|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Ship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the psychiatric patient, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Jerry Slater.
(b) Joe Martin.
(c) Andy Slater.
(d) Joe Slater.
2. Who are the enemies of the people of Olathoe, in "Polaris"?
3. The patient in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" has night rants that are described as extremely what?
4. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(b) Beyond death.
(c) Through time.
5. Where did the bravest warriors go to meet their enemies for battle in Olathoe, in the story "Polaris"?
(a) The river mouth.
(b) The mountain pass.
(c) The fortress.
(d) The shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacked the sailor's ship in "Dagon"?
2. On what anniversary do the people of Sarnath complain of seeing the long dead mysterious creatures around town?
3. What do the narrator and his companion follow in their ship, in "The White Ship"?
4. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
5. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)