|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
2. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
3. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
4. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
5. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
(b) A giant whale.
(d) Grey ooze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lures the narrator to sleep, in "Polaris"?
2. What refers to a single structure that arises from the ground?
3. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
4. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
5. What does the narrator long to be, but was found unworthy, in "Polaris"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)