moon.
4. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
5. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He dies.
(c) He gets married.
(d) He wakes up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the sailor escape the island in "Dagon"?
2. What is the name of the land in which the narrator finds himself dreaming, in "Polaris"?
3. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
4. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
5. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)