|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
2. How did the sailor escape the island in "Dagon"?
(a) He rode the creature.
(b) A plane took him.
(c) He forgot.
(d) An ambulance arrived.
3. Where is the demon hiding which the being goes to destroy, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
4. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
(a) A U.F.O.
(b) A pirate ship.
(c) A submarine.
(d) An American warship.
5. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
(a) The river mouth.
(b) The shore.
(c) The fortress.
(d) The mountain pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
2. What is Polaris another name for?
3. What does the narrator long to be, but was found unworthy, in "Polaris"?
4. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
5. Where was the psychiatric patient from, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)