|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joe Slater awaken from a nightmare to do, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Kill his children.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill a man.
(d) Kill his wife.
2. How did the sailor escape in "Dagon"?
(a) He swam.
(c) He levitated.
(d) His crew saved him.
3. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
(c) Carriage driver.
4. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
5. What lures the narrator to sleep, in "Polaris"?
(a) The moon.
(b) The North Star.
(c) The ocean.
(d) A fairy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
2. What is the narrator to do if the Inutos gain the upper hand in the battle, in "Polaris"?
3. Who are the enemies of the people of Olathoe, in "Polaris"?
4. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
5. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)