|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Ship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joe Slater awaken from a nightmare to do, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill a man.
(c) Kill his wife.
(d) Kill his children.
2. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
(a) The fortress.
(b) The river mouth.
(c) The mountain pass.
(d) The shore.
3. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
(c) A giant whale.
(d) Grey ooze.
4. The creature in "Dagon" is described as half-man, half-what?
5. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the white ship seen by the narrator, in "The White Ship"?
2. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
3. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
4. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
5. What is the name of the narrator in "The White Ship"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)