|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
2. What lures the narrator to sleep, in "Polaris"?
(a) The moon.
(b) A fairy.
(c) The North Star.
(d) The ocean.
3. How did the sailor escape the island in "Dagon"?
(a) He rode the creature.
(b) A plane took him.
(c) He forgot.
(d) An ambulance arrived.
4. What is Polaris another name for?
(b) The North Star.
(c) The Big Dipper.
5. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) Fantasy Reader.
(c) Pine Cones.
(d) The Amateur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
2. Where was the psychiatric patient from, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
3. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
4. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
5. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)