|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond the Wall of Sleep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lures the narrator to sleep, in "Polaris"?
(a) A fairy.
(b) The North Star.
(c) The moon.
(d) The ocean.
2. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
3. When was the story "Polaris" written?
4. What city does the narrator first dream he is in, in "Polaris"?
5. The sailor in "Dagon"concluded it would be safest to explore the island when?
(a) At night.
(b) In the morning.
(c) In the day.
(d) In the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Slater in the end of "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
2. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
3. What refers to a single structure that arises from the ground?
4. Where is the demon hiding which the being goes to destroy, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
5. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)