|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Ship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joe Slater awaken from a nightmare to do, in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill his children.
(c) Kill his wife.
(d) Kill a man.
2. What city stood 10,000 years ago but stands no more, in the story "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
3. How many days did the sailor shelter himself on his stranded boat before venturing out, in "Dagon"?
4. When does the author write in "Polaris," "the winds from the north curse and whine, and the red-leaved trees of the swamp mutter things to one another in the small hours of the morning under the horned waning moon"?
5. What is the name of the god the beings of Ib worship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Sarnath steal from Ib?
2. In what land is there a vast, still lake that is fed by no stream, but out of which no stream flows, in "The Doom that Came to Sarnath"?
3. The narrator in "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" believes the human mind is sometimes able to visit where in sleep?
4. Where does the narrator find himself in the end of "The White Ship"?
5. What does the sailor in "Dagon" find on the monolith on the island?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)