|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the sailor escape the island in "Dagon"?
(a) He rode the creature.
(b) He forgot.
(c) An ambulance arrived.
(d) A plane took him.
2. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A pirate ship.
(c) An American warship.
(d) A U.F.O.
3. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He dies.
(c) He gets married.
(d) He wakes up.
4. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) Pine Cones.
(b) Fantasy Reader.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) The Amateur.
5. What lures the narrator to sleep, in "Polaris"?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A fairy.
(c) The moon.
(d) The North Star.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the demon hiding which the being goes to destroy, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
2. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
3. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
4. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
5. What is the name of the land in which the narrator finds himself dreaming, in "Polaris"?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)