|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Ship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is on the white ship seen by the narrator, in "The White Ship"?
(a) A bearded man.
(b) A beautiful woman.
(c) A sea-god.
(d) A mermaid.
2. What did Joe Slater awaken from a nightmare to do, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Kill his children.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill a man.
(d) Kill his wife.
3. What was the sailor taken aboard as prisoner in "Dagon"?
(a) An American warship.
(b) A pirate ship.
(c) A submarine.
(d) A U.F.O.
4. What land is referred to as a land past the pillars that no man has ever seen, in "The White Ship"?
5. What psychologist does the narrator cite in the opening of "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
(a) Carl Jung.
(b) James Hotmore.
(c) Alexander Williams.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
2. What does the narrator long to be, but was found unworthy, in "Polaris"?
3. The narrator invents a machine that would let him see what, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
4. What lures the narrator to sleep, in "Polaris"?
5. Where was it rumored the people of Ib had descended from where, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)