|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Supernatural Horror in Literature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Altberg is the captain of what, in "The Temple"?
(a) A war ship.
(b) A freight ship.
(c) A submarine.
(d) An oil tanker.
2. Where were the travelers, in "The Cats of Ulthar," coming from?
(a) The south.
(b) The north.
(c) The east.
(d) The west.
3. The stranger's voice, in "Hypnos," is described as "the music of deep viols and of crystalline" what?
4. The narrator in, "Hypnos," writes of the stranger, "this man was a faun's statue out of antique ____..."
5. The people of Teloth, in "The Quest of Iranon," are described as very what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The captain's log, of "The Temple," was found off the coast of what?
2. What is the name of the boy Iranon befriends in Teloth?
3. Who, according to Lovecraft, utilized his knowledge of psychology and philosophy to break free from the Gothic cliché to create a new and more powerful horror story?
4. Lovecraft writes in "Supernatural Horror in Literature," "Creative minds are ____, and the best of fabrics have their dull spots."
5. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)