|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
(a) Alternate realities.
(b) Other planets.
2. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
3. What does the narrator long to be, but was found unworthy, in "Polaris"?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A king.
(c) A warror.
(d) A prince.
4. Where was the psychiatric patient from, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Upstate Massachusetts.
(b) Southern Illinois.
(c) Upstate New York.
(d) Western Kentucky.
5. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
2. Where is the demon hiding which the being goes to destroy, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
3. What is the name of the land in which the narrator finds himself dreaming, in "Polaris"?
4. What is Polaris another name for?
5. When was the story "Polaris" written?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)