|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Medical internist.
2. How did the sailor escape the island in "Dagon"?
(a) He forgot.
(b) A plane took him.
(c) He rode the creature.
(d) An ambulance arrived.
3. What did the sailor in "Dagon" eventually become addicted to?
4. What did Joe Slater awaken from a nightmare to do, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill his children.
(c) Kill a man.
(d) Kill his wife.
5. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
(a) Other planets.
(d) Alternate realities.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
2. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
3. When was the story "Polaris" written?
4. Once the narrator hooks his machine to the patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep," he sees a world made of what?
5. Where was the psychiatric patient from, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)