|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Ship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
(a) A giant whale.
(c) Grey ooze.
2. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
3. What did the sailor awake to find himself surrounded by in "Dagon"?
(a) White light.
(b) Dark ooze.
(d) Yellow light.
4. What is the name of the land in which the narrator finds himself dreaming, in "Polaris"?
5. In the narrator's dream in "Polaris," he finds himself in a city between the peaks of Noton and what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator decide to travel after many eons, in "The White Ship"?
2. Where does the narrator first sail, in "The White Ship"?
3. What is the narrator's position in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
4. The god the beings of Ib worship is described as a great what?
5. What great stone city had once stood by the lake, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)