|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
(a) An evil spirit.
(b) A submarine.
(c) A snake.
(d) A mountain.
2. How did the sailor escape the island in "Dagon"?
(a) He rode the creature.
(b) He forgot.
(c) A plane took him.
(d) An ambulance arrived.
3. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
(d) Carriage driver.
4. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Medical internist.
5. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Through time.
(b) Beyond death.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
2. What refers to a single structure that arises from the ground?
3. What lures the narrator to sleep, in "Polaris"?
4. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
5. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)