|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Ship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the psychiatric patient from, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Southern Illinois.
(b) Upstate Massachusetts.
(c) Western Kentucky.
(d) Upstate New York.
2. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) James Hotmore.
(c) Carl Jung.
(d) Alexander Williams.
3. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
4. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Andy Slater.
(b) Joe Martin.
(c) Joe Slater.
(d) Jerry Slater.
5. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
(a) The river mouth.
(b) The shore.
(c) The mountain pass.
(d) The fortress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had risen from the depths, during the night in "Dagon"?
2. What is the narrator's job in the dream-land, in "Polaris"?
3. Where was it rumored the people of Ib had descended from where, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
4. In what year is "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" set?
5. On what land, in "The White Ship," is there neither time nor space, suffering nor death?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)