|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Ship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the enemies of the people of Olathoe, in "Polaris"?
2. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Beyond death.
(c) Through time.
3. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
(a) Their idol.
(b) Their fountain.
(c) Their town hall.
(d) Their women.
4. Where was "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" first published?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) Fantasy Reader.
(c) Pine Cones.
(d) The Amateur.
5. Where does the narrator find himself in the end of "The White Ship"?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A hospital.
(c) The ship.
(d) The lighthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the high priest of Sarnath writing when he dies?
2. What did Joe Slater awaken from a nightmare to do, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
3. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
4. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
5. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)